PDA

View Full Version : Booked for NYE. Woohoo!

Pop Centurion
09-10-2013, 08:42 PM
It was looking like we would be unable to visit WDW for the first time in 10 years due to a new car payment & my job cutting back hours (even though the continually set new profit records in the millions each quarter) which had us really bummed. But I did a little math & figured if I worked 2 of my remaining 3 weeks of vacation & made some sacrifices we could afford a short trip after Christmas. Since spending NYE in Epcot is high up on our bucket list we thought what better time. Sure the rooms are more expensive & there aren't any deals, but it's something we've really been wanting to do.
So we're booked for Dec 29 to Jan 1 at Pop. I'm excited to finally get to go during that time & mark off another "to do" from our list. Hopefully nothing unforseen happens that will ruin our plans.

Pirate Granny
09-10-2013, 08:59 PM
We spent NYE at EPCOT and the Pop one year, loved it, but be very prepared for the crowds. People start putting blankets around the lake on the walkways by 5pm...by 10 you can barely walk. We watched the fireworks from the grass in front of one of the innovations bldg. and RAN to the bus when it was over. We were on the second bus to Pop, at breakfast the next morning we spoke to people who waited over three hours for a bus :(. Keep this in mind, and enjoy your time and possibly stick around the countries longer before heading for the bus. Traffic is one way out of the parks, but with all three parks having fireworks it's really crazy out there. But true, a once in a lifetime adventure.