PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Hollow

Madame Leona
09-16-2013, 10:44 PM
I wasn't planning on watching this but there wasn't anything else on that interested me. I LOVE it!!!! So it will probably be cancelled BUT did anyone else watch? What did you think?

buzznwoodysmom
09-16-2013, 11:12 PM
I just caught the last 15-20 minutes of it. It intrigued me enough to watch next week.

VWL Mom
09-17-2013, 06:10 AM
I taped it and am planning on watching it over the weekend. DS21 watched it up at school and thought it was great.

Melanie
09-17-2013, 06:27 AM
We taped it as well. From what I've seen, I'll be watching in daylight hours. lol

AgentC
09-17-2013, 07:12 AM
I dvr'd it and meant to watch it after my son fell asleep but I fell asleep too! :blush:

I plan on checking it out today.

Strmchsr
09-17-2013, 07:41 AM
It was definitely interesting. Other than location and using the names Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman it was no relation whatsoever to the original tale, but I the take they have on the story is a unique angle. I remain uncertain how it will flesh out. It looks like it might be Buffy the Vampire Slayer part 2, but I'm going to continue to watch for a while and see if it fulfills the promise shown in the pilot.

And Mel if you're easily creeped out - definitely watch during daylight. It didn't bother me at all, but my wife had a little trouble going to sleep. :D

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-17-2013, 08:42 AM
My husband LOVED it ... I thought it was OK.

It seems like there is so much they are trying to draw together, if they aren't careful the whole thing could become a mess.

But, I'll watch again next week.

Carol
09-17-2013, 08:57 AM
I watched since Sleepy Hollow is basically in my backyard - as I live in the Hudson Valley they talked so much about. :search:

I really liked it. Loved the main characters. Both very likable.

I also fear it will be canceled. That tends to be why I stay clear of new shows. It's happened to me so many times.

sorcerer fan
09-17-2013, 08:59 AM
cool show, held my interest for the whole hour. hope it doesn't get canceled , could be the next hit

SBETigg
09-17-2013, 10:38 AM
I really liked it. I love that they are bringing in a wider array of paranormal elements and not just chasing that one horseman every week. I like the direction they are taking the story so far. Though a lot of it seemed coincidental and a bit much, I was willing to suspend disbelief and carry on. I like the lead characters. I will have to watch something after Sleepy Hollow to get the scary stuff out of my head before bed, but all in all I'm liking it so far.

NJGIRL
09-17-2013, 11:34 AM
I forgot to watch, but will look it up On Demand this weekend. I love shows like that. I'm a big Grimm and Supernatural fan.

Belle of the Ball 051411
09-17-2013, 01:21 PM
I DVR'd it. DH and I will probably watch it tonight or tomorrow. I'm anxious to check it out!

DizneyFreak2002
09-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Watched it.. Good show.. Something to fill my Monday nights now, when there is not a football game I care to watch LOL... :)

thads
09-17-2013, 03:17 PM
I caught it on a pre-screen while on a flight last week. I loved it, came home and told my wife, and we watched it again last night. Reminds me of a cross between Grim and CSI. Well, at least the first episode did.

Dulcee
09-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Taped it. Can't wait to get to it. Though I'm easily spooked so it will need to be watched on nights DH isn't going into work!

BriarRose0708
09-18-2013, 09:57 AM
I really liked it. I love that they are bringing in a wider array of paranormal elements and not just chasing that one horseman every week. I like the direction they are taking the story so far. Though a lot of it seemed coincidental and a bit much, I was willing to suspend disbelief and carry on. I like the lead characters. I will have to watch something after Sleepy Hollow to get the scary stuff out of my head before bed, but all in all I'm liking it so far.

DBF and I had the same reaction, Sherri. I think I liked it more than he did, but out of the 3 new shows we DVR'd (Sleepy Hollow, Dads, and Brooklyn Nine Nine) this was the best out of them but sadly the most likely to be cancelled. I hope it gets a chance to grow though because there's a lot of potential here. I wouldn't watch the others for week 2 but I'll tune in next Monday to see what happens next.

