PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Rumored Configuration

VWL Mom
09-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Even though this is from a fairly reliable source I'm still listing this as a rumor until confirmed by DVC.

The Poly DVC's will be all studios located in the longhouses (sounds like Tahiti and possibly Rapi Nui). The 20 bungalows over the water will be Grand Villas. There are no 1 or 2 bedrooms in the works.

Pretty disappointing for my family but I guess it will work for many others.

Also, construction at the Poly is slated to start in September and will effect some room views. Neverland Club will be closed starting in January through April 1, 2014.

DizneyFreak2002
09-02-2013, 10:24 AM
The plan has been cut from the original plan... Tikiman has the information up on his site... I don't think DVC is the seller it once was... Time to stop being a real estate company Disney and get back to your theme park business in Orlando!!! You saturated your DVC market enough!!!

joonyer
09-02-2013, 12:05 PM
The plan has been cut from the original plan... Tikiman has the information up on his site... I don't think DVC is the seller it once was... Time to stop being a real estate company Disney and get back to your theme park business in Orlando!!! You saturated your DVC market enough!!!

:ditto: :exactly:

DVC Mike
09-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Even though this is from a fairly reliable source I'm still listing this as a rumor until confirmed by DVC.

The Poly DVC's will be all studios located in the longhouses (sounds like Tahiti and possibly Rapi Nui). The 20 bungalows over the water will be Grand Villas. There are no 1 or 2 bedrooms in the works.

Pretty disappointing for my family but I guess it will work for many others.

Also, construction at the Poly is slated to start in September and will effect some room views. Neverland Club will be closed starting in January through April 1, 2014.

Tikiman's rumors keep changing. Yes, believe some sort of DVC is coming to the Poly, but I'm just waiting to see what actually takes place.

DizneyFreak2002
09-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Some people have started receiving letters from Disney saying Sunset Point and some of the beach will be closed at the end of October... Sounds like prepping for the start of the bungalows for the DVC...

Aurora
09-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Disappointed if it turns out to be true that there won't be any 1- or 2-bedroom villas. Our family has been holding back on buying more points until the Poly villas were built, knowing that rooms here would be nearly impossible to get without the 11-month booking advantage.

But we won't need to buy points here if it's only going to be studios and grand villas. Won't fit our needs at all. :(

buzznwoodysmom
09-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Tikiman's rumors keep changing. Yes, believe some sort of DVC is coming to the Poly, but I'm just waiting to see what actually takes place.

I am fairly certain that Tikiman's "rumors" keep changing because Disney's plans keep changing. He isn't reporting anything he isn't getting directly from his reliable contacts with Disney. I have followed his site long enough to know that his information is usually "spot on".

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2013, 09:05 PM
I am fairly certain that Tikiman's "rumors" keep changing because Disney's plans keep changing. He isn't reporting anything he isn't getting directly from his reliable contacts with Disney. I have followed his site long enough to know that his information is usually "spot on".

Exactly... Plans change daily, hourly, every minute... Just because something is true today, doesn't mean it was true yesterday or will be tomorrow... And also, these are rumors, nothing officially announced... And even when things are officially announced, plans tend to change and get altered...

I give tikiman the benefit of the doubt... :thumbsup:

tikiman
09-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Construction for the DVC bungalows started today. They closed off the beach in front of Tahiti and around Sunset Point to part of the Hawaii beach.

tikiman
09-16-2013, 02:55 PM

There was a very large layout concept for the resort that was moving forward most of this year but after some discussions where Imagineering flew out to the Polynesian and some internal meetings the whole plan was scaled back. At this point the 20 bungalows will go in and Tahiti and Rapa Nui will be converted to connecting studios. I don’t believe the additional pool made the cut but a redesign of most of the volcano pool (the volcano specifically) and an enlarging of the pool deck along with a new wet play area back near the arcade will be part of the new plan.

