PDA

View Full Version : The Park Hours are Changing!

WDWPrincess
09-18-2013, 05:46 PM
I just noticed that some changes have been made to the Park Hours in October- specifically at the Magic Kingdom.

On Sat Oct 12, the MK will now be open to 1AM.
On Sun Oct 13, the MK will now be open to 1AM with Extra Magic Hours going to 3AM!

Also, Epcot will now be open until 10 pm on that weekend as well.

Is there some reason that Disney is expecting a weekend in October to require these new LONGER hours.

Does anyone have a theory as to why the parks will be open later now? Is there some convention or something I am not aware of that will be making the parks crowded?

Any comments will be appreciated.

AgentC
09-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Epcot is open until 10 because of the Food & Wine Festival. It is extremely popular with the locals and they started extending the hours until 10 on the weekends during Food & Wine a couple of years ago.

Magic Kingdom is extended because of the Halloween Party. Magic Kingdom closes early 15 out of 31 nights for the party in October. They make up for it by extending the hours on the weekends. It usually only affects Saturdays because Sunday is normally a party night but Oct 13th is the only Sunday which is not a party night so it gets extended too.

And Monday 10/14 is Columbus Day which some schools and business have off. Our school district and some of the other Tampa area districts are off 10/11.

Capt_redshirt
09-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Also keep in mind that that is a 3 day weekend, columbus day is a bit busier than normal

Main Street Jim
09-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Also keep in mind that that is a 3 day weekend...Don't I wish...LOL

mrte62
09-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Not too surprised. We noticed last October that because of the Food & Wine Festival, all the parks felt busier than in the past. With Columbus Day weekend it is a three day weekend. Several years ago our kids had the Friday before off as well for a teacher in service so we had a nice 4 day visit to WDW. :mickey:

PopPhan
09-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Don't I wish...LOL

:ditto:

We have no holidays between Labor Day and Thanksgiving. From Thanksgiving until New Years, however, we have 6 (of our annual 10) scheduled "holidays" - two days each for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years!!! Go figure!!!!

k10
09-19-2013, 09:55 AM
It's fun when they stay open that late!!!

Last January (around MLK wknd) we were there for our honeymoon. One night at MK we found out the park would be open until 11. Unadvertised. The next thing we know, it's 2am and we're on the Big Thunder Mountain!

I love when Disney does late hours! For anyone going during that time in October, enjoy!

Ms. Mode
09-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Wish I could make it to close, but well...the latest I've ever made it is 10pm! I blame my DD, she likes to be at rope drop. :blush:

Aurora
09-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Tried to stay up for the late-late EMH at Magic Kingdom with my DD a couple of years ago. It was open 'til 3 a.m. I made it until 2. I could barely walk. Luckily we were staying at BLT, and that was when the monorails RAN during EMH!! :thumbsup:

4disneynuts
09-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Can I ask where you looked to find the changes to the park hours. I have looked a couple places and don't see the changes. We are going to be there Oct. 21 and am hoping there will be some extended hours maybe. Thank you!:mickey:

CaptSmee
09-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Also keep in mind that that is a 3 day weekend, columbus day is a bit busier than normal

More than likely thats the reeason, they extend hours when they are expecting more guests.

Mickey91
09-22-2013, 11:00 AM
We went Columbus Day weekend one year. It was super crazy busy! If they are extending hours, they are expecting a lot of people.

Capt_redshirt
09-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Can I ask where you looked to find the changes to the park hours. I have looked a couple places and don't see the changes. We are going to be there Oct. 21 and am hoping there will be some extended hours maybe. Thank you!:mickey:

The best way to double check it to go to My disney experience or look at park hours on the disney site. Im going down that same week. Mk will be open till 12 (2 if you have EMH) on the 21st i think its because they have MNSSHP 4 days that week

twinboyz
09-26-2013, 11:04 AM
:bump:

Ugh!! We will be there that weekend and I didn't realize it would be busier!! Question for the 'experts' out there.. We are going to EPCOT on Thursday to avoid the weekend rush and planned on just hanging out the rest of the weekend. IS everywhere (DTD, resorts, etc.) overcrowded or mainly the parks.. Thanks for any feeback you may have!! Leaving in 13 Sleeps!!:cloud9:

4disneynuts
09-26-2013, 12:08 PM
The best way to double check it to go to My disney experience or look at park hours on the disney site. Im going down that same week. Mk will be open till 12 (2 if you have EMH) on the 21st i think its because they have MNSSHP 4 days that week

Thank you for your reply. I just signed us up for our Magic Bands and will check the hours on there. Are you going to the Halloween Party. We will be there on the 22nd. So excited! Have a safe trip.:bat::ghost: