PDA

View Full Version : FP+ and baby swap?

Tekneek
09-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to utilize baby swap for FP+ reservations?

DizneyFreak2002
09-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to utilize baby swap for FP+ reservations?
Only if you book baby swap 180 days in advance!!!!

In all seriousness, no idea... can't see why it would be a problem though...

BuddyL4
09-05-2013, 10:03 PM
My son and daughter in law did it last week on our trip, no problem. :mickey:

k10
09-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Hoping this is helpful info:

In May we went on Soarin' as a group. But one friend had to stay behind b/c their son wasn't tall enough (2 yr/o). They gave my friend 2 FPs to go on.

FYI: We were not sought out and given this. We approached a Cast Member and politely asked if there was anything they could do. As expected, they were very accommodating.

Butters
09-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Why would you need this if you already have FPs?

Wouldn't some of your party go on, while some stay back with kids then the second have would use their FP and no need to rider swap since everyone would have a FP in hand?

Tekneek
09-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Why would you need this if you already have FPs?

Wouldn't some of your party go on, while some stay back with kids then the second have would use their FP and no need to rider swap since everyone would have a FP in hand?

I asked because I wondered if it was possible, not because it is needed. A WDW vacation is not needed, so all of this is obviously something extra.

There is a difference between each parent being able to ride with all of the kids than splitting into two groups. I will just ask a CM when I get to each attraction that has a height requirement.

Butters
09-06-2013, 01:46 PM
I asked because I wondered if it was possible, not because it is needed. A WDW vacation is not needed, so all of this is obviously something extra.

I never questioned if a trip to WDW was needed, not sure where that came from. My point was that rider swap is not intended as a way to double up your FPs, it's there to prevent one family from waiting in line twice. Having two small children we use it regularly but do not consider it getting something "extra"

Tekneek
09-06-2013, 02:03 PM
I never questioned if a trip to WDW was needed, not sure where that came from. My point was that rider swap is not intended as a way to double up your FPs, it's there to prevent one family from waiting in line twice. Having two small children we use it regularly but do not consider it getting something "extra"

You asked why it was needed, which is why I responded that really none of it is needed since even being at WDW at all is not "needed."

I'm not interested in doubling up FPs. Baby swap (aka "rider switch") is not intended to just keep each parent from waiting in line. If it were, it wouldn't allow an extra guest to ride. Given that it does, the intent would appear to be more than that.

If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note: Only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.

The intention is not to force the other parent to ride alone. For some we can just split the party, but for some it would be both parents and 1 kid. Would 1 have to ride alone because we used FP+, when they aren't forced to ride alone when using baby swap/rider switch?

Butters
09-06-2013, 02:11 PM
You asked why it was needed, which is why I responded that really none of it is needed since even being at WDW at all is not "needed."

I'm not interested in doubling up FPs. Baby swap (aka "rider switch") is not intended to just keep each parent from waiting in line. If it were, it wouldn't allow an extra guest to ride. Given that it does, the intent would appear to be more than that.

If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note: Only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.

The intention is not to force the other parent to ride alone. For some we can just split the party, but for some it would be both parents and 1 kid. Would 1 have to ride alone because we used FP+, when they aren't forced to ride alone when using baby swap/rider switch?

Well besides food, water, and air nothing is technically needed... :mickey:

Not trying to get into a posting battle here. From your above description that pretty much sums up how rider swap works, have a great trip!

Tekneek
09-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Well besides food, water, and air nothing is technically needed... :mickey:

I admit I was being pedantic and in a grumpy mood. I am sorry.

I'll just ask a CM, for the attractions it may be relevant for, and leave it up to them whether we get to do it or not. I'm not going to demand it or insist upon it.

Jeri
09-07-2013, 03:21 PM
In the past we used our fast passes and still used the baby swap. My husband would go with the kids and I stayed back, but we asked for a baby swap pass. They gave us a pass and then they rode, when they were done I went with the kids using the baby swap pass.
While yes, it isn't needed I guess, it is nice to not have to split the kids up. They get to ride once with mom and once with dad.
I should note, yes I used my fastpass, but the baby swap allows the kids to come with.

Main Street Jim
09-08-2013, 02:59 PM
"Baby swap" is not even relevant to having FastPasses.

You don't need to have FP's to utilize the "baby swap".

The "baby swap"/child swap/rider switch policy is in place for "height-required" attractions where someone may not quite be tall enough (including even "little people").

You can even utilize it if someone (a younger child, perhaps. that) may meet the height requirement, but, is afraid to ride the "big rides".