PDA

View Full Version : Just Returned! Dining Reviews!

dizzy123
09-04-2013, 04:02 PM
We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas, and enjoyed the onsite bakery restaurant (You can get the Lobster Roll sandwich on the CS plan!)
Germany - Loved the buffet expierence. It's a must for us every trip and perfect for small kids - they love the food and the entertainment and my husband and I love the large beers as well as their smiling faces!
Tutto - Great ambience and service. Kids also loved this restaurant. We thought the food here was ok. Nothing amazing although the Cannoli was the best I've ever had.
Sci Fi Dine in Theater - This one wasn't a part of our plan. It was a last minute decision, and I'm glad we did it. Kids LOVED it. And so did my husband and I. Best service, great shakes, burgers and desserts. The expierence makes you feel like your in a real drive in. Very cool and highly recomended for families.
BOMA - Big disapointment. After reading so many great reviews, I had this one at the top of our list. It was difficult for our family to travel here, with a stroller and jump 2 buses. The food was not that great. Chicken, meats, pasta salads and these Zebra Domes everyone talks about. I dont get it. Nothing fabulous or worth going out of your way for.
Cape May Character Breakfast - Very good breakfast varieties, and good character intereraction - Goofy, Donald and Minne. Great pictures and a good time.
Also liked the Goofy Candy Company at Downtown Disney for snack points - Chocolate/Candy dipped Mickey rice krispy treats - yum!

SBETigg
09-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Different strokes, I guess. I've really enjoyed Boma, especially the soups, but I find no reason to return to Germany's buffet. Though I can see the effort to get to Boma with little ones might have been more than it was worth. Still, there's something for everyone at WDW. I'm glad you had some good times, good meals.

faline
09-04-2013, 05:15 PM
We went to the bakery several times during our recent stay at Boardwalk - such yummy treats - good thing calories don't accrue while you're on vacation - at least that's what I've been told!! ;)

Lindsey310
09-04-2013, 06:53 PM
We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas, and enjoyed the onsite bakery restaurant (You can get the Lobster Roll sandwich on the CS plan!)
Germany - Loved the buffet expierence. It's a must for us every trip and perfect for small kids - they love the food and the entertainment and my husband and I love the large beers as well as their smiling faces!
Tutto - Great ambience and service. Kids also loved this restaurant. We thought the food here was ok. Nothing amazing although the Cannoli was the best I've ever had.
Sci Fi Dine in Theater - This one wasn't a part of our plan. It was a last minute decision, and I'm glad we did it. Kids LOVED it. And so did my husband and I. Best service, great shakes, burgers and desserts. The expierence makes you feel like your in a real drive in. Very cool and highly recomended for families.
BOMA - Big disapointment. After reading so many great reviews, I had this one at the top of our list. It was difficult for our family to travel here, with a stroller and jump 2 buses. The food was not that great. Chicken, meats, pasta salads and these Zebra Domes everyone talks about. I dont get it. Nothing fabulous or worth going out of your way for.
Cape May Character Breakfast - Very good breakfast varieties, and good character intereraction - Goofy, Donald and Minne. Great pictures and a good time.
Also liked the Goofy Candy Company at Downtown Disney for snack points - Chocolate/Candy dipped Mickey rice krispy treats - yum!

Agree with you on tutto..we ate here when it first opened and it was just ok. We prefer via Napoli.

Surprised about boma! We love it there and it has been consistently great.

Love cape may cafe...possibly my favorite character breakfast.

Haven't tried Sci Fi in years but I do hear the milk shakes are great!

45 days until I'm home at OKW!! :joy:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
09-05-2013, 02:27 AM
I love the experience at Sci-fi, but I won't go again. It is just too expensive for what you get.

Ms. Mode
09-05-2013, 07:30 AM
I've been wanting to try Biergarten but we just haven't all been ready yet...I think DH and I will try it next year when it's just the two of us.

We ate at Tutto once and it was great! The waiter picked my meal for me, because I just didn't have a clue what I was looking at. :blush:

We eat at Sci-FI every trip, my DD loves it there. Well, so do I really.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Well, we agree with you on Boma we didn't get it either. It was okay but nothing to repeat or get excited about.

pdrlkr
09-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the Reviews!Sorry you didn't like Boma. It remains one of our favorites. :eat:

darthmacho
09-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Boma is a favorite of mine too, and my kids love it. I enjoyed the soups, meats, hummus, and especially the desserts. Getting there can be a chore unless you are staying at the resort. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Glad you had a good trip.

pcoleman
09-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Hey I am not alone after all, I also read up on Boma and hated everything I tried. I ended up eating off the kids line with mac n cheese and chicken nuggets. I know I am in the minority with this one. Glad other meals were better.

