PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass + Question

Donald Duck
09-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Could some one please explain to me how Fastpass + works ?

We are going to WDW right after Christmas.

Last time we went was almost 3 years ago.
The only fastpass I am aware of is the one where you go to the attraction you want to go on put in your Pass and the tickets print out with a time to return.

Is Fastpass+ replacing this system or is it in addition to ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck
:mickey:

MickeysBestPal
09-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Could some one please explain to me how Fastpass + works ?

We are going to WDW right after Christmas.

Last time we went was almost 3 years ago.
The only fastpass I am aware of is the one where you go to the attraction you want to go on put in your Pass and the tickets print out with a time to return.

1- Is Fastpass+ replacing this system

2- or is it in addition to ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck

Hey Mr. Duck!

FP+ has very a long explanation of features and drawbacks.
It's actually quite controversial among Disney fans.
Rather than me attempting to type for 30 minutes with MY thoughts,
you can find easily find dozens of discussions with just a basic search
of this site or the web.

But, to your specifics...

FP+ is only being "tested" at this time.
When roll-out will be is unknown.
Some say "by the end of this year."
(Right now, during the tests, some guests at certain WDW resorts have been able to use both FP+ and regular FP at the same time.)

1- Eventually, that's the word.

2- For "awhile" both will coexist.
But, after FP+ comes fully on-line, guests reportedly won't be able to use both systems simultaneously.

How long "awhile" will be is unknown.
Some say "by the end of NEXT year."

Donald Duck
09-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Hey Mr. Duck!

FP+ has very a long explanation of features and drawbacks.
It's actually quite controversial among Disney fans.
Rather than me attempting to type for 30 minutes with MY thoughts,
you can find easily find dozens of discussions with just a basic search
of this site or the web.

But, to your specifics...

FP+ is only being "tested" at this time.
When roll-out will be is unknown.
Some say "by the end of this year."

1- Eventually, that's the word.

2- For "awhile" both will coexist.
But, after FP+ comes fully on-line, guests reportedly won't be able to use both systems simultaneously.

How long "awhile" will be is unknown.
Some say "by the end of NEXT year."

Thanks.
I tried searching but each thread had different info on how many days out you can make resv (180, 90, 60...)

So, if they both are in effect when I go in December would I be able to get an old fp for the same day in addition to the 3 for fp+ ?

MickeysBestPal
09-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks.
I tried searching but each thread had different info on how many days out you can make resv (180, 90, 60...)

So, if they both are in effect when I go in December would I be able to get an old fp for the same day in addition to the 3 for fp+ ?

The problem is that NOBODY KNOWS those answers...
as Disney has never released complete details,
and we don't know for how long the testing will continue,
and we don't know if they will continue to change the various "rules" as
Disney adjusts the aspects of what they are testing.

(BTW, From the hobbled together info that we "know" is that the FP+ reservations will be very likely made 60 days in advance. But NOW, nobody has be able to do that 60 days out, as they are still in test mode.)

Donald Duck
09-19-2013, 09:04 PM
The problem is that NOBODY KNOWS those answers...
as Disney has never released complete details,
and we don't know for how long the testing will continue,
and we don't know if they will continue to change the various "rules" as
Disney adjusts the aspects of what they are testing.

(BTW, From the hobbled together info that we "know" is that the FP+ reservations will be very likely made 60 days in advance. But NOW, nobody has be able to do that 60 days out, as they are still in test mode.)

Thanks.

Capt_redshirt
09-20-2013, 12:11 AM
I got tapped to test it for my october trip and this is what i can tell you about how it works.

My disney experience lets you pick up to 3 rides or attractions (like fantasmic or a character meet and greet). after you pick them they give you 4 plans that will allow you to ride the rides in question. if one of your choices wont match up with your plans (due to a conflict) they will offer another ride or attraction in its place.

For example, the day im in hollywood studios we chose star tours, Toy story midway mania, and Fantasmic as my choices. since it knew i had a reservation at the sci fi drive in it tried to not step on the reservation at all... one of the four options actually worked out with the rides i requested the other three gave up one of the rides and in its place said you might enjoy the indiana jones stunt show.

