PDA

View Full Version : What Famous Person is from your Hometown

NJGIRL
09-12-2013, 11:39 AM
What famous person is from or lived in your hometown. Keep it to your own town (not a neighboring town), because if not we will have a very long list of people from all over your state.

Mine would be Thomas Welch. He moved to Vineland and invited grape juice (non-alcoholic). He is also buried here too. What is your story.

Mike Trout was also born in Vineland.

SBETigg
09-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Me! Just kidding. Simsbury, CT: Sigourney Weaver, Novelist Jennifer Weiner, Martin Luther King, Jr worked on a tobacco farm here in town in his youth. We've been temporary home to many figure skaters in training (Oksana Baiul, Sasha Cohen, Michelle Kwan). And my favorite, our main man, Ernie Sabella (actor, voice of Pumbaa) lives here currently. I haven't run into him yet, but I am ever hopeful. Hakuna Matata!

barnaby
09-12-2013, 12:31 PM
From my birthplace of Marcus Hook,PA:

Billy "White Shoes" Johnson - NFL WR best known as a kick/punt returner for the Houston Oilers, and later the Atlanta Falcons. One of the early innovators of the touchdown dance :D. Made the NFL 75th Anniversary team as a punt returner and is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame.

Mickey Vernon - MLB first basemen who played the majority of his career with the Washington Senators starting in 1939. He was a 7-time All Star who amassed 2,495 career hits.

Curt Weldon - politician who served as a member of the US House of Representatives from 1987 to 2007.

Mike Trout, who was robbed of the AL MVP last season, is from Millville, NJ where I now reside.

sgdisney
09-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Jennifer Garner is from Charleston, WV. Her and Ben are spotted around town when they are here visiting her parents.

SBETigg
09-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Hey wait, that makes two of you claiming Mike Trout. He gets around. :)

Ms. Mode
09-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Kathy Matea ( I think that's how you spell her name) Country singer. Used to come over to our house and play her guitar when she was Elementary school.

Puppy Mom
09-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Burt Baskin - founded Baskin-Robbins with Irv Robbins.

Doug Dieken - offensive lineman with the Cleveland Browns for 14 years.

Clyde Tombaugh - discovered dwarf planet Pluto.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!! - Ed Plumb - musical director for Disney's Fantasia and the score for Bambi.

Melanie
09-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Winston-Salem, NC is my hometown! :thumbsup:

The most famous person from my high school (which would in turn make him from my town) is NBA player Chris Paul.

Other sports notables - Josh Howard (NBA), MLB players Don Cardwell, Mark Grace and Dustin Ackley, NASCAR owner Richard Childress (and he has a FANTASTIC winery there as well), and sportscasters Howard Cosell and Stuart Scott.

Entertainers - Ben Folds, Jackée Harry, Maya Angelou, George Hamilton IV, and most impressively to me - Jennifer Ehle! Funny, she's British, right? Well, she was born in the exact same hospital as I was, a little over two weeks after me. Her father is longstanding professor at the NC School of the Arts.

bruin1344
09-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Canton MA - Bill Burr (comedian), Paul Guilfoyle (actor), Boston Rob (Survivor Show), and Bobby Witt (major league baseball player)

There are miscellaneous New England Patriots players over the years since my town is located near Gillette Stadium.

SBETigg
09-12-2013, 01:10 PM
most impressively to me - Jennifer Ehle! Funny, she's British, right? Well, she was born in the exact same hospital as I was, a little over two weeks after me. Her father is longstanding professor at the NC School of the Arts.

Most impressive to me, too! I had no idea she was born in the US, let alone so close to you. To think, you could have been starring in P & P with Colin Firth, had things gone a little differently. :D

Melanie
09-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Most impressive to me, too! I had no idea she was born in the US, let alone so close to you. To think, you could have been starring in P & P with Colin Firth, had things gone a little differently. :D

:funny:

Yes, but my mother is not Rosemary Harris. ;)

snuggs30
09-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Paul Lauterbor who was a nobel prize winner for physiology medicine and helped invent the MRI machine. :thumbsup: We also had Rob Lowe and his brother Chad visit many many times with thier grandparents who owned a poplar resturant called "The SPOT". They still come and visit. Also Ellen Crawford who played a nurse on "ER" Lydia was her name. Her Aunt still lives here and she lived here at one time also. :D Yay Sidney Ohio

snuggs30
09-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Also my nephew's wife's Grandma is the sister to Doris Day.

missymouseworld
09-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Jon Bon Jovi and Greg Evigan

NewDVCowner
09-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Tom Hanks was born in Concord, CA, but moved to Oakland as a kid. That's the only one that I know off the top of my head. :secret:

BrowncatP
09-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Goldie Hawn went to a nearby high school, and her yearbook is near the women's bathroom in Planet Hollywood in DTD.

