PDA

View Full Version : Under The Dome

PETE FROM NYC
09-17-2013, 05:33 PM
I watched last nights series finale, and I just did not get it.
Did the dome dissolve? They were very unclear.
Does Big Jim get what he deserves?
Is anyone else as lost as I seem to be?

1DisneyNut
09-17-2013, 06:03 PM
I have watched the entire series thus far including last night. Knowing that it was the season finale going into last night, I knew they would leave all kinds of dangling story lines so I haven't even attempted to make sense of it. It basically ended just as I expected it would last night.

I don't think the dome went away. They have to drag the dome concept out for another season or two because without it, the story sort of falls apart and would end the series. They should be able to dance around with various story lines to come up with another season for next year pretty easy but after that I just don't see how long they can keep it going without becoming sort of silly.

I do think Big Jim is going to be exposed within two or three episodes next season and get what is coming to him.

This show sort of reminds me of the show "Jericho" from 5 or 6 years ago that was a similar sci-fi sort of concept but it was based on a Nuclear Attack within the U.S. I actually thought Jericho was better than Under the Dome but for whatever reason it didn't grab the viewership numbers like Under the Dome. I think a lot of it was CBS mishandling it, not promoting it well and not giving it a good time slot. I would have liked a few more seasons.

vicster
09-18-2013, 09:37 AM
I was confused by the ending. When will the show be coming back? I hope they're not waiting until next summer...

I may have to read the book before then

PopPhan
09-18-2013, 03:53 PM
I was confused by the ending. When will the show be coming back? I hope they're not waiting until next summer...

I may have to read the book before then

If you read the book, don't expect it to be much like the series except for the basic premise and character names. :D It has taken quite a turn from what the book laid out, but that is not (necessarily) a bad thing.

The dome did not dissolve, only the black on the dome was removed -- they "earned the light" (although I have no idea how or why)....

It is an interesting show, although convoluted at times.

DizneyFreak2002
09-18-2013, 04:47 PM
The dome did not dissolve, only the black on the dome was removed -- they "earned the light" (although I have no idea how or why)....

That got me too... They were told by the "alien" that they had to protect the egg... They had to earn the light... Well, tossing the egg into the lake is protecting it? That seemed so off... Maybe I need to watch it again... Might have missed something...

Tink1
09-19-2013, 10:33 AM
My thought was:

They earned the light since she chose to protect the egg instead of handing it over to save Barby. And tossing it in the lake would make it harder for big Jim to locate it.

But I can be way off!!!

Nanci

DizneyFreak2002
09-19-2013, 11:36 AM
My thought was:

They earned the light since she chose to protect the egg instead of handing it over to save Barby. And tossing it in the lake would make it harder for big Jim to locate it.

But I can be way off!!!

Nanci

That's what I got from it too, but if that is the case then WOW lol...

Tink1
09-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Maybe it was not so much the action itself, but the intent?

N

SurferStitch
09-20-2013, 11:41 AM
My thought was:

But I can be way off!!!

Nanci

That's exactly how I understood it, too.