1DisneyNut
09-10-2013, 03:36 PM
I hadn't posted about it because I was afraid of getting mobbed around here but we tried Boma and didn't care for it at all either. I am still puzzled as to what everybody raves about.

cer
09-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Hello.
My name is Carrie and I do not enjoy Boma for dinner.

That being said, they have a wonderful breakfast buffet. :thumbsup:

Everyone's tastes are so different. There are places that get hammered pretty hard here (San Angel Inn) where I have had great dining experiences. It makes me hesitate to put out a negative review of a place, because you just never know and I wouldn't want to keep anyone from trying a place and missing out on what could be a new favorite.

Back to Boma. It does get a lot of love here and the people who love Zebra Domes, well they really love the Zebra Domes! The Boma dinner flavors have just never appealed to me and we tried it, twice.

Boma breakfast = Yum! Well, I like it. (going back for more in January!) :D

disneynarula
09-13-2013, 09:16 AM
I guess that's why there are so many choices at WDW. We love Boma! I am not a fan of the Zebra Domes, however. We like the fish and all the different vegetarian options.

There are a few places that most people seem to love and we don't care for (O'Hana, Le Celier). I think if a place was truly terrible it would probably close down due to lack of customers.

Our kids love Sci Fi too. As long as you stick with burgers and sandwiches you really can't go wrong there.

We also really liked the Cape May character breakfast.

k10
09-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Nice to read your reviews! It's ok not to like a place, Boma in this example. WDW has such a selection, it's hard to like everything.

Sci-Fi, super glad to read that positive review. Going there in 10 days!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Hello.
My name is Carrie and I do not enjoy Boma for dinner.

That being said, they have a wonderful breakfast buffet. :thumbsup:

Everyone's tastes are so different. There are places that get hammered pretty hard here (San Angel Inn) where I have had great dining experiences. It makes me hesitate to put out a negative review of a place, because you just never know and I wouldn't want to keep anyone from trying a place and missing out on what could be a new favorite.

Back to Boma. It does get a lot of love here and the people who love Zebra Domes, well they really love the Zebra Domes! The Boma dinner flavors have just never appealed to me and we tried it, twice.

Boma breakfast = Yum! Well, I like it. (going back for more in January!) :D

LOL, totally agree. I always post my opinion and then remind everyone it is an OPINION because some people get mad when you bash their favorite restaurant.:blush: thought I was in the minority for not liking BOMA but see that I am not.

Pop Centurion
09-14-2013, 01:36 PM
All these Boma dislikes sadden me. :( I will now go run in front of a moving car. Hahahaha! J/K As said, everyone has different tastes. I'm sorry for those who had bad experiences. Personally Boma is my favorite and everyone I've taken there enjoyed it as well (wife, her niece & boyfriend, my niece)
I've also recommended it to 8 personal friends who all returned & thanked me because they liked it so much.

mdhiggin
09-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Our first experience with Boma was great. We went back another couple of trips, and I was disappointed. We didn't go back for a few years. We went again as a walk in while staying at AKV and loved it! Who knows? Great expectations may have soured it for me or maybe it was just not the best service or dietary changes. I've found that my favorite restaurants rotate. Any number of details can skew your view of a restaurant on any visit, opinions change. As of today, I love Boma. We shall see about tomorrow. ;)

DizneyFreak2002
09-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Wow, I'm shocked by the Boma dislikes... I'm one to call many meals at WDW bland and boring, but Boma wasn't that way for me... That being said, Whispering Canyon Cafe was the worst meal I ever had at WDW, yet people here and elsewhere online tend to love that place, so that proves different strokes for different folks.. Also, even though I enjoyed Boma, I thought Sanaa was much better... :thumbsup:

cer
09-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Wow, I'm shocked by the Boma dislikes... I'm one to call many meals at WDW bland and boring, but Boma wasn't that way for me... That being said, Whispering Canyon Cafe was the worst meal I ever had at WDW, yet people here and elsewhere online tend to love that place, so that proves different strokes for different folks.. Also, even though I enjoyed Boma, I thought Sanaa was much better... :thumbsup:

I have heard great things about Sanaa, too, but we have not made it there, yet...

RALPH
09-16-2013, 07:14 AM
We were there once in 2001, did not like it and have not returned. But food is so subjective. You have to try it for yourself and make up your own mind with your own taste buds. Not someone elses.