PDA

View Full Version : what is sum of all thrills????

thejens
09-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Is this new? I don't remember this attraction! Leaving for the World this afternoon!!!!!!!!!! :mickey: I'll be posting!!

#1donaldfan
09-06-2013, 11:55 AM
If I remember correctly it was a ride at Innoventions that was a "build it yourself", rollercoaster "virtual" ride. It was pretty fun, not sure if it's there anymore, I have not gone in there the last several trips.....:cool:

Strmchsr
09-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Yep, it's still there and you described it pretty accurately. You go into a room and design your own roller coaster then you're put into a virtual reality machine that can move you every direction possible so that you get to "ride" your coaster in as real of a manner as possible.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Since the line moves slowly for this attraction, if it something you're interested in, I'd do it earlier in the day ... or leave it to close to the end of the day.

Even when the rest of Innoventions was empty, the line for this was rather long.

disneygirlie11
09-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Is this similar to Dusneyquest cyber space mt?

Main Street Jim
09-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Is this similar to Dusneyquest cyber space mt?Sort of - but with more movement.

Your ride "capsule" is on the end of a robot arm (like is used for building automobiles), and it *will* throw you every which way.

I think there's like three levels of "thrills" you can build your track from.

Melanie
09-08-2013, 02:54 PM
It uses the Kuka arm technology, just as Forbidden Journey does at Islands of Adventure. We do it every trip. My boys love it. You watch a brief introductory film, then go to your station and custom build your ride (roller coaster, jet or bobsled) using mathematic technology, save it to the special card they give you, then proceed to the simulator to experience your ride.

It does always seem to have a longer wait, just due to low rider capacity.

taleasoldastime
09-08-2013, 10:19 PM
i LOVE sum of all thrills! Its one of my favorites! as people stated before, you build a coaster and then the simulator shows you what it would be like. I always just pick the most extreme thing so i can try to stay upside down most of the time. Its fun!
Definitely try to do it around opening because it gets a long line quickly, but if you do it in the evening, remember innovations closes before the park does so check innovations hours.

bxrluv
09-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Oh my gosh. My teenager loves that as well as Innovations in general. I have to bribe her to come out of there. She plans on being an engineer so anything interactive thrills her!:thumbsup: