PDA

View Full Version : Chase card

IloveJack
09-11-2013, 01:15 PM
We're in the process (almost done :clappy:) of paying off all our CC debt. I swore I'd never get another CC, but the Chase/Disney photo op is really tempting. If I sign up for the card and never actually use it, can I still get the photo op?
Also, how long will Chase keep the account open if it's never active?

AgentC
09-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Do you mean the Chase Meet & Greet at Epcot? We have done it once. I am not sure it is worth getting the card to go to it and get the free picture.

There are some other discounts and special offers that you can get with it but you need to use the card. For example, I was able to book special events at Food & Wine early but it had to be on my Chase card.

There is not an exact rule to how long a credit card company will keep a card open for you if it is not used.

Congratulations on paying off your debt! :thumbsup:

brownie
09-11-2013, 07:24 PM
The times we've looked into doing the Chase meet & greet, the line has been so long it just wasn't worth it. I wouldn't get the card if that's what you're getting it for. I think you're better off doing a character breakfast.

IloveJack
09-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Good to know. Thanks!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-23-2013, 06:46 PM
How about using it and paying off what you charged right away? For example; you go to the grocery store and spend $50 and usually pay cash or use your debit card. What about using your Disney card, going right home and transferring the payment to your Disney card right away? That way you still get the reward dollars too as well as all the special offers. Plus it keeps the card open and you can still take advantage of the discount at DTD etc.

KylesMom
09-27-2013, 09:48 PM
The Chase Disney Visa card has been invaluable to us over the last 10+ years for the points and no interest package purchases that they offer - provided we pay the balance off every month except for the no interest on package benefit for the 6 month period. However, that being said, if you are just finally digging yourself out of debt and don't want to fully use the benefits that the card offers, I would not apply for the card just for the meet and greet benefits.

disneynarula
10-06-2013, 06:22 AM
If you are tempted to use the credit card and not pay it off I wouldn't do it just for the Meet and Greet. We did use them and liked the free photos but you would proably be better off paying for a character breakfast and photos rather than paying interest on another credit card.

Pay off all your other cards first and then get it if you can commit to paying it off every month.

We use it for the points and pay it off every month. For us the points are actually free money, a nice perk.

Kenny1113
10-06-2013, 06:30 AM
One of my favorite things about the card:
They don't outsource. Every time I call I speak to someone local. Plus they always say have a "magical day " before hanging up!:mickey:

Cinderelley
10-08-2013, 10:55 AM
If you open up a regular Chase account, you can get a Disney debit card. It will help you avoid any temptation to use a credit card. Maybe save your Disney World trip money in that account or something.