PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to be at MNSSHP in the worst way!

TheVBs
09-20-2013, 07:23 AM
In 2011 we went to MNSSHP for the first time. We had a blast! But, I remember thinking that, as fun as it was, I didn't really feel the need to do it again. My only reservation was the crowd size. Everything was manageable in that respect except for the meet & greets, which was a disappointment.

So why is it that I desperately wish we could be there this year?! :confused:

Ms. Mode
09-20-2013, 07:45 AM
I totally understand! We went last year for the very first time and, well, we did it wrong! I was so tired from walking all over the park that day, my DH didn't want to stand in line for ANY meet and greet and NO candy for us so I was ready to go and totally forgot about the parade! I missed the Headless Horseman!

I told him we have to go to another Halloween party and I know next time how to do it! Pool/nap during the day :)

Anyway, I hope you get back there soon!

MarkC
09-20-2013, 09:34 AM
I think we are going on the 29th. Are there any tricks to maximize your time and enjoyment?

There will be 4 adults in their 50's-- no kids so Meet and Greets won't be a big issue. Thanks.

Ms. Mode
09-20-2013, 01:48 PM
I think we are going on the 29th. Are there any tricks to maximize your time and enjoyment?

There will be 4 adults in their 50's-- no kids so Meet and Greets won't be a big issue. Thanks.

Well, speaking as someone 50+ I can tell you that you really don't want to spend all day in the same park, or if you go to MK in the morning take a break in the afternoon and lay around the pool or take a nap. That way you will be refreshed before the party.

People start staking out an area to watch the parade early so if you can stay for the second parade that would be good. There are events all over the park so don't get bogged down with the rides...you can do that anytime.

I loved looking at what people had dressed up as; and even though you think you don't want to meet and greet...don't rule that out! Might be fun.

Relax and have a good time!

epceddie
09-20-2013, 11:28 PM
My wife and I are going to TWO Halloween parties next month and we'd go to THREE if we could (we don't attend on weekends). That's how much we enjoy them.
My advice is to get there at 4 p.m. and enter the park with your MNSSHP wristband. That will give you three extra hours to enjoy the park before they start asking non-ticket holders to leave.
Make sure to see the Headless Horseman at the beginning of the parade. That's always a great moment.
Also, this has worked for us in the past. Go to the second floor of the train station overlooking Main Street USA as the first parade ends. A lot of people will leave and you can grab great seats for the fireworks looking down Main Street towards the Castle.

TheVBs
09-21-2013, 07:32 AM
I totally understand! We went last year for the very first time and, well, we did it wrong! I was so tired from walking all over the park that day, my DH didn't want to stand in line for ANY meet and greet and NO candy for us so I was ready to go and totally forgot about the parade! I missed the Headless Horseman!

I told him we have to go to another Halloween party and I know next time how to do it! Pool/nap during the day :)

Anyway, I hope you get back there soon!

Yes! I think that's a huge part of it. Of all things, we didn't ride Haunted Mansion during the party. I didn't know about the special characters over there and we'd ridden it maybe 6 times already on that trip. I feel like we need to go back and do that!

And, I did read that they have Jack and Sally there now! Our girls LOVE that movie. What took WDW so long to do this? I'd love to see them too.

To all of you going, have a wonderful time! :mickey: I can only echo the suggestions above. The parade is not to be missed. Don't be afraid to do a meet and greet if you want, although you may have to be happy with just one or two. We chose only one rare character because the girls were just too excited to stand in line all night.

We're going next year, and talked about going in the fall again, but it may make more sense for us to go in May. We haven't figured that out yet.