PDA

View Full Version : Magic bands - do I have a chance?

Katzateer
09-19-2013, 08:08 AM
If I booked room only at POP in December will I have a chance of getting a MB or do you have to purchase a package with tickets included? I have tickets left on a pass for 3 days and only plan to go into the parks 3 days out of our 8 day visit.

Lindsey310
09-19-2013, 09:28 AM
We were chosen for this last round of tests. I had a question and called and the cast member told me that testing was continuing through the end of October and possibly being rolled out completely by late fall/early next year. Unless they continue to have problems with the testing phases. :mickey:

30 days!!!!! :mpumpkin:

Tink1
09-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Yes! If your resort is up and running with the bands you can associate an old pass to your band.

Nanci

Ms. Mode
09-19-2013, 10:07 AM
We were chosen for this last round of tests. I had a question and called and the cast member told me that testing was continuing through the end of October and possibly being rolled out completely by late fall/early next year. Unless they continue to have problems with the testing phases. :mickey:

30 days!!!!! :mpumpkin:

Are they having problems with the testing? Haven't read anything that was bad or questionable about the bands.

Katzateer
09-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Yes! If your resort is up and running with the bands you can associate an old pass to your band.

Nanci

Hope so!!! I am excited to try this!! Thanks!:thumbsup:

Lindsey
09-19-2013, 01:26 PM
do you have to purchase a package with tickets included?

Nope! My husband and I were picked and we only booked our room, (Animal Kingdom Lodge). We had originally planned to just purchase tickets when we got there, but now that we will be getting bands we are going to purchase tickets ahead of time so that we can take advantage of FP+ before we arrive.

Capt_redshirt
09-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Are they having problems with the testing? Haven't read anything that was bad or questionable about the bands.

The only problems i seem to read about is that people have a hard time with the bands opening doors and getting into the park. but its hard to tell if thats human error or product error

I also got picked to test it out for PO:FQ but we didnt get our acceptance till 37 days before. we were told we had 7 days to customize our band... and they will mail them to us. if we didnt choose we would have had to have what ever color they gave us at the hotel lobby

Lindsey310
09-20-2013, 01:30 PM

Yes we had friends who went (August) that it was one problem after another. They had to visit guest services 10+ times in one trip. They said the line for the Magic band problems was always long and talked to multiple people (in line) about their issues. Some of the problems they had were not being able to charge back to the room via the band, getting denied park entry even though they had a annual pass and the entry to the room wouldn't work. Come to find out, in the testing phase you supposedly can't link an annual pass?? (Not sure if this is accurate or not bc they had multiple CM tell them different things)! :mickey:

29 days to go!!! :joy:
Can. Not. Wait.

Tink1
09-20-2013, 03:52 PM
We were just down in WDW for Magic Band testing during the Earmarked Conference. I have to say, I did not expect to like them - but I did.

We had a few minor issues with fast pass plus scheduling and once with the interface while paying for a caramel apple that was speedily resolved.

All in all, I think the testing on our part went very well.

Nanci

KODABEAR
09-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Were @ WDW last week. Used magic bands and have annual pass. No problems. Did have to get a second set of bands because we did a split stay. We were told after the testing phase One band will be all we'll need. :mickey:

Marytheta
09-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Were @ WDW last week. Used magic bands and have annual pass. No problems. Did have to get a second set of bands because we did a split stay. We were told after the testing phase One band will be all we'll need. :mickey:

Did you still get a kttw card too? Going in two weeks and have our bands. Hoping to still get that as a backup.

tsantillo
09-21-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm so glad I read this thread. I received an invitation to test the Magic Bands in October and I've been trying to decide whether to do it or not. We are only staying one night, but being able to get Fastpass + for Kali and Everest on our Animal Kingdom day would be great.

After reading this thread, I've decided not to do the test. :sad: My mother will be with us this trip and she has no patience for anything spoiling the magic. Bummer!

Tink1
09-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Did you still get a kttw card too? Going in two weeks and have our bands. Hoping to still get that as a backup.

During the testing phase you will receive both bands and cards.

Nanc

GoldenDreams
10-21-2013, 10:55 PM
In regard to your pass, if it is not the right type, you may have trouble linking it to the bands before you get there. The My Disney Experience website shows where to get the # off the back of your pass, but the pass I have does not have #'s that can be used, and we were told that we can't link them until we arrive. It may depend how old your pass is and where you purchased it.

badkitty
10-23-2013, 10:54 AM
I was invited to test (room only reservation) and received my magic band. Problem is, I can't link my annual pass and the ticket has to be linked in order to use FP+. I've been on the phone with IT several times. Still nothing. It seems not all APs will link yet. I leave for WDW on Nov 6th. I hope this is fixed soon.

SurferStitch
10-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Friends of ours are in WDW now.

They had told us that they didn't opt into the FP+/Magic Bands testing before their trip. She was texting me today about the Magicbands they got, and I was surprised since she said they opted out and weren't getting them.

She said that they had bands for everyone at their resort (Pop), and they were there when they arrived to check in. This seems contrary to discussions here, but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this.

So, even if you don't get an offer to test, you may still get the bands and participate in FP+ anyway once you're there, if you're at a participating resort.