PDA

View Full Version : Additional Adults in Room Charge

missymouseworld
09-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Does all the Disney resorts (Value, Moderate, Deluxe) charge an additional fee for more than 2 adults per room? .... and does anyone know what the charge is?

BrerGnat
09-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Yes. $10 per at Values, $15 per at Moderates, $25 per at Deluxes. That is per day.

missymouseworld
09-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Thanks....that is per adult too?

DizneyRox
09-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks....that is per adult too?
Yes...

missymouseworld
09-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Great....kids are getting older and charges are going up. I just don't understand if you have the room to occupy 4 people, whether all adults or children, what would justify an extra charge?

BrerGnat
09-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Great....kids are getting older and charges are going up. I just don't understand if you have the room to occupy 4 people, whether all adults or children, what would justify an extra charge?

Well, I suppose Disney would prefer those 18 and over book their own room.

This is not unique to WDW though. Most hotel rates are based on double occupancy with additional charges for extra adults in the room. Many cleverly advertise "kids stay free in room with adults." It makes it seem like they are doing you a favor. LOL!

Aurora
09-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Yeah, the extra adult charge always bugged me, since a double room can hold four. But it's a standard hotel charge and has been for many years.

That's one of the nice things about DVC -- as my kids get older, I won't have to pay that extra charge.

Polynesian Dweller
09-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Well, I suppose Disney would prefer those 18 and over book their own room.

This is not unique to WDW though. Most hotel rates are based on double occupancy with additional charges for extra adults in the room. Many cleverly advertise "kids stay free in room with adults." It makes it seem like they are doing you a favor. LOL!

As a hotelier, that is a part of it. An extra adult in a room represents an extra room unsold for the hotel and thus a loss of revenue for the hotel. Also, and our stats show this for our hotels, on average it costs slightly more to operate a room with extra adults. And yes, it is a standard of the hotel industry.

BugeyedMuggy
09-11-2013, 06:10 AM
It may be cheaper if you are staying in a deluxe to get a studio if you have 4 adults. They do not charge for the extra adults. You can always contact the timeshare store and rent points which will be much cheaper.

missymouseworld
09-11-2013, 06:43 AM
It may be cheaper if you are staying in a deluxe to get a studio if you have 4 adults. They do not charge for the extra adults. You can always contact the timeshare store and rent points which will be much cheaper.

Thanks....I wasn't aware of that.

LVT
09-12-2013, 08:52 PM
That extra charge adds up fast. We got PIN codes in June that included DCV. Boardwalk DVC 1 bedroom was about the same as regular AK savannah room due to 2 over 18's in our room at 25 each.