PDA

View Full Version : Question re: renting DVC

mydisneygirls
09-10-2013, 09:56 AM
How do you go about renting DVC points and what is the approximately cost for a week? Would it cost less than a bounceback offer with free dining? I'm contemplating going this route for our next trip.

PS - I'm really kicking myself for not buying a DVC when they first came out. I could have purchased one for $5,000 and at that time, you could apply the cost of the vacation you were currently on! Live and learn.

epceddie
09-10-2013, 10:23 PM
It always pays to strike while the iron is hot! The Timeshare Store, an Intecot sponsor, is a great place to check about the benefits of renting DVC points. They always have rental points available and I think they cost $12 a point. We bought our OKW timeshare points from them and the transaction couldn't have gone smoother. I'm sure renting points from them would be easy. They offer fantastic customer service.

Lindsey310
09-11-2013, 05:18 PM
I have used mouseowners. It's not a broker, it's owners that need to get rid of points or just want to sell points. You post what you need under reservations wanted and they respond to your ad. I usually say to please include your price per point..they usually charge anywhere from $10-12 a point...you can get it cheaper if you are able to book last minute (owners that have points that are going to expire.)

We rented points and needed 50. It was $500 for the week at OKW. Its a lot cheaper than any bounce back offer I have ever seen...with deluxe accommodations. Ask for references. We are using them for our sept 2014 trip.

38 days!!!!!! :joy:

VWL Mom
09-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Before considering renting from a person (rather than a broker) you may want to check out DVC Mike's post (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122549). While there are many reputable people, there are also a lot of scam artists. Going through a broker may cost a bit more but to me the peace of mind is well worth it.

mydisneygirls
09-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Thank you! This info was very helpful. I'll check out the Timeshare Store and maybe give them a call.

Lindsey310
09-12-2013, 05:55 PM
For some reason I thought the timeshare store was only if you wanted to buy points. And if you wanted to "test out DVC" before buying??

If that's true, David's DVC rentals is another very reliable broker.

37 days!!!!!! :mpumpkin:

VWL Mom
09-12-2013, 06:10 PM
For some reason I thought the timeshare store was only if you wanted to buy points. And if you wanted to "test out DVC" before buying??

The TImeshare Store does handle rentals.

JMTStone
09-13-2013, 05:35 AM
I loved working with them on both purchases and rental points (both directions, renting and renting out my points).

Nothing was easier. And if you're like me, if you plan to purchase they could also be a good way to go if you are planning on spending your DVC points at Disney. I've cruised and spent nights in every DVC hotel on WDW property except for WL - which I plan on doing next June.

The threads here are great research if you plan on purchasing.

Lindsey310
09-13-2013, 04:16 PM
The TImeshare Store does handle rentals.

Good to know. The other broker I looked at charged more per point. Thanks :thumbsup:

36 days!!!! :mpumpkin: