PDA

View Full Version : Favorite CS in DHS?

Lindslou
09-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Do people have a favorite CS restaurant at DHS? I'm looking to break out of the burger/hot dog/chicken sandwich rut.

Thanks in advance!

Kairi_7378
09-02-2013, 09:57 PM
I loved my meal at starring rolls on our last trip.

Backlot express also gets good reviews on this board. Dh enjoyed his sandwich there on a past trip. I had a problem with the salad I ordered but would try again sometime.

Arielfan98
09-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Definitely the Backlot Express!!! It's located near Indiana Jones and has everything you're asking for.

Their menu features:
1/3 lb. Angus Onion Straw Bacon Cheeseburger - with house sauce, served with French fries or carrot sticks $10.49

1/3 lb. Angus Bacon Cheeseburger - with house sauce, served with French fries or carrot sticks $9.39

Buffalo Chicken Breast Nuggets (8 pieces) - served with French fries or carrot sticks $9.19

Chicken Breast Nuggets (8 pieces) - served with French fries or carrot sticks $8.69

Chili Dog - add cheese or onions, served with French fries or carrot sticks $8.99

Hot Dog - served with French fries or carrot sticks $6.99

Southwest Salad with Chicken - mixed greens, crisp corn tortilla, black bean relish, avocado, and cilantro vinaigrette $8.49

Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad - mixed greens, red onion, tomato, green peas and zinfandel vinaigrette $6.49

Grilled Turkey & Cheese - multigrain ciabatta with arugula and red peppers served with French fries or carrot sticks $8.99

Grilled Vegetable Sandwich - basil asiago artisan bread, mushrooms, red peppers, zucchini, tomato, watercress and cheese with sundried tomato pesto, served with carrot sticks or french fries $8.99

YUM :tasty: This place is typically crowded though, so you will have to fight for a table inside, but definitely worth it! I recommend the Southwest Salad!

Wells
09-03-2013, 12:25 AM
I like the antipasto salad at Pizza Express!

kakn7294
09-03-2013, 02:48 AM
I don't like the dining options in DHS so my favorite place is Peevy's Frozen Concoctions - the place that sells the frozen Cokes. If I have to choose a place with actual food, it's Backlot Express.

ANG
09-03-2013, 10:14 AM
I remember having an awesome salad at ABC commissary.

etibbetts
09-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Another vote for Backlot Express - I love the Buffalo Nuggets!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-03-2013, 06:06 PM
We love Starring Rolls, gourmet sandwiches and pastries yum

Lindslou
09-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks all! I've never tried Starring Rolls so maybe I'll give that a shot. = )

16 days to go!

:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
09-06-2013, 08:56 AM
There's a decent curry at the ABC Commissary.

There are also Conewiches being offerred at Min and Bill's Dockside Diner (on Echo Lake in the SS Down the Hatch). I personally cannot wait to try one! :thumbsup:

brownie
09-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Starring Rolls for breakfast; love those cinnamon rolls! For lunch, our favorite is Backlot Express. I really like the turkey sandwich there and I like looking at all the different "shop" areas.

MarkC
09-06-2013, 03:33 PM
The Commissary has a good Cuban sandwich as well. We've always had good luck there although I know some people don't like it.

Dulcee
09-07-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned fairfax fare. We enjoy the BBQ and on the rib/chicken platter is big enough for two.

My2Sons
09-08-2013, 03:31 PM
This may sound crazy - but I absolutely love Pizza Planet! I like the little salad they give you and the pizza is actually really, really good! Very filling, too.

PCruzer
09-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Like the Cucumber & Cantaloupe Salad at Backlot Express.

Lindsey310
09-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Nice selection at backlot express. We have had consistently good food there :thumbsup:

41 days!!!!!!! :mpumpkin:

Pop Centurion
09-09-2013, 09:20 PM
We always go to Backlot Express for the Grilled Turkey & Cheese.

Occasionally if we're hungry during EMH's we will share a pizza & caesar salad from Catalina Eddies. Yes it's the same bland Disney pizza but it's fun to sit there and enjoy the atmosphere, people watching, and listening to the ToT BGM. It makes you forget how bad the pizza is. ;)

DANAM
09-09-2013, 10:32 PM
We like Backlot Express. Something for everyone kind of place but i did have an amazing sandwich from Staring Rolls. I have actually taken sandwiches to go as we were leaving the park. So if you want to grab something on your way out this would make a perfect meal. Sandwich is hugeyou could eat off of them twice!

Lindslou
09-09-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned fairfax fare. We enjoy the BBQ and on the rib/chicken platter is big enough for two.

Hmm... had no idea that Fairfax even existed! Interesting option. My DH would be happy about some bbq for sure.