PDA

View Full Version : Weird question: just got BOG ressies for 2, can we "take turns"

lawgirl
09-02-2013, 02:03 PM
I know this may sound strange, but we are all so curious about BOG. I woke up at 4am on our "180 day out" dining window, and it was completely booked. I've been trying for 3 months to get a ressie, and I just got one! But its only for a party of 2. There are 4 total of us going to MVMCP that night. Of course I'll keep trying for a bigger party, or for another reservation for 2, but in the event I can't get another reservation, (and I know this may sound completely crazy), but can we "share" the reservation and "switch out", so that 2 people start with appetizers/entrees, then the next 2 come in and order dessert and wine? Or like 1 person leaves, then the next person comes in, etc...?

I realize this sounds crazy, but we are all mostly curious about the inside, and the dining experience, not necessarily about the food (even though we are looking forward to it!). We only have that one night where we'll be in the MK, and I don't know when we'll be back and even able to get reservations for BOG. We would do lunch, but we are only there for the evening party.

Do they regulate that at all? I've never experienced that at a Disney restaurant, but I know several times my hubby will take my son out to run around, then come back to the table later to finish up. Do they care/notice if one person leaves and comes back? (BTW, my sister and I look like twins almost, so I doubt they'd notice us switching!).

I'd appreciate thoughts and comments (and go easy on the criticism! I know its nuts, but I think its also nuts that BOG is this impossible to get in!). Thanks all!

ANG
09-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Sounds interesting! If you do the dining plan, they probably won't allow it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Getting into Be Our Guest is like trying to steal gold from Fort Knox. Seriously, they very carefully control who they let in, so I think you'd have lots of issues trying to get into the restaurant to make the switch. There were CM's on the entrance to the bridge, and then more CM's at the gate, and more at the door ... there was no getting by them, and I don't think they go for "we're phase 2 of a dinner reservation".

Believe it or not, but I didn't get our BOG ADR until the week before our trip ... keep trying, they do pop up sometimes.

If you're just interested in the decor, is there any way you could fit in a lunch. The line looked long, but we were in and eating within 30 minutes. Plus, it was more fun to be able to wander around at lunch and look at what we wanted.

lawgirl
09-02-2013, 03:56 PM
I figured it would be pretty hard to get in/out of. And it kinda defeats the purpose of spending time together! I may just have to let it go.

MargaretMessler
09-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Definitely keep trying, because people do unfortunately have to make cancelations. And definitely consider lunch as an alternative.

TheDuckRocks
09-03-2013, 12:40 PM
I know you want us to "go easy on the criticism" but to me this idea not only sounds "nuts" but is very rude to the next party of 2 with ADRs who is waiting for a table to open up. I'm biasing what I'm thinking on having worked in restaurants and know that this switch you are wanting to do will take far longer than the average time it would normally take 2 people to eat dinner. Not a good idea.

BrerGnat
09-03-2013, 12:46 PM
This is really a weird question, I am going to be honest.

I would probably just show up with 4, mention that you had two extras join you, and see if there is any way you can be accommodated.

Or, just keep looking for ANOTHER ADR for 2 around the same time so you can all at least eat at the same time in the same place.

I would not even consider trying what you are thinking about.

magicofdisney
09-03-2013, 02:02 PM
All 4 can show up and simply order 2 meals. :mickey:

lawgirl
09-03-2013, 02:11 PM
I gave it up. I was so excited about finally getting something of a reservation, and I was trying so hard to figure out a way to make it work (and just for the record, I wasn't at all planning on stretching this out to a 4 hour dinner or anything like that. We always try to be as conscientious and respectful of others as we can.) It was just a crazy idea I had while brainstorming and yes I do realize it is pretty crazy and weird, and it really was not a good idea, especially since the most important thing is being together. Thanks for all the input and hopefully I'll get lucky closer to our date.

lawgirl
09-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I know you want us to "go easy on the criticism" but to me this idea not only sounds "nuts" but is very rude to the next party of 2 with ADRs who is waiting for a table to open up. I'm biasing what I'm thinking on having worked in restaurants and know that this switch you are wanting to do will take far longer than the average time it would normally take 2 people to eat dinner. Not a good idea.

Thanks for your input. I agree. And as we always go out of our way to be so conscientious and respectful of others and of rules, this would not be a good plan. It was really more of a crazy brainstorm, which would never have worked anyway. And, yep, pretty "nuts". Thanks!

TheDuckRocks
09-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks for your input. I agree. And as we always go out of our way to be so conscientious and respectful of others and of rules, this would not be a good plan. It was really more of a crazy brainstorm, which would never have worked anyway. And, yep, pretty "nuts". Thanks!

I'm hoping that you will be able to get the additional seats you need. Here's another thought - maybe you and your sister could go together and let your husbands have guy bonding time.