PDA

View Full Version : Dining and watching Illuminations @ EPCOT?

Mariano O'Kon
09-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere, so here it goes:

Are there any restaurants that I can make a reservation so I can eat and watch Illuminations @*EPCOT?

Thanks!

Mariano :mickey:

Pirate Granny
09-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Two right now, maybe a third. Rose and Crown and the New Mexico restaurant...the still being built morocco restaurant may also have viewing....BUT you need to bool reservations exactly at the 180 day mark.

kakn7294
09-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Rose and Crown, La Hacienda de San Angel, Tokyo Dining, and Monsieur Paul can all offer a view of the lagoon. Some views are much more limited than others and window tables (or the outdoor patio at R&C) are not guaranteed.

The new restaurant currently under construction in Morocco will likely also offer views.

Mariano O'Kon
09-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks!!

:mickey::mickey::mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-10-2013, 10:04 AM
I never thought about La Hacienda for Illuminations. Do they have a lot of tables with a good view or is there an outdoor viewing area? How is the food here?

kakn7294
09-10-2013, 10:10 AM
I've never been so I don't know about the food. I did read a review that said because the windows are very large, there is a good view from almost any table.

Mariano O'Kon
09-10-2013, 10:16 AM
I just booked at "Hacienda de San Angel" for Sep/21!

I will let you know about the food and the "quality" of the viewing after the fact.

Cheers!

SBETigg
09-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Keep in mind that anywhere you choose to eat with viewing might not be offering optimal views, and if they do have a few tables with good views, there's a good chance that you won't get one of those tables.

If seeing Illuminations is key, don't count on being able to see it while you eat. Instead, grab a spot outside and eat earlier or later. But if having a good meal and maybe seeing Illuminations at the same time is what you want, it might work out. Rose & Crown also offers a viewing area for patrons who are not seated at tables with views, unless there's a special event which takes over the viewing area (rare).

faline
09-10-2013, 10:27 AM
La Hacienda would offer good views of Illuminatins. Some tables are right against the windows. Others sit back from the windows and higher up. Views would be blocked if patrons stand or crowd around the windows.

We've dined at La Hacienda once (but not during Illuminations). We found the food to be good and, at least for the option we chose, quite generous in portion size. We would return to this location again.

Melanie
09-10-2013, 10:49 AM
I just booked at "Hacienda de San Angel" for Sep/21!

Regardless of Illuminations, La Hacienda is just a beautiful place to be anyway at night as the sun goes down. Hope you love it!

Dsnygirl
09-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Like everyone else has said, a table with a view at any of these locations is not guaranteed. BUT - we have twice now asked to wait for one, if it is okay with how busy they are - and we have been told it is fine, we've been given a beeper and honestly, both times we waited maybe 30-40 min. :thumbsup: So - plan to arrive early and be willing to wait, if a table with a view is important to you - and book your table about an hour and a half before Illuminations starts, just to be sure! Good luck! :)

CaptSmee
09-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Rose & Crowns food & view is much better :party:

FenwayGirl
09-17-2013, 07:36 AM
We always book a 745 dinner at Rose and Crown. Even if you are not seated on the patio, they have an alternative. A VIP area that you can utilize. They will cover your food and let you return after the show...

Mariano O'Kon
09-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am now back from my trip to WDW and I wanted to provide my feedback on dining in "Hacienda de San Angel" to watch Reflections.. Don't do it.

The food is GREAT and the place is very nice.

Yes, you have huge windows and you can "see" the show but, honestly, you loose too much.

I felt like I was watching it in my home on a TV, a BIG TV, that is... :cool:

If you really want to watch Illuminations DO NOT EAT HERE.

Hope this helps!