PDA

View Full Version : Tell us about your 2013 MNSSHP

JoDisney
09-21-2013, 02:45 PM
There have been 4 parties already. Please share your experiences if you attended one of these recent MNSSHP for 2013.

VWL Mom
09-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I'd love to hear your feedback as well. :mickey:

Terra
09-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Watching this thread too! I'm going for the first time ever Oct. 4th. Never been to one of the holiday parties and I'm so excited!!!

AgentC
09-21-2013, 08:45 PM
We went on this Friday. I will post a report tomorrow or Monday when I am back. We did have a great time. The Halloween fireworks are my favorite and they were fantastic as usual.

JoDisney
09-29-2013, 01:32 PM
There have been more MNSSHPs, any reports?

AgentC
09-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Sorry. I've been slow posting. It will do a report for you tonight.

DisneyDawgette
09-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Went last year and loved it, attending the 10/4 party this year as well! It's going to be crowded because it's race weekend, but I'm hoping it's just as fun! :)

Lindsey310
09-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Excited to hear thoughts also. We are going 10/22! :mickey:

20 days!!!!! :joy:

twinboyz
09-30-2013, 09:43 AM
:bump::D

Totally wanna hear what people are saying.. We're going on Oct. 11th for the first time!! :cloud9:

Mitzie
10-01-2013, 08:50 AM
We go on 10/27 but it will be our 5th in a row and we love them. So for all the newbies..enjoy! DH thinks they are MK's best fireworks and I love the HM characters in the parade. We have experienced short lines for things like BTM in the past as well. It is just a fun environment.

Terra
10-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Went last year and loved it, attending the 10/4 party this year as well! It's going to be crowded because it's race weekend, but I'm hoping it's just as fun! :)
We're going that night too! I can't wait!!

Mary Poppins
10-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Going for our second year in a row on the 18th!! Cant wait! :mpumpkin:

AgentC
10-04-2013, 12:48 AM
I finally had time to post a short write up about our experiences at MNSSHP on 9/20/13. :pumpkin:

This was our second time going to MNSSHP. I knew that a Friday night might be a little busy but I hoped going so early in the season would help keep the crowds done. Overall the crowd level during our visit was excellent. I know it has been mentioned that Sept is not a quiet as it used to be but compared to other times of the year Sept crowds are quite low. Since we are annual pass holders , we went to MK in the morning, then went back to our resort for a bit before returning to MK at about 4:30.

Earlier in the day, I had taken my ticket print outs to Guest Services and had them convert them to plastic tickets. I did this because I find the plastic tickets much easier to carry around than the pieces of paper but the wait is much shorter to convert than to go to will call and pick up tickets.

As usual they were letting party goers in at 4. There were cast members stationed after the entrance to put the Halloween wrist bands on and handing out small bag for trick or treating. These were the same bags as last year except they promoted different movies.

Once inside we went straight to our ADR at Tony's. (See my review here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=201462). After the world's fastest meal, we exited and I took my daughter to use the FP we got earlier in the day to see Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall.

My kids mainly wanted to trick or treat so we did very few rides and no characters this year, but the lines seemed to be moving well. We did do the Haunted Mansion. The cast members were dressed up with extra makeup and effects which made it extra fun. We also stopped to get our picture at the carriage early in the paty before it got crowded.:ghost:

Here are some highlights of what we did or noticed:
SotMK Cards
My husband and son got right in line at the firehouse to get their special Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom cards. It was about 5:30 and there were already about 50 people in line. My daughter and I got our cards later in Liberty Square. The line there was shorter but still had about 20 people in it.

I thought the line for the cards moved slow. To receive a card you must show your party ticket and your wristband and even if you are not going to play at the time, they have to enter you in the system and give you a new key card. You may not get a card for another member of your party if they are not present in the line. Last year they only required that you show the wrist band and the lines moved much faster.

Characters
The lines for Jack & Sally were long all night There were still at least 50 people in line around 11. The Seven Dwarfs are no longer at Big Thunder Mountain. They now meet at the Fantasy Land castle walls between Pinocchio Village Haus and Belle's Cottage. Some of Cinderella's mice meet at the other castle wall.
Phineas and Ferb no longer meet but do the pre parade show on Main St. They were very entertaining. Duffy did not meet this year.

Special foods
The Confectionery had quite a bit of Halloween baked goods. We tried some of the cupcakes. They were good but the frosting was super sweet.

Trick or Treat Locations
We hit every location at least once. My kids got a lot of candy. The mix of candy excellent- Snickers, Milky Ways, Twix, Hershey bars, Dots, Tootsie rolls, Laffy Taffy and Butterfingers were just a few.

