PDA

View Full Version : I have to share somewher! So excited!

Terra
09-21-2013, 10:45 AM
My mom and step dad currently live in Wales, UK. My step dad is a British native. My mom has become one through the marriage. Now they are working on dual citizenship.

Anyway, when she moved over there with him after they married 2 years ago it was so difficult. After she lived just 5 minutes away for 10 years!! And my 2 sons miss her terribly too!

Anyway, they are closing this week on a condo back here in my town and plan on moving back next summer!!!! They will split there time between here and there [mainly here]. My SD loves the states!!

I am so thrilled!! Oh my goodness how I have missed my mom so much. It really made me realize just how much I love, need, and appreciate at her, even at 42 years old!

She doesn't want anyone knowing here until everything is final, but I had to share somewhere!

And as for my step-dad, I actually just call him dad! He is a wonderful man. After being divorced from my father when I was 2 [because he was and still is an addict. Very sad]. And then being married to an abusive man for 16 years, she finally has found true happiness, and I actually have someone whom I'm proud to call father, and my sons have a grandfather!!

Thanks for listening! Over seas can be quite a distance ;)

SBETigg
09-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Great news for you! Best wishes for her big move.

retiredfigment
09-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Love reading good news like this. Moms are special for sure.

MNNHFLTX
09-21-2013, 12:32 PM
So glad for you! I can imagine how much you've missed your mother. :)

On a side note, I thought it was interesting that you live in Lake Wales and your mom relocated to Wales. Lol--sorry, that just caught my eye!

Where in Wales does she and your stepdad live? We have been to Cardiff and Swansea areas and thought it was very beautiful there.

VWL Mom
09-21-2013, 02:21 PM
You must be so excited!! Hope the closing goes smoothly.

faline
09-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Good news!!

Terra
09-21-2013, 06:25 PM
So glad for you! I can imagine how much you've missed your mother. :)

On a side note, I thought it was interesting that you live in Lake Wales and your mom relocated to Wales. Lol--sorry, that just caught my eye!

Where in Wales does she and your stepdad live? We have been to Cardiff and Swansea areas and thought it was very beautiful there.

We always chuckle about that too! The sister over the ocean we say!
They are in in Rhyl.
I was able to go see their condo today. It's perfect for them and my sons are so excited and already have big plans for spending the night! :blush:

She's going to Spain next week with my sister, helping her move from Rhyl. My sister accepted a teaching position there. So everything is getting squared away!

Arielfan98
09-22-2013, 09:41 PM
I do agree; mothers are always needed, no matter what age. I wish to congratulate you on finding your happy ending with a wonderful dad and great parents who are moving so close to you :)

TheVBs
09-23-2013, 06:38 AM
That's so wonderful! My mom lives very close to us and I don't know what we'd do without her. Glad you'll be close again soon! :)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-23-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm so excited for all of you. It will be wonderful to have both of them close to you.