PDA

View Full Version : Pathway between Indy race cars and railroad tracks?

spoiledraf
09-03-2013, 02:39 PM
There is a path / sidewalk behind the Indy Racers near the Railway that goes to Fantasy Land. Is that open or for CMs only? Looks like a way to avoid some crowds.

Fangorn
09-03-2013, 03:11 PM
It's open to everyone. It's pretty unknown and lightly used.

Steve

VWL Mom
09-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Te path runs from the train station to Tomorrowland. Great little shortcut.

MCeee
09-03-2013, 04:38 PM
We used that walkway after exiting the train and heading over to Space Mountain many times... very peaceful and very lightly used.

Giggy
09-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Mostly I knew this as the path I could see from the railroad where the railings used to change from blue to green when you switched between lands. Don't know what it is but this path is something I always associate with nostalgic feelings. :mickey:

It is a good shortcut between the two lands, taking you straight into Tomorrowland. Don't tell everyone though... it is nice that it isn't crowded! :secret:

Pirate Granny
09-03-2013, 09:16 PM
It's a wonderful trick or treat spot during the parties.

mgmnut
09-03-2013, 09:59 PM
We Love that path!!

MK could be packed and still hardly anyone on the path. Pops out right next to Space Mountain to boot. Great way to break free from the crowds but and still keep moving.

A couple weeks ago we only saw maybe 4 or 5 other people the whole pathway, and the park was pretty hoppin that day. We grabbed some mickey bahs and took a nice quiet walk to Space Mountain while we ate them.

1DisneyNut
09-03-2013, 10:17 PM
We haven't taken that path in several years. I will have to make sure to take a stroll on our next trip.

Susan A
09-03-2013, 10:20 PM
I seem to remember benches along the walkway. I think I've seen people sitting on them from the train ride. Looks like a great place to rest.

Arielfan98
09-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Yes there is such a path and is a great tool for Disney experts. Do keep in mind the path is open for smokers and there is an area along the side of the path where guide dogs can go.