PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPass Qulaity

Figment104
09-16-2013, 03:00 PM
We went to WDW in May, and just recently I was going back through our pictures and it really struck me that the photopass ones just didn't seem to be of as good of quality as they've been in the past. Sometimes it was the way they framed our family (5 adults, 1 toddler), other times it was the actual quality. We've done the CD pre-purchase most trips since 2008, and I've always been really happy with how the pictures have turned out in the past. Sure, we always get the occasional couple that don't turn out, or aren't the greatest, but this time around I found that to be more the norm. Not enough that we didn't go ahead with the CD, but I was just sort of surprised.

Has anyone else noticed this? I know off days happen, and I believe I remember reading that a lot of the photographers are people who like to do it as a hobby, so not professionals, but I have to admit to being kinda of disappointed with the quality this year. It was my son's first trip, and some of those really special shots, just didn't turn out, or they didn't even end up on our card at all (Disney did try and track it down for me, but wasn't able to find it). We'll be going back next year in the fall and I plan to do the pre-purchase again. Hopefully we'll have better luck with the quality next time.

TheVBs
09-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Same experience here. We've gotten the CD on lots of trips and have always been pleased with the pictures. On our last trip we had a couple of sessions that were very poor quality. Overall, the majority were great. Still a little disappointing though, because they're still memories you'd hoped to capture. One session where the pictures all came out slightly blurry was when our girls were meeting Periwinkle. But, we always take shots with our camera as well and all our shots with that character turned out poor as well. But, I'd still definitely get the CD in the future. They've been overwhelmingly good pictures! :mickey:

Pop Centurion
09-16-2013, 06:11 PM
I almost always get better results from my own DSLR even though the FP photogs have a newer model than mine. Their photos always seem much softer. With my own photos I can process them to my liking and sharpness. BTW, I shot raw files so I have more freedom when tweaking. The only time I purchase a FP photo is if it's a truly unique shot.

GMRO
09-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Agreed!

Over the past few years its been more of a challenge to get that one or 2 pics from the photo-monkeys at the parks that is worth the purchase.

Our trip this past May2013...we could not even pick one to add the banner to for our yearly keep sake. I get that with the amount of people at the parks in a day that there will always be folks in your background of the pics. BUT the composition and over all quality has suffered a lot to make us just NOT want any of them.

YES we do pack our own camera for our own pic opportunities. The special ones the PM's take so we can add borders are just not as good these days. In the past we had a hard time deciding but it was because SO many were good that we ended up with a lot of them!

You'd think CM's with a hobbyish like for photography would be good at taking guests pics. Not so much these days!