AgentC
09-18-2013, 11:26 AM
I watched it last night and liked it a lot. It did really well in the ratings Monday night. Hopefully a lot of people will come back next week.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-18-2013, 02:47 PM
I watched it last night and liked it a lot. It did really well in the ratings Monday night. Hopefully a lot of people will come back next week.

I don't know if I'd read too much into the Monday night ratings. I think for most of the networks, Monday was reruns, at least for scripted drama.

That said, I read that it was Fox's biggest fall premiere in six years and it did better than its lead in Bones (which actually pimped the show in a brief scene).

With SH being a Fox show, I think the likelihood of cancellation is a bit less, as Fox isn't exactly a powerhouse in the scripted tv area.

I dvr'd it at the last minute and hopefully will get a chance to watch it over the weekend.

AgentC
09-24-2013, 05:56 PM
So who watched episode 2 last night? It was creepy!

VWL Mom
09-24-2013, 06:25 PM
DVR'd it to watch tomorrow. I thought epsiode 1 was creepy so I've decided I need to watch it in daylight. :blush: There are parts of the script that remind me of "Persons of Interest" Not sure why.

SBETigg
09-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Creepy, and I am home alone. Well, my dad still lives with us, but he keeps to his apartment most of the time. Husband is away on business, but I braved it out and watched anyway. Then followed it up with Blacklist, creepy in a different way but equally compelling.

BriarRose0708
09-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Last night's episode was So. Creepy. I also watched alone (my guard cat was sleeping at the end of the couch. A lot good she did!) But I liked it! Thankfully next week I get to watch with DBF and get creeped out together, lol.

PirateLover
10-10-2013, 03:51 PM
We are enjoying this so far. It reminds me a bit of Grim, which is another favorite show of ours. I'm glad it's doing well. :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
10-10-2013, 04:28 PM
We are enjoying this so far. It reminds me a bit of Grim, which is another favorite show of ours. I'm glad it's doing well. :thumbsup:

It was renewed for season 2 already! I missed this week's episode but it's in my queue to watch over the weekend. The boyfriend doesn't like it much anymore so I am on my own from now on. At least I have all of you to discuss it with!

VWL Mom
10-10-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm really starting to like it and am almost able to keep both eyes open throughout. :D There are so few shows I really like on TV anymore so I was happy to hear it is picked up for a second season.

AgentC
10-10-2013, 06:12 PM
I haven't had time to watch Monday's episode yet but I really like it. I'm glad to hear it was picked up for a second season.

NJGIRL
10-10-2013, 06:54 PM
I really thought I was going to like this, but for some reason I just can't get into it. Watch the first night two different time and fell asleep both times. Tried watching the second and couldn't stay interested. :confused:

VWL Mom
10-10-2013, 07:45 PM
I had a problem with the first episode too Rita. It hopped around through time too much. My boys convinced me to keep watching. Now that I know more of the characters background I'm enjoying it.

NJGIRL
10-11-2013, 08:22 AM
I had a problem with the first episode too Rita. It hopped around through time too much. My boys convinced me to keep watching. Now that I know more of the characters background I'm enjoying it.

Thanks Lynn, maybe I will give it another try!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-11-2013, 12:48 PM
It will interesting to see where they go with this show. If its simply introduce one supernatural character/demon to battle each week, not sure that it will hold my interest.

This will be like Lost for me, if the script writing and mystery are enough to keep me hooked, I'll stick with it. Right now I'm on the fence, leaning towards continuing to dvr it and watch it. I liked the episode, for the most part, with the Hessians and the Boston tea party.