Pop Centurion
09-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Camden, NJ - Walt Whitman, Lola Falana, & Todd Mcnair. I'm sure there are others I just don't know of.

Rita, it's actually funny you posted this because I was just reading about Thomas Welch recently in an article about Vineland. Some really interesting history there & surrounding areas. I'm actually living one town over right now in Pittsgrove.

IloveJack
09-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Pat Summit grew up just down the road from us, though before I was born. I went to school with John Rich (Big & Rich), however being 6 years younger, I doubt we ever spoke. I do fondly remember him singing "When the Rolls Are Served up Yonder" and "I Drank a Sprite" (to the tune of "I Saw the Light") in chapel, though.

Maggie T
09-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Ray 'boom boom, Mancini boxer, Ed O'Neill actor Shot Gun George Shuba baseball player, Paul Warfield football, Maurice Clarret football and jail those are some of them

MNNHFLTX
09-12-2013, 07:13 PM
My hometown of Elk Snout--er, Elk River, Minnesota, has produced four or five NHL players, the only one of which I can remember the name is Joel Otto (we went to high school together). Also went to high school with Dave Mordal, a comedien who was on Last Comic Standing twice.

I think that's it. ;)

MNNHFLTX
09-12-2013, 07:17 PM
most impressively to me - Jennifer Ehle! Funny, she's British, right? Well, she was born in the exact same hospital as I was, a little over two weeks after me. Her father is longstanding professor at the NC School of the Arts.Oh that is cool, Mel! You are two degrees of Colin Firth! :D

Hammer
09-12-2013, 08:11 PM
St. Petersburg, Florida native :sun: :vacation: (we need a palm tree smiley)!

Many MLB players are from St. Pete, most notable being Dwight Gooden. Dan Wheldon, the Indy driver who was killed, Nicole Haislett, Olympic Gold medal swimmer, Megan Fox and Billy Corrigan (Smashing Pumpkins) are all also from there.

tundramom
09-12-2013, 08:15 PM
My hometown of Elk Snout--er, Elk River, Minnesota, has produced four or five NHL players, the only one of which I can remember the name is Joel Otto (we went to high school together). Also went to high school with Dave Mordal, a comedien who was on Last Comic Standing twice.

I think that's it. ;)

Big Joel Otto from tiny Bmidji State was one of my faves!!!

Canton, Ohio claims President Wm McKinley, Dan Dierdorf, Thurmon Munson (born in Akron, raised in Canton and made his home here), Alan Page, Phil Hubbard, Eric Snow, Chris Speilman (even tho he defected to play at hated Massillon), Mike Doss, Charles MacCauley Pulitzer prize winning cartoonist, John A Scali- famous for negotiating solution to Cuban Missile crisis during Kennedy presidency, Jack Parr, Brannon Braga (Star Trek 1st Gen writer/producer, co wrote new movies) not to mention we have the Pro Football HOF!
We do not claim Marilyn Manson or Macy Gray even though they are natives

NJGIRL
09-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Hey wait, that makes two of you claiming Mike Trout. He gets around. :)

Haha....I stole it from Bern.....Millville is right next door to Vineland....Millville doesn't have a hospital...He probably was born in the Vineland hospital, but he did live/grow up in Millville.

NJGIRL
09-12-2013, 09:00 PM

I think that's it. ;)

Lucky you Beth....he was good looking...he played for the Flyers for a few years and I met him at one of their events. He was really nice.

NJGIRL
09-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Camden, NJ - Walt Whitman, Lola Falana, & Todd Mcnair. I'm sure there are others I just don't know of.

Rita, it's actually funny you posted this because I was just reading about Thomas Welch recently in an article about Vineland. Some really interesting history there & surrounding areas. I'm actually living one town over right now in Pittsgrove.

So many good ones!

