PDA

View Full Version : wine and epcot

readytogo2
09-15-2013, 05:11 PM
do they still have a wine around the world where you can get try wine samples at different countries if yes isit worth trying?

SBETigg
09-15-2013, 07:59 PM
They have wine tastings in Germany, Italy, and France, and a Sake tasting in Japan. I'm not sure if they still have the linked experience in which you could pay one price for tastings in Germany, Italy, and France, but you can definitely do tastings in each country. Pricing and offerings vary.

VWL Mom
09-16-2013, 06:24 AM
If I'm not mistaken the tasting passport from different countries is one of the Food and Wine festival options. I have not seen it offered outside of that.

SBETigg
09-16-2013, 11:08 AM
If I'm not mistaken the tasting passport from different countries is one of the Food and Wine festival options. I have not seen it offered outside of that.

They had (I think still have but can't be sure) a wine tasting that was a set amount ($20? I think) and it got you two samples in each country- Italy, Germany, and France- and I believe that is what the OP is referring to, not connected with the F & W and offered year round in the past. I know they still do wine tastings in each country (not just for Food and Wine Fest), but not sure if they still offer the connected tasting experience.

VWL Mom
09-16-2013, 12:07 PM
I did some more digging around based on Sherri's response (thanks :blush:) and here's what I found. It is called the Wine Walk and was still operational a few months back. If you go to the wine shops in either Germany, France, or Italy and ask for a wine walk passport, they'll give you a card. You pay $20 and get to try two wines in each country. You pay up front and they stamp your card at each country as you go.

SBETigg
09-16-2013, 01:50 PM
I did some more digging around based on Sherri's response (thanks :blush:) and here's what I found. It is called the Wine Walk and was still operational a few months back. If you go to the wine shops in either Germany, France, or Italy and ask for a wine walk passport, they'll give you a card. You pay $20 and get to try two wines in each country. You pay up front and they stamp your card at each country as you go.

Thanks for digging, Lynn. Wine Walk, yes, that's what I was talking about but couldn't come up with the name. And yes, it's worth trying. It's a fun way to explore the wines of WS. But I do prefer doing the tastings available at each country separately, when I have more than one day in WS. I think the tasting portion is about one-two ounces per glass, depending on your server, probably usually closer to one ounce.

Pop Centurion
09-16-2013, 05:02 PM
I agree with Sherri. Do separate wine tastings. Last I remember, with the wine walk you were limited to the two wines they offered in each of the 3 countries. Plus they weren't their best wines. With doing your own tastings you have the freedom of trying any wine you want with a larger pour. Albeit with a bigger price tag but it's worth it IMO.

Pop Centurion
09-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Also if you google "epcot wine walk" there's a youtube video in the results of two guys who do a review. It's title "drinking in the basement #7". It's 2 years old but you can get a better idea of what to expect.