Pinocchio Village Haus did not give out a mix of candy. Like last year , they only had apple filled Werther's caramels. The Tiki Room has a sign saying Craisins but they also had regular candy.

They were enforcing the Trick or Treat Trail that runs from Space Mountain to Storybook Circus as one way. You could only enter at Space Mountain.

At the end of the night , they were giving out candy again before the exit and had baby Peeps.

Entertainment- Dance Parties

We only stopped by the Monstrous Dance Party for a few minutes but it was fun and they had some of the other monsters from Monsters University as well as Mike and Sully.

Parade
I love this parade though it seemed slightly shorter to me than normal. I haven't seen it enough to know if it has less floats. At the end the has some extra large construction type cones painted like candy corn that seemed out of place. Overall thought the parade was great.

Castle Show/ Fireworks
We got seats at the tables in front of The Plaza Restaurant for the Celebrate the Magic Show and the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks.

The castle shows as always was beautiful and had a few new scenes that have been added for the Halloween season. I think HalloWishes is my favorite fireworks. They perimeter fireworks were spectacular.

Villains Dance Mix and Mingle My son thought this was okay but too short. :witch:

Overall this remains one of my favorite events. As a pass holder, I am pretty stingy about paying to get into the park for a hard ticket. MNSSHP remains an event my whole family enjoys that is worth the price to us.
Hope this helps.:mpumpkin:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Makes me excited to try it next year. Thanks for the report:mpumpkin:

twinboyz
10-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Thanks much for the review! Getting so excited!! We will be there in on 5 days.. Party in 7.:cloud9:

Terra
10-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the update! I go tonight, and then we are staying at All Star Sports and hitting Food & Wine tomorrow!

Can't wait.

4disneynuts
10-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Excited to hear thoughts also. We are going 10/22! :mickey:

20 days!!!!! :joy:

My DH and I will also be attending on the 22nd! So excited. This will be our second time attending the party. The first time was awesome. :malef:

CaptSmee
10-04-2013, 11:30 AM
I finally had time to post a short write up about our experiences at MNSSHP on 9/20/13. :pumpkin:

This was our second time going to MNSSHP. I knew that a Friday night might be a little busy but I hoped going so early in the season would help keep the crowds done. Overall the crowd level during our visit was excellent. I know it has been mentioned that Sept is not a quiet as it used to be but compared to other times of the year Sept crowds are quite low. Since we are annual pass holders , we went to MK in the morning, then went back to our resort for a bit before returning to MK at about 4:30.

Earlier in the day, I had taken my ticket print outs to Guest Services and had them convert them to plastic tickets. I did this because I find the plastic tickets much easier to carry around than the pieces of paper but the wait is much shorter to convert than to go to will call and pick up tickets.

As usual they were letting party goers in at 4. There were cast members stationed after the entrance to put the Halloween wrist bands on and handing out small bag for trick or treating. These were the same bags as last year except they promoted different movies.

Once inside we went straight to our ADR at Tony's. (See my review here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=201462). After the world's fastest meal, we exited and I took my daughter to use the FP we got earlier in the day to see Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall.

My kids mainly wanted to trick or treat so we did very few rides and no characters this year, but the lines seemed to be moving well. We did do the Haunted Mansion. The cast members were dressed up with extra makeup and effects which made it extra fun. We also stopped to get our picture at the carriage early in the paty before it got crowded.:ghost:

Here are some highlights of what we did or noticed:
SotMK Cards
My husband and son got right in line at the firehouse to get their special Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom cards. It was about 5:30 and there were already about 50 people in line. My daughter and I got our cards later in Liberty Square. The line there was shorter but still had about 20 people in it.

I thought the line for the cards moved slow. To receive a card you must show your party ticket and your wristband and even if you are not going to play at the time, they have to enter you in the system and give you a new key card. You may not get a card for another member of your party if they are not present in the line. Last year they only required that you show the wrist band and the lines moved much faster.

Characters
The lines for Jack & Sally were long all night There were still at least 50 people in line around 11. The Seven Dwarfs are no longer at Big Thunder Mountain. They now meet at the Fantasy Land castle walls between Pinocchio Village Haus and Belle's Cottage. Some of Cinderella's mice meet at the other castle wall.
Phineas and Ferb no longer meet but do the pre parade show on Main St. They were very entertaining. Duffy did not meet this year.

Special foods
The Confectionery had quite a bit of Halloween baked goods. We tried some of the cupcakes. They were good but the frosting was super sweet.

Trick or Treat Locations
We hit every location at least once. My kids got a lot of candy. The mix of candy excellent- Snickers, Milky Ways, Twix, Hershey bars, Dots, Tootsie rolls, Laffy Taffy and Butterfingers were just a few.

