PDA

View Full Version : EMH question

masonlovesdisney
09-18-2013, 06:29 PM
If you are staying off-site, can you attend Extra magic hours?

VWL Mom
09-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Unfortunately, EMH hours are for on-site resort guests only.

masonlovesdisney
09-18-2013, 06:45 PM
What if you are already in the park? Do they find a way to kick you out?

masonlovesdisney
09-18-2013, 06:50 PM
What if you are already in the park? Do they find a way to kick you out?

gerald72
09-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Yes, they boot you out.

Capt_redshirt
09-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Durring EMH if you attempt to ride a ride they will ask for your room key to prove you are on property... and they may (correct me if im wrong) do random spot checks .

MickeysBestPal
09-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Durring EMH if you attempt to ride a ride they will ask for your room key to prove you are on property... and they may (correct me if im wrong) do random spot checks .

Nope. No "spot checks."
(That's only for the hard-ticket parties: MNSSHP and MVMCP.)

If a non-WDW Resort guest is already IN the PM EMH park when the EMH begins, that guests can stay inside the park, stroll, shop, have a snack...
but, without a Resort ID to show to the CM at the entrance to ride queues, that guest won't be able to ride any attractions.

masonlovesdisney
09-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Welp. Thanks for answering my question. Once again another thing Disney does to try and get all the money they can from you. Oh well. Guess we will just stay until 1 am.

CaptSmee
09-20-2013, 10:23 AM

In the past when I've been they ask you at every attraction for a room card. For the Halloween party this year they had people lined up at the entrance to each land from the hub checking for wristbands. I had never seen that before

gerald72
09-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Welp. Thanks for answering my question. Once again another thing Disney does to try and get all the money they can from you. Oh well. Guess we will just stay until 1 am.

It's not fair to the people that Do pay the money, to also give it to everyone for free.

Giggy
09-22-2013, 12:20 PM
It's not fair to the people that Do pay the money, to also give it to everyone for free.

I thought the extra money you payed was for the nice hotel room. ;)

In seriousness I have no problem with EMH being an on-site perk, it was added for that purpose to attract people and that being offered to on-site guests doesn't mean I lose out at all as an off-site guest. I get the same deal as I already did. I would only object if they started taking things away from offsite guests to try and force people into staying onsite, that is kinda mean.

PopPhan
09-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Not to hijack the thread in any way, but this brings up a question.....

Does this mean that off-site guests will NOT be getting MagicBands? If they do, then how will CMs know who can and cannot do the attractions/rides/shows? Maybe this is why everything is getting band readers, whether they previously had FastPass or not. If you are an on-site guest, the reader will glow green/blue/whatever, and if you are not on-site, it will glow red.

Just some thoughts......

MickeysBestPal
09-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Not to hijack the thread in any way, but this brings up a question.....

1- Does this mean that off-site guests will NOT be getting MagicBands?

2- If they do, then how will CMs know who can and cannot do the attractions/rides/shows?
Maybe this is why everything is getting band readers, whether they previously had FastPass or not. If you are an on-site guest, the reader will glow green/blue/whatever, and if you are not on-site, it will glow red.

1- There is no indication from Disney that MB will only be for on-site guests.
They have stated many times (in the limited amount of released info) that MB are going to be available to all guests. Some may be included in a resort package, but off-site and walk-up guests are to be able to purchase them.

2- That could be part of the plan, although not ALL attractions are currently being outfitted with band readers.

Capt_redshirt
09-22-2013, 02:07 PM
2- That could be part of the plan, although not ALL attractions are currently being outfitted with band readers.

They might not have the big band readers but i'm sure all attractions will have portable ones incase the big machines go down...

Opus X
09-22-2013, 02:31 PM
What, by offering a perk for folks saying on property? The rides are a perk for those staying on property...if it was for everyone...what is the point..
I personally don't use the EMH but how is this a bad thing...
But, as stated, you can still stay in and enjoy the park.

Opus X
09-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Exactly, you have to be an on property guest to ride during EMH...as it should be.