PDA

View Full Version : On-site percentage

disneygirlie11
09-03-2013, 05:18 PM
My husband and I were just watching the planning DVD and were wondering what percentage of guests stay on-site. He was wondering how many people can actually take advantage of EMH. Does anyone know if there are stats anywhere?

Altair
09-04-2013, 06:44 AM
A few years ago, I was surprised to find out there are more rooms on Disney property than in the entire Orlando area off-site. If I had to make a guess, I would say around 75% on-site vs. 25% off. :mickey:

DizneyRox
09-04-2013, 07:33 AM
They can get enough people into EMH to make you not want to be there. Lots of people plan around EMH, some plan to be there, others plan to avoid those parks like the plague.

brownie
09-04-2013, 07:50 AM
We try to avoid the park with extra magic hours in the morning. That park tends to be busier that day.

disneygirlie11
09-04-2013, 02:43 PM
We avoid them, too. I was just wondering if that info was available anywhere. He thought the majority of people probably stay on-site, so it isn't really a 'perk' per say ;). Thanks!

Fangorn
09-04-2013, 04:08 PM
He was wondering how many people can actually take advantage of EMH. Does anyone know if there are stats anywhere?

According to my research, there are a total of 27,624 rooms at all the Disney owned and operated hotels (that includes the campsites). There are another 6549 rooms at non-Disney hotels on property (Swan/Dolphin and hotel plaza area). So there are a total of 34,173 rooms elibible for EMH. Assuming 80% occupancy (but it's likely higher) and an average of 3 people per room, and you get 82,015.2 people eligible for EMH on an average day.

At 100% occupancy, assuming 4 people/room you'd have 136692 people eligible for EMH. There'd actually be a few more since some of those rooms are villas and could be occupied by 12 people. But another thousand people isn't going to make much difference at that point. ;)

Steve

Main Street Jim
09-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Downtown Disney/Hotel Plaza guests are not eligible for EMH.

Fangorn
09-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Downtown Disney/Hotel Plaza guests are not eligible for EMH.

Not sure about all of the hotels, but guests at the Hilton on Hotel Plaza Blvd at least, are eligible. The Hilton's website even touts it as a perk of staying there. Of course, it could well have changed and Hilton hasn't updated the site. ;)

Steve

brownie
09-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Not sure about all of the hotels, but guests at the Hilton on Hotel Plaza Blvd at least, are eligible. The Hilton's website even touts it as a perk of staying there. Of course, it could well have changed and Hilton hasn't updated the site. ;)

Steve

Yep, the Hilton on Hotel Plaza Blvd is included, as well as the Swan & Dolphin and Shades of Green.

Fangorn
09-06-2013, 11:07 PM
So, if the Hilton is the only hotel of the Hotel Blvd group eligible, that reduces the possible number of rooms to 31,262 and only 75K people on an "average" day. Much more manageable! :D

Steve

Katzateer
09-07-2013, 07:53 AM
If you are a morning person and get to the park early on EMH mornings it is worth it. We get to the bus stop one hour before scheduled park opening, end up waiting about 30 minutes at park gate to get in, eat granola bars or nuts to hold us over until a few hours later, then go straight to our favorites ( and pick up a fast pass along the way). We get a lot done in the first couple of hours the park is open then get out as the crowds build and hop to another park.

Late EMH hasn't done us much good the last few years unless you just want to walk around or sit and enjoy. Too crowded and long waits for rides most of the time.

Those numbers of guests that could be at park on EMH are huge!! thanks for figuring the possibilities out.:thumbsup:

TinyDancer
09-07-2013, 11:12 AM
If you are a morning person and get to the park early on EMH mornings it is worth it. We get to the bus stop one hour before scheduled park opening, end up waiting about 30 minutes at park gate to get in, eat granola bars or nuts to hold us over until a few hours later, then go straight to our favorites ( and pick up a fast pass along the way). We get a lot done in the first couple of hours the park is open then get out as the crowds build and hop to another park.

This must be the "Amish Country" way of doing things as I (well, at my Mom's) live off of 896S just outside Amish Country and that's exactly how we do it!!!

Rebecca

Katzateer
09-07-2013, 09:19 PM
This must be the "Amish Country" way of doing things as I (well, at my Mom's) live off of 896S just outside Amish Country and that's exactly how we do it!!!

Rebecca

Lol. Actually we are from Indiana and lived in Ohio before moving here a few years ago! It is just the SMART way to attack EMH.:thumbsup:

disneygirlie11
09-08-2013, 02:30 PM
According to my research, there are a total of 27,624 rooms at all the Disney owned and operated hotels (that includes the campsites). There are another 6549 rooms at non-Disney hotels on property (Swan/Dolphin and hotel plaza area). So there are a total of 34,173 rooms elibible for EMH. Assuming 80% occupancy (but it's likely higher) and an average of 3 people per room, and you get 82,015.2 people eligible for EMH on an average day.

At 100% occupancy, assuming 4 people/room you'd have 136692 people eligible for EMH. There'd actually be a few more since some of those rooms are villas and could be occupied by 12 people. But another thousand people isn't going to make much difference at that point. ;)

Steve

Thank you for doing all that math! :thumbsup:
When you look at it that way it is incredible!

Wells
09-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Being APs
We usually stay off site,however, morning EMH does benefit us in this way;
A lot of on site guests do take advantage of the early EMH especially those with park hoppers,
This leaves the EMH park less crowded later in the day,and. the other parks with the same normal opening time less crowed eailier in the day.

Main Street Jim
09-08-2013, 07:38 PM
A *good* normal "summer-vacation" type crowd at Magic Kingdom is about 35,000 people.

You'll see *crowds* over 60,000 mostly during Easter, 4th of July, Christmas, and New Year's at MK.

I highly doubt that that many people are doing EMH at MK.