Aurora
09-16-2013, 05:26 PM
There was a very large layout concept for the resort that was moving forward most of this year but after some discussions where Imagineering flew out to the Polynesian and some internal meetings the whole plan was scaled back. At this point the 20 bungalows will go in and Tahiti and Rapa Nui will be converted to connecting studios. I don’t believe the additional pool made the cut but a redesign of most of the volcano pool (the volcano specifically) and an enlarging of the pool deck along with a new wet play area back near the arcade will be part of the new plan.

Tikiman -- are they calling the stand=alone units bungalows and not grand villas? And any idea how many people the studios and bungalows will sleep? Just curious because depending on this answer, we may be back in the market for the Poly DVC.

tikiman
09-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Tikiman -- are they calling the stand=alone units bungalows and not grand villas? And any idea how many people the studios and bungalows will sleep? Just curious because depending on this answer, we may be back in the market for the Poly DVC.

Well those involved in the project are calling the bungalows Grand Villas but I stopped calling them that because it causes too much controversy on message forums. They will sleep 8 so people are saying they can’t be Grand Villas but Disney can call them whatever they want to and that is what they are saying they are. Many people involved have said that the bungalows will be the highest price point out of all DVCs.

I don’t know how many the studios will sleep but the layout has expanded the bathroom area into the existing bedroom area. Since the Polynesian rooms are so much larger than any other DVC studio it looks like they can fit more in there like two queens and a day bed.

Aurora
09-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Well those involved in the project are calling the bungalows Grand Villas but I stopped calling them that because it causes too much controversy on message forums. They will sleep 8 so people are saying they can’t be Grand Villas but Disney can call them whatever they want to and that is what they are saying they are. Many people involved have said that the bungalows will be the highest price point out of all DVCs.

I don’t know how many the studios will sleep but the layout has expanded the bathroom area into the existing bedroom area. Since the Polynesian rooms are so much larger than any other DVC studio it looks like they can fit more in there like two queens and a day bed.

Interesting that they are calling the bungalows GVs. Yes, they can call them whatever they want, but it's a pretty weird marketing decision IMHO to just throw out your own branding of room types when you already have 12 other DVC resorts that use that standard. I hope that changes.

If the studios turn out to sleep five, even without a full kitchen or washer/dryer, we may consider it.

Aurora
09-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Disney officially announced the project today:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-polynesian-vacation-club-20130917,0,3846096.story

Sentinel is wrong on number of DVC resorts -- this is actually the 9th at WDW and the 13th overall, counting the Grand Floridian. No official announcement on number of units at the Poly or their sizes.

tikiman
09-17-2013, 12:04 PM
I believe there will be about 250 including the 20 bungalows.

John
09-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Just chiming in... Tikiman, I love your site. Well done! Great info.

tikiman
09-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Just chiming in... Tikiman, I love your site. Well done! Great info.

Thanks John.

Maybe the hate mail I have been getting will go away from those who have been telling me I am spreading lies and rumors.

Aurora
09-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks John.

Maybe the hate mail I have been getting will go away from those who have been telling me I am spreading lies and rumors.

I second John. I've been reading your site for quite awhile and it's awesome. :mickey:

Ignore the haters. In real life, those are the people to whom you'd give a very wide berth.

John
09-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Thanks John.

Don't count on it - haters gonna hate. All you can hope for is that the good far outweigh the bad. Anyway - you do great work and I check the site regularly. I like you have a great appreciation and fondness for the Polynesian - in fact, I'll be there in three weeks!

BrerEmma
10-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Will the old Tangaroa Terrace building be used for the DVC expansion? That building has set empty for years. It would be great to see empty or former space being used and not setting empty. Mickey:

tikiman
10-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Will the old Tangaroa Terrace building be used for the DVC expansion? That building has set empty for years. It would be great to see empty or former space being used and not setting empty. Mickey:

I wish it would be used but so far I have not seen any ideas or concepts that open it back up. It is still in use but to prepare in-room dinning. And they sometimes use it for events.