PDA

View Full Version : DHS - Pirates of the Carribean Experience

WDW&MK
09-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Spoiler alert!!

Was at WDW last week and we waited about 20-30 minutes for the POTC Experience they have (it's next to TSM). I have to say that DH and I are not usually very critical of all things disney but WOW is this a terrible show!! I guess I thought it was supposed to be props from the movies - so was disappointed to begin with, but the show was just BAD!!. You walk in not really knowing what's going on or what to expect. The first 2 scenes remind me of the pirates game at DisneyQuest, the last scene with Capt Jack Sparrow is really all about him being drunk, drinking rum etc. He actually drinks from a bottle of rum and throws either the bottle or the cap (don't remember which) during the scene. I know he's always tipsy in character which is funny for adults and probably goes over kids' heads, but I am so glad my nieces and nephews weren't with us because I thought it was really quite heavily relying on his drinking. I am still not sure if they meant it to be funny or what :confused:
Walt would be so proud :(

Dulcee
09-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Different strokes I guess.

DH and I thought it was fun. The video or projection or whatever it is of Jack is awesome.

And as far as the rum inclusion, it's really no more then it's inclusion in any of the movies. If you were ok with it there I'm not sure why it would be offensive here. I mean POTC relays on pillage and plunder and drinking up so you fall asleep with pigs and auction off women (all of which Walt was intimately a part of planning), it's really not too different.

Madame Leona
09-22-2013, 10:13 AM
I went with DS (7) to see it a few weeks ago. We both really liked it. It really doesn't have any more rum than the movie (the rum smugglers island) or the ride. Plus, my son just thinks Jack is weird...I don't think he's knows he's drunk.

Mickey91
09-22-2013, 10:52 AM
We really liked it. Seemed to be accurate to the movies in which Jack was always inquiring about or drinking rum. Very entertaining. If you allow your child to watch the movies the show should not be a shock. The special effects with the filmed Jack Sparrow are quite amazing.:mickey:

CaptSmee
09-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Once was prob enough for me, but then holographic Captain Jack was pretty amazing