Joe, if you get a chance read the story of Charles Landis, the person that founded Vineland. Very strange.

kakn7294
09-12-2013, 09:20 PM
There have been a couple of congressmen that probably nobody would know. There have also been a few professional athletes but again, most people wouldn't know them. Supposedly Andre Previn and Mia Farrow lived in the area in the '70's when he conducted for the Pittsburgh Orchestra. I have no idea if that's really true. The most recent and probably famous resident was Amber Brkich, a winner on Survivor in the early seasons.

VWL Mom
09-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Nutley NJ was home to Annie Oakley and her husband when they were traveling with the Wild West Show and Martha Kostyra aka Martha Stewart.

Renfairwedding
09-12-2013, 10:40 PM
My Home Town is Scarsdale NY Here is a few I can think of.

Some connection (most a stretch)
Linda McCartney, of Beatles fame and Robert Pine, Sargent on tv show ships CHiP’s both graduated with my mom from SHS
Robert Hanssen, Soviet spy. Lived two blocks from my house. Nice guy for a spy
Herman Tarnower, author of The Complete Scarsdale Medical Diet. He was a doc in my medical group Lynne Tryforos the” other woman” Lived a block away.
David Stern, current Commissioner of the National Basketball Association. Was a customer of mine
Jeffrey A. Hoffman, astronaut Spoke at our graduation.
Beyoncé and Jay-Z. Installed the water main to their house. We also share that we both have Scarsdale Marriage Licences. :thumbsup:
Liza Minnelli We had the same drama teacher.

Some others
Susan Lucci, star of soap TV series All My Children
Judy Garland, lived at 1 Cornell Street
Yoko Ono, singer. Her family moved to Scarsdale in the early 1950s;
Rob Reiner,
Al Jolson, 30's film star owned a house on Fenimore Rd.
Allie Sherman (Head Coach of the New York Giants,
Frank Gifford

Mobsters
Bugsy Siegel,
Joseph DiNapoli,

Historical
Daniel D. Tompkins, sixth Vice President of the United States,
James Fenimore Cooper His classic book The Spy is set in a Scarsdale historical home.

AND ME! :cool: Well maybe not so famous :D

Arielfan98
09-12-2013, 10:52 PM
My Home Town is Scarsdale NY Here is a few I can think of.

Some connection (most a stretch)
Linda McCartney, of Beatles fame and Robert Pine, Sargent on tv show ships CHiP’s both graduated with my mom from SHS
Robert Hanssen, Soviet spy. Lived two blocks from my house. Nice guy for a spy
Herman Tarnower, author of The Complete Scarsdale Medical Diet. He was a doc in my medical group Lynne Tryforos the” other woman” Lived a block away.
David Stern, current Commissioner of the National Basketball Association. Was a customer of mine
Jeffrey A. Hoffman, astronaut Spoke at our graduation.
Beyoncé and Jay-Z. Installed the water main to their house. We also share that we both have Scarsdale Marriage Licences. :thumbsup:
Liza Minnelli We had the same drama teacher.

Some others
Susan Lucci, star of soap TV series All My Children
Judy Garland, lived at 1 Cornell Street
Yoko Ono, singer. Her family moved to Scarsdale in the early 1950s;
Rob Reiner,
Al Jolson, 30's film star owned a house on Fenimore Rd.
Allie Sherman (Head Coach of the New York Giants,
Frank Gifford

Mobsters
Bugsy Siegel,
Joseph DiNapoli,

Historical
Daniel D. Tompkins, sixth Vice President of the United States,
James Fenimore Cooper His classic book The Spy is set in a Scarsdale historical home.

AND ME! :cool: Well maybe not so famous :D

Westchester County is home to many famous celebrities. I know the OP said no neighboring towns but I thought it'd be ok to list one: I live a 5 minute drive to Dobs Ferry, NY and that is where Mark Zuckerberg grew up....yep Facebook history for ya folks :here:

Maleficent_vf
09-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Jamestown, NY - home to Lucille Ball, Roger Goodell, Natalie Merchant (and all of the original 10,000 Maniacs), Roger Tory Peterson, Brad Anderson (Marmaduke), Robert H. Jackson (Supreme Court Judge and chief US prosecutor at the Nuremberg Trails following WWII), Nick Sirianni, and B.F. Goodrich.

Also nearby is Westfield, NY - one-time home to the corporate headquarters of Welch's Grape Juice! (still lots and lots of grapes produced up there)

disneymom15
09-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Greta Van Susteren, William DeFoe were born here.
Harry Houdini moved here with his family as a child.