I think what Fox did was smart. This is the type of show that viewers have to invest in, especially with the ongoing story arc. I think the reason they renewed so quickly was so that the initial wave of viewers that they did get, could be assured that this show wasn't going to disappear in 3 weeks and they could continue watching knowing there would be resolution.

AgentC
11-19-2013, 08:34 PM
So anyone else still watching Sleepy Hollow?

DizneyFreak2002
11-19-2013, 10:10 PM
So anyone else still watching Sleepy Hollow?
Of course... Best new show of the season... Well, after Blacklist that is... So second best new show of the new season...

*** Sorry ABC but you blew it with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

marlyn
11-19-2013, 11:20 PM
I love this show! Watch it every week!!

AgentC
11-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Of course... Best new show of the season... Well, after Blacklist that is... So second best new show of the new season...

*** Sorry ABC but you blew it with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I give Sleepy Hollow a little edge over The Blacklist but I could be biased because (1) I am a huge history buff and (2) a certain cute hero with an English accent.:D

The Blacklist is definitely on my must watch list. James Spader is great in it.

I still haven't had a chance to watch Monday's Sleepy Hollow. I'll have to catch up tomorrow.

Strmchsr
11-20-2013, 07:59 AM
I still haven't had a chance to watch Monday's Sleepy Hollow. I'll have to catch up tomorrow.

One of the best shows of the season. I didn't have much hope for an episode built around interrogating a headless guy, but it was a great show. The build up was good and the payoff I never saw coming.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-20-2013, 01:14 PM
I didn't have much hope for an episode built around interrogating a headless guy, but it was a great show. The build up was good and the payoff I never saw coming.

:haha:

Mr Headless Horseman, ve hav vays of making you talk.

Ok, maybe we don't.

Haven't seen the latest episode yet, sounds goods.

AgentC
11-26-2013, 03:16 PM
And another strong episode. Monday has become my favorite tv night.

Last night's episode was creepy.

PopPhan
11-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Great show. Combines the Washington Irving story with some biblical references, with just the right touch of HP Lovecraft.

BTW - What does everyone think of the police Captain -- Irving????

This weeks episode, bringing even closer ties between Icabod and Abbie was very well played. It looks like Icabod's progeny may come into play here as well.

AgentC
11-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Great show. Combines the Washington Irving story with some biblical references, with just the right touch of HP Lovecraft.

BTW - What does everyone think of the police Captain -- Irving????

This weeks episode, bringing even closer ties between Icabod and Abbie was very well played. It looks like Icabod's progeny may come into play here as well.

It's funny that you mentioned Irving. I'm not sure how but I did not notice his name was Irving until this episode. How did I miss that?? :D

I love the relationship between Abbie & Icabod and the ties are very believable for me.

I'm sad that they are only doing a 13 episode season and then we have to wait for the new one, but at last it was renewed so there will be something to look forward too.

DizneyFreak2002
01-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Show came back after a few weeks off this past Monday and next week is the 2 hour season finale already...

Good thing is, the show will be back next season!!!

AgentC
01-15-2014, 09:23 PM
I really enjoyed last night's episode. I can't wait to see what happens in the season finale. One of my favorite things about Sleepy Hollow is I am never sure what is going to happen.

SBETigg
01-16-2014, 11:03 AM
I really enjoyed last night's episode. I can't wait to see what happens in the season finale. One of my favorite things about Sleepy Hollow is I am never sure what is going to happen.

I've missed a few of these now. I can't wait for February when I will have time to catch up with some favorite shows. January is just too busy.

AgentC
01-27-2014, 01:20 PM
So what did everyone think of the finale? I can't wait to see how they handle the new season.

Melanie
01-27-2014, 01:30 PM
I don't watch, but I think I really need to. My hubby finished the finale last week and couldn't stop walking around the house for hours afterward saying "Wow. WOW!" lol

AgentC
01-27-2014, 01:55 PM
You should, Mel. It can be creepy and silly sometimes but it is really fun and the season finale had an incredible twist.