Pinocchio Village Haus did not give out a mix of candy. Like last year , they only had apple filled Werther's caramels. The Tiki Room has a sign saying Craisins but they also had regular candy.

They were enforcing the Trick or Treat Trail that runs from Space Mountain to Storybook Circus as one way. You could only enter at Space Mountain.

At the end of the night , they were giving out candy again before the exit and had baby Peeps.

Entertainment- Dance Parties

We only stopped by the Monstrous Dance Party for a few minutes but it was fun and they had some of the other monsters from Monsters University as well as Mike and Sully.

Parade
I love this parade though it seemed slightly shorter to me than normal. I haven't seen it enough to know if it has less floats. At the end the has some extra large construction type cones painted like candy corn that seemed out of place. Overall thought the parade was great.

Castle Show/ Fireworks
We got seats at the tables in front of The Plaza Restaurant for the Celebrate the Magic Show and the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks.

The castle shows as always was beautiful and had a few new scenes that have been added for the Halloween season. I think HalloWishes is my favorite fireworks. They perimeter fireworks were spectacular.

Villains Dance Mix and Mingle My son thought this was okay but too short. :witch:

Overall this remains one of my favorite events. As a pass holder, I am pretty stingy about paying to get into the park for a hard ticket. MNSSHP remains an event my whole family enjoys that is worth the price to us.
Hope this helps.:mpumpkin:

Nice review :thumbsup:

I have been to several of these over the years & went to the 1st one this year. The only thing that I have to add is that we found that MANY more people were dressed in costume compared to years past.

Also if attractions are more your thing most of the lines are shortt, I think because most people were getting candy then watch the parade & fireworks then leave. We always wait until after the 2nd parade to collect candy, short lines & the CM's dump handfulls in your bag at that point.

garthbarth1
10-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks for your reviews!! May I ask what the Sorcerers of Magic Card is?? And Storybook Circus :) We will be there the 18th!

Fantasmic
10-10-2013, 08:43 AM
I went on the 10/4 as Ariel in her Sail Dress, it was a fab night, and not too crowded!

AgentC
10-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Thanks for your reviews!! May I ask what the Sorcerers of Magic Card is?? And Storybook Circus :) We will be there the 18th!

Are you asking what the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom game is or what the specific card for this year's party is?

Terra
10-10-2013, 09:55 AM
We had a GREAT time! Loved the short lines for attractions. Haunted Mansion was awesome with Madame Carlotta as entertainment! And loved how the cast members were even more Zombie-fied!

I was amazed at how much candy they give and it's the good candy. None of the peppermint stuff ;)

Lots of people dressed up. It was great fun just people watching while waiting for the parade.

Absolutely LOVED the headless horseman! It was so eerie how quiet everyone was and how he road slowly looking with the pumpkin head.

The parade is too cute. Love the song. It's still in my mind. It wasn't overly crowded IMO. Everyone from CMs to attendees were in GREAT moods. The music playing all over the park was great.

Just all around fun!

robyn221
10-12-2013, 02:07 PM
If you're visiting another non-Disney park (I know, why would you? 4 words: Superheroes & Harry Potter.) and want to attend the MNSSHP, can you purchase a ticket for that event without having a general admission ticket. I'm guessing the answer is yes, but just want to clarify before I start modifying my trip budget.
Thanks for tolerating a goofy question!

Giggy
10-13-2013, 08:19 AM
If you're visiting another non-Disney park (I know, why would you? 4 words: Superheroes & Harry Potter.) and want to attend the MNSSHP, can you purchase a ticket for that event without having a general admission ticket. I'm guessing the answer is yes, but just want to clarify before I start modifying my trip budget.
Thanks for tolerating a goofy question!

Ticket for the event is completely seperate. If you buy a MNSSHP ticket you can get into the park at (I think) 4pm WITHOUT a general admission ticket. You only need a general admission ticket as well if you plan to be in the park before 4pm.

Not done MNSSHP or MVMCP, both are on my list to do one day. :mickey:

twinboyz
10-14-2013, 04:22 PM
We were there for the 10/11 party. It was super crowded, but the ride wait lines were short. Most folks were trick or treating. As newbies to this event, we didn't know what to expect. The fireworks and parade were really amazing. It was a bit frustrating as it seemed we were waiting around a lot for those things to happen. But sincerely glad we did because it was worth the wait.:)

It was wall to wall people everywhere until about 11:30 when we left. I was a bit disappointed since most folks said they limit attendance at these events. It sure didn't seem that way. It was as crowded at the Halloween Party as it is on a busy day at MK.