NJGIRL
09-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Wow, Scarsdale NY is the place to be if you want to be famous someday. Maybe something in the water. :secret:

Altair
09-13-2013, 02:44 PM
My only claim to fame is that I know Kate Capshaw. Went to High School and College with her.

Katzateer
09-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Don Mattingly and Halston....others I would have to look up. Also not people, but I think the first Hooters was in Evansville, Indiana and The Shoe Carnival got its start on Green River Road.

NJGIRL
09-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Evansville, Indiana and The Shoe Carnival got its start on Green River Road.

What is a shoe carnival :confused:

sportsguy2315
09-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Among the list:

Lea Thompson, actress (I recently had an awkward run-in on Twitter with her informing her that her childhood home was torn down recently for a gas station car wash. She lived in a motel that was about a quarter mile from my house.)
The Mayos who founded the Mayo Clinic.
We have several famous athletes, but the most notable is Eric Butorac who is a top doubles tennis player alongside Bethanie Mattek-Sands who won a doubles title at the Australian Open this year.
Igor Vovkovinskiy, America's tallest man at 7'9". When I was a kid, I saw him play HS basketball. Needless to say it was pretty easy for him.

RedSoxFan
09-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Dustin Brown (LA Kings) is local and lives 3 houses down the street during the summer!!

Katzateer
09-14-2013, 09:05 PM
What is a shoe carnival :confused:

Large shoe store that had really obnoxious commercials and great shoe prices that has grown into a big chain. You play carnival like games to win a lower price on your shoes- spin a large wheel and get a good deal.

TheDuckRocks
09-15-2013, 03:02 PM
I could not for the life of me think of even one person from my hometown that I grew up in being famous. So I did a Google search and came up with a list of about 40 people - have never heard of any of them. Further Google searching and half of them had no other info and as for the rest of the lot have done things like be on a baseball farm team for part of 1 season or graduated 1st in their community college class. No authors. No well known politicians. No movie stars. No computer gurus. I guess on the plus side there were no axe murderers. :D

TiggeRia
09-15-2013, 03:50 PM
My hometown is Phillipburg, NJ. I had no idea, so did a quick search, and still have no idea who any of these people are:

Charlie Berry (x2) both professional baseball players
Ned Bolcar, NFL player
DC Drake, a professional wrestler
Fiona, singer (maybe I have heard of her)
J. Robert Lennon, novelist
Jayne Mansfield, actress
Jim Ringo, NFL player
Yvonne Zima, ER actress

There's quite a few more congressmen and athletes in the mix. No big name people, though. :)

Hammer
09-15-2013, 09:46 PM
My hometown is Phillipburg, NJ. I had no idea, so did a quick search, and still have no idea who any of these people are:

Jayne Mansfield, actress

Jayne Mansfield was a famous actress of the 1950's and 60's, who was in movies similar to those of Marilyn Monroe. She died in a car accident in 1967. Her daughter is Mariska Hartigay of Law and Order SVU, who was lying down sleeping in the backseat when the car accident occured that killed her mother.

TheVBs
09-15-2013, 11:26 PM
Actor Jeff Daniels was born and still lives here. I'm probably the only person in town who's never seen him. (tried to find an eye roll smilie but couldn't)

NJGIRL
09-16-2013, 01:47 AM
Jayne Mansfield was a famous actress of the 1950's and 60's, who was in movies similar to those of Marilyn Monroe. She died in a car accident in 1967. Her daughter is Mariska Hartigay of Law and Order SVU, who was lying down sleeping in the backseat when the car accident occured that killed her mother.

It was rumored that she was decapitated, she wasn't, but the accident brought about the law that requires all tractor trailers to install a safety bar so cars can't go under them.

princessgirls
09-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Fun Post!!!

My "hometown" and current residence for that matter has been home to a few famous peeps!

George Washington had a home here during the Revolutionary War called Dey Mansion. You can still tour it, and they do re-enactments there throughout the year.

Actress Lisa Edelstein from House fame, is a Wayne gal, graduating from Wayne Valley HS. Her Dad was my pediatrician!

