PDA

View Full Version : DVC coming to the Polynesian

WDWFanatic
09-17-2013, 02:48 PM
I guess it was just a matter of time, what are your thoughts?

Press Release:

Celebration, Fla. (Sept. 17, 2013) – Today, Disney Vacation Club announced that its planned next location will be at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, located on Seven Seas Lagoon at Walt Disney World Resort. When this resort is completed, Disney Vacation Club will have destinations at all three resorts on the monorail system, allowing easy access to Magic Kingdom Park.

The planned development project at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, when completed, will join Disney Vacation Club’s 12 other properties, including The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, scheduled to open Oct. 23. Construction on the Polynesian project began this month, and completion is estimated to be in 2015. In addition to the Disney Vacation Club project, other guest areas within Disney’s Polynesian Resort will undergo refurbishment. More information and project details will be shared at a later date.

Disney Vacation Club debuted in October 1991 with a flexible, vacation point-based model rather than the traditional fixed-week timeshare model. Disney Vacation Club is approaching a total of 200,000 member families from all 50 states and approximately 100 countries who have discovered the joys of membership.

Disney Vacation Club members are able to choose from among a variety of vacation destinations, including a stay at any Disney Vacation Club Resort or at more than 500 other destinations around the world, and when they purchase directly from Disney, members also can take trips on one of the Disney Cruise Line ships or guided vacations with Adventures by Disney. Additionally, vacations at a Disney Vacation Club Resort can last from one night to several weeks.

jenperich
09-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Ooh that sounds great!! I look forward to staying there. It will be interesting to see where they put them. Thanks for the info!

MyDisneyworld
09-17-2013, 03:19 PM
My dream resort, can't wait.

pox24
09-17-2013, 03:37 PM
If what I've heard is true, the new studios will be patterned off the ones at the GF having more squqre footage and be adjoining too. I have a friend who is a mechanical plan reviewer for the county. He gave me the heads up early on for the floor plans at the new GF. I hope to get a litle early insight on the Poly too.

DVC Mike
09-17-2013, 05:56 PM
DVC is coming in 2015 ... but no details yet of what they will build.

I hope it's more than just bungalows and some refurbished hotel rooms.

tikiman
09-18-2013, 10:09 AM
The plan is to gut Tahiti and Rapa Nui and build studios that connect and the 20 bungalows. The project was scaled down earlier this year from adding the two new buildings. These rooms will be the largest studios DVC has to offer.

That is why Tahiti and Rapa Nui did not get the new room design along with the other longhouses.

Lindsey310
09-19-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm really excited. The rack rates for those room are just ridiculous...we stayed at the four seasons in Maui for less per night! Even with a discounted rate, it's still high. To have the option to stay on points would be huge....if we can ever get in there! :thumbsup:

30 days until I'm in my happy place :joy:

SBETigg
09-19-2013, 10:39 AM
I think it's exciting and sad all at once. I hate to lose what I love about the Poly now, and the bungalows on the lagoon could be really cool or change the dynamic and mess up the lagoon that I love. Overall, the resort needs some TLC and I think it's a good thing. But change is hard.

DizneyFreak2002
09-19-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm really excited. The rack rates for those room are just ridiculous...we stayed at the four seasons in Maui for less per night! Even with a discounted rate, it's still high. To have the option to stay on points would be huge....if we can ever get in there! :thumbsup:

30 days until I'm in my happy place :joy:

If you think the rack rates are ridiculous, wait til you see the points needed for a week stay LOL...

Lindsey310
09-20-2013, 01:32 PM
If you think the rack rates are ridiculous, wait til you see the points needed for a week stay LOL...

True!!! Lol :mickey: and we will probably never be able to get in there! Until the hype dies down at least!

Christine
09-22-2013, 10:00 PM
I so happy to hear this! And I don't know that it can be said the points will be too terribly high- the GF is quite reasonable IMHO and poly is comparable to that? Location location location! :mickey:
I look forward to the day that I can waddle or roll back to my room from 'ohana! :blush: