PDA

View Full Version : villians Friday the 13th???

thejens
09-06-2013, 01:03 PM
I guess since they have never done this, no one would know much about it...but I am wondering if this might be a better choice than MNSSHP? Primarily since it is free!! :) I think???? And by free, I mean for the mere price of regular admission.

On the other hand, as far as I can tell there will be 13 villians and dance music. The bad news is fireworks are at midnight and I am thinking it is likely our family will not manage to stay up that late.

Thoughts???

Strmchsr
09-06-2013, 02:37 PM
It's going to be a lot of fun from everything I've seen but because the villains have their own sort of cult-following I would expect it to be insanely crowded. DHS can feel crowded at the best of times.

disneymom15
09-06-2013, 03:00 PM
It's going to be a lot of fun from everything I've seen but because the villains have their own sort of cult-following I would expect it to be insanely crowded. DHS can feel crowded at the best of times.

Exactly what I was thinking. We'll be there, not sure how long we'll stay.

Main Street Jim
09-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Isn't it only for the one night - and only for about three-four hours?

MNSSHP runs multiple nights and runs for five hours each night...

Melanie
09-06-2013, 06:48 PM
MNSSHP runs multiple nights and runs for five hours each night...

If this is all you want to do at MNSSHP, you can see all the villains. Since they do the Villains Mix and Mingle a few times a night, THEN do the meet and greet, it's not exactly an easy task to see them all. Lines are always, always long, and they don't stay out all night.

But yes, the DHS event will be crowded. But, I'd be there with bells on if I could.

Strmchsr
09-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Isn't it only for the one night - and only for about three-four hours?

It is only 1 night, but it's 5 or 6 hours. It's either 7 pm - 1 am or starts at 8 pm.

mdricks
09-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Is everything going to be open/running? I will be there for a boys golf weekend and i can certainly live with sitting in the Tune In sipping on 'tinis till 11:30 then riding everythng as the crowds thin out.....:beer:

:number1:

Strmchsr
09-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Is everything going to be open/running? I will be there for a boys golf weekend and i can certainly live with sitting in the Tune In sipping on 'tinis till 11:30 then riding everythng as the crowds thin out

Not sure. They haven't announced everything. I assume most rides will be open. However, don't count on the crowds thinning. A lot of the "special" stuff is midnight to 1 am (the "13th hour") so most folks will probably stick around for that since it's what the even is all about.

Christine
09-09-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm going. I know it'll be madness like leap day etc, but I like these events and any time DHS does fireworks is a good time in my book!

Melanie
09-09-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm going. I know it'll be madness like leap day etc, but I like these events and any time DHS does fireworks is a good time in my book!

I'd be there in a heartbeat too. Look forward to your tweets. :thumbsup:

Melanie
09-09-2013, 06:01 PM
i can certainly live with sitting in the Tune In sipping on 'tinis till 11:30 then riding everythng as the crowds thin out.....:beer:

Love this plan! :beer::thumbsup::beer:

Lindsey310
09-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Wish we could go...we won't be there until October. But I think if you were choosing between the two I would go for MNSSHP... The parade is supposed to be fantastic (can't wait to see it) and you can have access to all of the MK rides. I'm sure the villain party will be a lot of fun...just very crowded. :thumbsup:

40 days!!!! :mpumpkin:

mdricks
09-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Love this plan! :beer::thumbsup::beer:

Two guys sitting at the bar the one with grey hair answers to mdricks. See everybody at Tune In, four days!

AgentC
09-09-2013, 09:39 PM

I'm so tempted to go but I have to be up earlier on Saturday. :(

Christine
09-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Two guys sitting at the bar the one with grey hair answers to mdricks. See everybody at Tune In, four days!

Got it! Have a frozen no salt ready and I will see ya there! :marg: ;)

I'm so tempted to go but I have to be up earlier on Saturday. :(

C'mon! I have to be up at 5 for a 5K the next morning!! You can sleep next week. :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
09-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Darn, the villains spooked me. We won't be able to go. We finally get our apartment on the13th.

mechanic
09-10-2013, 02:28 AM
hoping for pics ..

Christine
09-10-2013, 06:43 AM
hoping for pics ..

Absolutely!

Watch INTERCOT's twitter feed for live pics all evening! :thumbsup:

AgentC
09-10-2013, 11:17 AM
C'mon! I have to be up at 5 for a 5K the next morning!! You can sleep next week. :thumbsup:

I'm actually bringing the kids over the next weekend for the Halloween party. :D

I'll let you know if I decide to head over this Friday.

FriendsofMickey
09-13-2013, 05:02 PM
We are here right now. Park is busy already. The villain tshirt line is already insane!!! They say hey only have 900 shirts and there is every bit that amount of people in line.

VWL Mom
09-13-2013, 05:10 PM
We are here right now. Park is busy already. The villain tshirt line is already insane!!! They say hey only have 900 shirts and there is every bit that amount of people in line.

Have a great time! :malef:

FriendsofMickey
09-13-2013, 10:29 PM
It was a huge failure in my opinion. So crowded! Lines for villains were so long. Traffic was at a gridlock. Busses could not get in the park. FAILURE!!! And I rarely complain.

CaptSmee
09-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Sitting on a bench right now waiting for the fireworks...thank goodness we had fastpass+!! the park is INSANE!!! what I imagine it to be like on New Year's Eve. Traffic was horrendous, they rerouted our bus through the boardwalk to get us in the park. The lines to see the villains circles the lake. The main st was mobbed in front of the DJ stage. what should have been a fun event is not so fun but I can't wait to see the fireworks in a little bit.
Disney was not ready for these crowds at all from traffic control, to food & beverage service to selling the limited merchandise. Poor crowd control & several people were leaving quite upset for bring at the happiest place on earth

Christine
09-14-2013, 10:28 AM
It was a huge failure in my opinion. So crowded! Lines for villains were so long. Traffic was at a gridlock. Busses could not get in the park. FAILURE!!! And I rarely complain.

Wholeheartedly agree. I drove an hour around the perimeter of the parking lot just to be ushered out te exit? Why was the toll booth even open?
No direction. Traffic at a standstill on world drive and lake buena vista, 45 minute wait for water. Characters? Forget it. 2+hour waits. Lines outside scary apothecary/ villains in vogue 2 hour wait as they only allowed a small amount of ppl in at a time for the limited merchandise and snacks.

Why they didn't anticipate NYe type crowds I don't know. NyE is never that bad. Star eats weekend is never that bad.

I spoke with several managers who admitted there was no communication for the traffic and venues. Terrible.

The one GOOD thing- having the multiple tv monitors for the stage show- they should use these for Star Wars weekends

Melanie
09-14-2013, 10:39 AM
I think this proves a Villain meal would be very popular. Come on already...:malef:

CaptSmee
09-14-2013, 12:39 PM
I think this proves a Villain meal would be very popular. Come on already...:malef:

Or a hard ticket villains party similar to Halloween party :D I'd start it next month if iI were Disney.

Pop Centurion
09-14-2013, 01:13 PM

I'd like nothing more. If they could somehow build it on Sunset Blvd it would be a huge boost for the park. I'm just not sure how well received it will be by guests as a whole. Last nights crowd as well as online forums make up a small amount of the total population that visits the world.
But then again, those other people don't know what they want. ;) Build it and I'm sure they'll like it. :D

Pirate Granny
09-14-2013, 05:49 PM
We were there last night. Had dinner reservations at 5 at Mama Melrose, saw Captain Jack Adventure and went to go to Fantasmic (dinner package). When finished it was crowded like NYE...we went to tune in to get a drink...are ya kidding, over 100 people squeezed into the bar area, the restaurant was already closed. We saw the handwriting on the wall, and left. There were tons of people waiting to get in, and swarms of people coming by bus and walking from the boardwalk. We walked to the boardwalk (where we were staying :party:, and had a drink in the resort lounge, then my DD and I headed out to the sidewalk by the studios to watch the fireworks...they were wonderful, especially since we weren't wall to wall people on such a warm night. All the rides behind the great movie ride were closed at 9:30 in prep for the fireworks, they didn't reopen...so R&R, ToT, GMR and Star Wars were the only options???? Next Friday the 13th they need to do a much better job of organizing!

Melanie
09-14-2013, 06:09 PM
It's really a shame that something with the potential of being so very cool ( and parts of it really were), was tainted by poor management and organizational skills.

Christine
09-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Melanie that sums it up perfectly! That's exactly what happened. The elements of the event were great! The execution and management of the event were horrid

DizneyFreak2002
09-14-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm reading there was an estimated 35,000 to 50,000 people last night... 10 times or more the amount of people usually in DHS...

joanna71985
09-14-2013, 08:32 PM
I was there last night. While the concept was a great one, it did not project well at all. It was extremely crowded, many areas were understaffed (especially parking), and there was not much help when it came to the characters (which became extremely frustrating). I will say though- the fireworks were amazing!! Best part of the evening

Scott C
09-15-2013, 08:21 PM
All being said, those fireworks were the most amazing that I have ever seen. Glad we had ADRs for lunch. Waited in the pizza planet line for almost an hour later in the evening. A woman collapsed in that line also. The dj thing was not for me, but the live band was pretty good. Yes, it was a mob, but we had a good time. Also glad we had magic bands, that really helped things.

Thanks

Scott c

mdricks
09-16-2013, 03:29 PM
It was nuts! I dont think i have ever sen that many people at DHS. it reminded me of the fourth of July at MK a few years back.

Still didnt keep me from drinking 'tinis at Tune In! :blush:

mechanic
09-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Did they bring out any rare character s?

joanna71985
09-18-2013, 04:25 PM

Yes. Shan Yu and Oogie Boogie were available for pictures. And Big Bad Wolf was at the dance party

Melanie
09-18-2013, 04:30 PM

So many of the villains are rare (Shan Yu, Jafar, Frollo, Malificent come to mind), so yes, there were rare characters there.

Melanie
09-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Yes. Shan Yu and Oogie Boogie were available for pictures. And Big Bad Wolf was at the dance party

We were posting at the same time. Those three are the only ones considered rare?

rjmdds
09-18-2013, 04:34 PM
If this doesn't prove that there is market for more villains in the parks, then I don't know what does. I am very surprised that Disney management got blindsided by the response. Surely their suits should've predicted this.

joanna71985
09-18-2013, 04:43 PM
We were posting at the same time. Those three are the only ones considered rare?

I wouldn't consider Jafar, Maleficent, and Frollo rare (as they are out every year at MNSSHP). Uncommon, yes. But not rare

Melanie
09-18-2013, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't consider Jafar, Maleficent, and Frollo rare (as they are out every year at MNSSHP). Uncommon, yes. But not rare

Ah. To me, if you are only out at the parties, that's rare. It's not an every day walk in the park that you'd see them. And Shan Yu has been out in recent years at the Marathon in January.

Come to think of it, Maleficent is out at Disneyland, so I guess if you look at it that way, she's really not rare. ;)

mechanic
09-18-2013, 10:39 PM
I believe I've seen jafar out and about at either Christmas or july 4.