Darryl "DMC" McDaniels from Run DMC lives in town.
Wayne Hills High School has had a few graduates play in the NFL, most notably, Gregg Olsen who is currently on the Panthers and Ryan Neil, who played on various teams before a career ending injury.
Kathy and Rich Walkile who are on the Real Housewives of New Jersey. They film all around town.
The Soprano's has filmed a few scenes throughout Wayne.
There are a number of JETS, Giants, Devils players that live in town!
Julie:mickey:

DisneyDog
09-16-2013, 11:39 AM
John James Audubon, Mike Piazza and Tommy Lasorda.

AZ Disney
09-16-2013, 02:04 PM
My hometown is Walnut Creek, CA and within a few miles of here I know of a few famous residents:
Joe Dimaggio ( I used to see him shopping at Long's Drug's as a kid)
Eddie Money - he ate at the same Round Table Pizza in Lafayette, CA where I went to grade school.
Jason Newstead from Metallica - he used to come into the Mail Boxes Etc store that I worked at in Alamo, CA during college.
and most recently Randy Johnson - baseball.

Gosh, I miss the Bay Area....stuck in the desert for far too long:-(

Tiggeria - My Poppop still lives in Phillipsburg. My parents went to P'burg high and graduated in 1959 and 1960. Small world.

NewDVCowner
09-16-2013, 02:59 PM
My hometown is Walnut Creek, CA and within a few miles of here I know of a few famous residents:
Joe Dimaggio ( I used to see him shopping at Long's Drug's as a kid)
Eddie Money - he ate at the same Round Table Pizza in Lafayette, CA where I went to grade school.
Jason Newstead from Metallica - he used to come into the Mail Boxes Etc store that I worked at in Alamo, CA during college.
and most recently Randy Johnson - baseball.

Gosh, I miss the Bay Area....stuck in the desert for far too long:-(

Small world. Hello from the East Bay! My mom grew up in Walnut Creek, currently lives in Clayton and I live in Concord.

NJGIRL
09-16-2013, 03:55 PM
These are all great stories!

TiggeRia
09-16-2013, 08:22 PM

How interesting! I certainly have heard of Mariska Hargitay. Thanks for teaching me something new :)

Tiggeria - My Poppop still lives in Phillipsburg. My parents went to P'burg high and graduated in 1959 and 1960. Small world.

It is a small world! I graduated from P'burg high in '99 and lived in "the burg" for almost 30 years before moving to Easton, Pa. I will always consider myself a Jersey girl, though!

LauraF
09-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Nice topic!

The most famous person from my town is Robert Bailey Thomas, who founded the Old Farmer's Almanac.

We also had Agnes Moorehead the actress, who I will forever remember as Samantha's wonderful mother on Bewitched.

DisneyDog
09-18-2013, 06:46 PM
I completely forgot, I went to high school with the author Elin Hilderbrand. She was in my class.

crazypoohbear
09-24-2013, 09:05 PM
My hometown is the birthplace of Eli Whitney, also Nikki Stone, olympic skier.

My current home -
Marcia Cross, Desperate housewives,
Mike Burns - olympian - soccer player,
Bobby Butler- Hockey player (who's mom is from my Hometown)
Horatio alger- author (later discovered to be a pedophile :ack: )

and the next town over-
Mark Fydrich - MLB pitcher for Detroit, and my husband worked with him on different construction sites,- he was a very nice guy and very helpful and friendly.

pjbs35a
09-25-2013, 06:46 AM
Tim McGraw
Start, Louisiana

Jeri Lynn
09-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Elias Howe - inventor of the sewing machine.

I'd have to do some research to see if there are others. Can't think of them off the top of my head!:mickey:

The Reservoir Dog
09-30-2013, 08:31 AM
I nearly brought the apartment next door to where a certain Reg Dwight (better known as Elton John) grew up. The pub where he made his first public appearance is just up the road from me.

Bruce Welch, guitarist with the Shadows grew up in my hometown while he was dating Olivia Newton-John.

Also Simon Le Bon attended a nearby school and finally late astronomer Sir Patrick Moore was born here.

Septbride2002
09-30-2013, 05:48 PM
A few that people know are John Hamm and Nelly. One that most people don't know about is Vincent Price.

jillluvsdisney
10-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Al Molinaro
Alan Ameche
Dan Travanti
Mark Ruffalo
Orson Wells
All from Kenosha, WI

And Miss America 2012 Laura Kaeppeler

NJGIRL
10-10-2013, 06:51 PM
A few that people know are John Hamm and Nelly. One that most people don't know about is Vincent Price.

Vincent Price...now that is cool!