This is currently how the test is working... When i get back I will let you know what i think.

CaptSmee
09-20-2013, 10:28 AM
I got tapped to test it for my october trip and this is what i can tell you about how it works.

My disney experience lets you pick up to 3 rides or attractions (like fantasmic or a character meet and greet). after you pick them they give you 4 plans that will allow you to ride the rides in question. if one of your choices wont match up with your plans (due to a conflict) they will offer another ride or attraction in its place.

For example, the day im in hollywood studios we chose star tours, Toy story midway mania, and Fantasmic as my choices. since it knew i had a reservation at the sci fi drive in it tried to not step on the reservation at all... one of the four options actually worked out with the rides i requested the other three gave up one of the rides and in its place said you might enjoy the indiana jones stunt show.

This is currently how the test is working... When i get back I will let you know what i think.

After picking your attractions you can go back in to edit the times. We did this several times when we reserved ours. We were able to use regular FP, but once this rolls out every indication is that the old system is going away. It seemed silly to me the # of attractions available for FP+.. does anyone really need one for Figment for example?

Donald Duck
09-20-2013, 10:58 AM

Thanks !

Donald Duck
09-20-2013, 11:00 AM
After picking your attractions you can go back in to edit the times. We did this several times when we reserved ours. We were able to use regular FP, but once this rolls out every indication is that the old system is going away. It seemed silly to me the # of attractions available for FP+.. does anyone really need one for Figment for example?

CaptSmee,

You were able to use both FP and FP+ at the same time ?

DizneyFreak2002
09-20-2013, 12:17 PM
CaptSmee,

You were able to use both FP and FP+ at the same time ?

Only during testing... Once this officially rolls out, all indications are you will only be able to use the FP+ system...

Susan A
09-20-2013, 12:51 PM
I agree with the comment about a need for a FP for the Figmant attraction. A first timer might not know which attractions attract a high level of visitors.

pox24
09-20-2013, 01:13 PM
It worked great during our stay two week ends ago.

spoiledraf
09-20-2013, 02:31 PM
With the implementation of this system they are somewhat limiting how many major attractions you can ride a day. To the old timers does this seem like every thing old is new again? By that I mean you used to get three "E" tickets and three "D" tickets and so on. somewhere I still have some ticket books stashed away. Could probably sell em on eBay now!

Donald Duck
09-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Only during testing... Once this officially rolls out, all indications are you will only be able to use the FP+ system...

Can anyone use the FP+ during the testing phase ?

Capt_redshirt
09-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Can anyone use the FP+ during the testing phase ?

No you will be asked to test it out on the My DIsney Experience page. This is also true for the Magic Band system

Donald Duck
09-20-2013, 04:14 PM
No you will be asked to test it out on the My DIsney Experience page. This is also true for the Magic Band system

Only certain people on My Disney Experience ?

MickeysBestPal
09-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Only certain people on My Disney Experience ?

During this time of testing, it is POSSIBLE that not all guests connected with you on MDE will be able to use FP+.

But, it's likely, under most conditions, that all CAN.

PopPhan
09-22-2013, 01:32 PM

I agree with the comment about a need for a FP for the Figmant attraction. A first timer might not know which attractions attract a high level of visitors.

I made a comment with regard to this on another thread.....It could be that, even though there are attractions that never needed FastPass before, the readers are being installed for the purposes of policing evening EMH -- if you are not an on-site guest, the reader will glow red (or some such determiner) That would allow them to keep the current evening EMH rules.

Capt_redshirt
09-22-2013, 02:00 PM
I made a comment with regard to this on another thread.....It could be that, even though there are attractions that never needed FastPass before, the readers are being installed for the purposes of policing evening EMH -- if you are not an on-site guest, the reader will glow red (or some such determiner) That would allow them to keep the current evening EMH rules.

They might not even glow at all each reader is connected to an Ipad like device and all your info is displayed in real time. From what i hear they even great you by name at each ride