PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party for Adults

jb123
09-11-2013, 06:13 PM
:mickey:My husband and I will be in DW at the GF 9 days in October and will be spending a lot of time at the Food & Wine festival. I LOVE Halloween, but we do not have any kids. Should be go to the NSS Halloween Party (on a Thursday night)? I am not sure he will enjoy it? I would like to trick or treat. Is there anything else we would enjoy as adults, or anything special that we cannot experience during normal park hours? I am trying to convince him that it is worth leaving Epcot Food & Wine for the evening.

Thank you....can't wait to go to DW!!!

DizneyFreak2002
09-11-2013, 07:09 PM
:mickey:My husband and I will be in DW at the GF 9 days in October and will be spending a lot of time at the Food & Wine festival. I LOVE Halloween, but we do not have any kids. Should be go to the NSS Halloween Party (on a Thursday night)? I am not sure he will enjoy it? I would like to trick or treat. Is there anything else we would enjoy as adults, or anything special that we cannot experience during normal park hours? I am trying to convince him that it is worth leaving Epcot Food & Wine for the evening.

Boo to you Parade is a special Halloween themed parade... HalloWishes is a Halloween themed Wishes Fireworks show... The Villains have a stage show (don't think that has been cut)... headless Horseman runs down main Street prior to Boo to You... The characters are out in their Halloween costumes...

That is off the top of my head what they do for the MNSSHP that you cannot experience during the day...

faline
09-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Where else do you get to go trick or treating as an adult, without kids, without anyone thinking you are very strange?

The Boo to You Parade is terrific as are the fireworks. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Headless Horseman (He rides through 5-10 minutes before the parade starts)

badjujue
09-11-2013, 10:40 PM

my wife an I go, our children are all grown up. this is not just for kids. the shows are diffrent from the day time ones. I would say DONT MISS IT

goofy89
09-11-2013, 11:17 PM
My husband and I went on our honeymoon last year and had a blast!

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Oh and yes, adults can dress up too... My friends and I did one year... Have seen plenty of adults dress, even adults without children... all a part of Halloween, though I look for more scares and frights...

MrPeetrie
09-12-2013, 06:51 AM
We have gone to this on our past four trips. It's our favorite event and a must-do for a Fall vacation.

We see plenty of adults w/o children. Some of the best themed costumes are from adults. If you like Halloween, the atmosphere is wonderful. It's worth going to if you're a fan of the holiday.

Melanie
09-12-2013, 07:48 AM
My favorite hard ticket event at WDW, and I've been more through the years with adults than children. Do it! :mpumpkin:

hoop de do
09-12-2013, 10:14 AM
My wife and I go and we dress up also.
I think the best part is that now I get to keep all my chocolates for myself. :D
Seriously, "Boo To You" is the best parade we have seen at WDW and we have seen them all.
Also, HalloWishes fire works is awesome.
I think you will enjoy.
Have a great vaca. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

CaptSmee
09-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Its interesting how 5 years ago we were some of the only adults dressed in costumes, now this week everyone was dressed in costumes

joanna71985
09-13-2013, 10:13 AM
I go to MNSSHP all the time, and I'm an adult. It's a lot of fun!

Lindsey
09-13-2013, 11:24 AM
The Headless Horseman is cool, the fireworks are fun, and Trick 'r Treating as an adult is neat. :) The music for the parade is incredibly annoying though, my husband and I get as far away from the parade as we can when it's going on. It's cute enough, the grave diggers are the only part of it that I thought were really cool though. Hearing "Boo to you, and you, and you, and you!" over and over again gets obnoxious. But of course the parade was designed for kids, and they like simple repetitive lyrics. Honestly if Disney would just change the music I would probably like the parade a lot more. It will never beat the Hong Kong Disneyland Halloween parade though, that is an awesome parade. :number1:

My husband and I will be in WDW in October for a week, but we won't be going to MNNSHP. We've gone before, and though it was fun there really isn't any need to do it again.