PDA

View Full Version : Halloween party

Catzle
09-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Why are there no Halloween parties on Saturday's?

Main Street Jim
09-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Why are there no Halloween parties on Saturday's?Busiest day of the week for MK.

Lots of locals/Florida residents make a weekend trip up/down to Disney.

When we were kids, we'd spend a weekend in Orlando (only lived an hour and a half away). Saturdays were *always* MK days - mostly because MK was *always* open late (2am - and no EMH existed...) in them days (of course, back then, it was the *only* park...LOL). Sunday was either Sea World or Circus World.

amorillo
09-07-2013, 02:23 PM
next year halloween falls on a friday... do you think that will be the last party? usually they have one nov 1st? but that would fall on a saturday....

WDWdriver
09-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Sunday was either Sea World or Circus World.

Wow! Circus World? You are dating yourself, Jim. Yes, folks, there used to be a Circus World. I think it was out on Hwy 27.

Main Street Jim
09-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Wow! Circus World? You are dating yourself, Jim. Yes, folks, there used to be a Circus World. I think it was out on Hwy 27.U.S. 27 and I-4, Haines City, on the southeast corner. Became Boardwalk and Baseball for a little while, then Baseball City (spring-training home of the Kansas City Royals). The property is now a Target/Michael's/Dick's Sporting Goods plaza.

CW was where I rode my very first roller-coaster - a woodie at that. The Flying Tiger.

Back on topic here...

next year halloween falls on a friday... do you think that will be the last party? usually they have one nov 1st? but that would fall on a saturday....The last one would probably/more than likely be on Sunday and/or Monday night - even if it's in November.

Midnight of the last party - out come the Christmas decorations....

Catzle
09-09-2013, 05:46 PM
If Halloween fell on at Saturday, would they do it? For anyone who remembers what has happened in the past. I am a teacher and can't leave work to come and my kids really want to go.

Main Street Jim
09-09-2013, 06:08 PM
If Halloween fell on at Saturday, would they do it? For anyone who remembers what has happened in the past. I am a teacher and can't leave work to come and my kids really want to go.Well, ya know...honestly, I can't recall. :blush:

It's looking like in 2015, the 31st will be on a Saturday. I *think* they will do a MNSSHP on a Saturday, but will extend hours for "regular" guests the Friday prior.

epceddie
09-09-2013, 06:17 PM
I remember going to Circus World on a family trip way back in 1978. We went on a rollercoaster that looped once and returned backwards. We all thought that was pretty cool at the time, back when the MK was the only Disney park you could visit. We also did Sea World and Cypress Gardens.