7165red
10-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Richard Gere - Syracuse NY

SBETigg
10-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Also Simon Le Bon attended a nearby school and finally late astronomer Sir Patrick Moore was born here.

Oh, I had such a crush on Simon Le Bon when I was 14-17. :) Then he went and married a supermodel. There might be some really embarrassing Duran Duran fan fiction in my past. Thank goodness we were not all online back then. :blush:

MissMaryPoppins
10-24-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm from Edison, NJ and I know Susan Sarandon is from there too. One of my teachers in high school graduated with her. Brittany Murphy is from there too and we were in a dance class together. I didn't even realize this until about 10 years ago. My cousin went to the same dancing school and she went back to visit the owner when I was with her. I saw cut outs from magazines and newspapers on the wall about Brittany Murphy and then it clicked in my head that we were classmates there.

jnfr2424
10-31-2013, 05:19 AM
Mr Tony Soprano himself, the actor James Gandolfini and if anyone watched House or seen the movie Dead Poets Society Robert Sean Leonard Both were botha born in Westwood New Jersey

RavsRuleDisney!
10-31-2013, 11:27 AM
John Farrell, winning manager for the WS champ Boston Red Sox; played high school ball with him (and I'm a Yankee fan-uggh!!)....

BryantLauren
11-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Fred Durst is from Jacksonville, Florida ;)

marlyn
11-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Pamela Anderson went to the same high school,as my kids go to.

Also, Kim Cattrall is from my city too.

MushuGrl
04-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Musician Carl Perkins was born in my hometown as well as the currently general manager for the New York Giants.

momef3grls
04-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Whitehall, PA
Matt Millen NFL: Graduated from my high school with one of my cousins actually and after he retired he came back and bought a home 3 blocks away from my parents. I also taught his kids to swim and was his daughter's swimming coach.

cspenc28
04-17-2014, 06:32 AM
Kevin Clash-voice of Elmo (well used to be), Bucky Lasek-professional skateboarder, Kevin Hill-former NFL running back, Robert Curbeam-NASA astronaut...yeah not too many famous people from Dundalk, MD...

joonyer
04-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Sam Nunn, Former U.S. Senator
Deborah Roberts, ABC News

emfleck
04-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Derek Jeter is from my hometown of Kalamazoo.

Patricia
04-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Taylor Kitsch (John Carter) and quit a few NHL players I wouldn't recognize. :blush:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-22-2014, 11:45 AM
The famous baseball player Dean Nash is from Wiggins, the same county I live in. He and his wife left money for a children's home for displaced kids that have nowhere else to go that is still in operation today. We also had a couple of pro football players, I remember Stevon Moore of the Ravens, and one other:confused: plus a soap opera star I can't remember the name of either

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Oh, I had such a crush on Simon Le Bon when I was 14-17. :) Then he went and married a supermodel. There might be some really embarrassing Duran Duran fan fiction in my past. Thank goodness we were not all online back then. :blush:

Oh yeah, I was a Duranie too! John Taylor was my Duran Duran crush lol

IwannabeinNarnia
04-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Kayla Harrison - olympic gold medalist in judo
McQuire Sisters - a vocal trio
Donald "Buz" Lukens - US Rep
Susan Perkins - Miss America 1978
and some NFL and NBA people and a few other senators and such..

luvdiznee
04-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Annette Funicello :mickey:

hope2survive
05-03-2014, 11:23 AM
From Aliquippa, PA

Tony Dorsett
Ty Law
Mike Ditka
Henry Mancini

IamBelle
05-30-2014, 05:51 PM
My hometown is Methuen, MA, which is also the hometown to the band Godsmack. Also the town over from me is Rob Zombie's hometown. And another surrounding town is where poet Robert Frost and composer Leonard Bernstein (West Side Story) were from.

honeybear
06-14-2014, 04:04 AM
I am late to this thread, but I wanted to add. We.actually have a LOT of famous people from my hometown, but some of the biggest would be Denzel Washington, The late Heavy D, Art Carney, Dick Clark, E.B. White(author of Charlottes Web), Michael Imperioli, Ben Gordon (NBA Player) Gus and Ray Willuams, also of the NBA. That is all I can think of right now!

lylone
06-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Ryan Seacrest. He graduated 4-5 years after me from the same high school. I never saw him but rumor has it he was a big dork!

7165red
11-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Richard Gere.