PDA

View Full Version : Sun Pass

steamboat willy
08-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Just got my Sun Pass sticker in the mail. Whoop Whoop. Leaving in 33 days for our Disney Trip. Driving :car: from NC, after we get on I-4 in FL, we use our SUN PASS and get on SR 417 Toll Road in Sanford and drive straight to the Front Gate of Walt Disney World without stopping... by-passing all the Orlando TRAFFIC. This is the best Fast Pass of the trip for only a Snack Credit!
Anyone else take advantage of the Sunshine Greenway? :cool:

faline
08-30-2013, 12:53 PM
We used the mini sunpass sticker on our trip last week - easy peasy.

WRWDisney
08-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Bought one two years ago and love it! Only thing is to convince my GPS that I really mean it when I head out on the Greenway:blush:

Goofy4TheWorld
08-30-2013, 09:56 PM
Doh! I have got to order mine soon. I use the Turnpike to 429 route and it's like driving down my driveway it's so easy.

T-Belle
08-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Ok my friends, this is new to me and I hope you don't mind answering some questions. The Sun Pass sticker is only $5.00? Given the number of tolls, that sure does sound like a good deal! How do you buy one in advance? Are they available at the Welcome Center? Thanks in advance for your answers.

AgentC
08-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Ok my friends, this is new to me and I hope you don't mind answering some questions. The Sun Pass sticker is only $5.00? Given the number of tolls, that sure does sound like a good deal! How do you buy one in advance? Are they available at the Welcome Center? Thanks in advance for your answers.

You can order them online. The SunPass website lists all the sites to purchase and offers online purchase.

T-Belle
08-31-2013, 09:32 AM
You can order them online. The SunPass website lists all the sites to purchase and offers online purchase.

Thank You!!

Disney4us2
08-31-2013, 11:21 AM
I got mine from the vending machine at the Welcome Center. Once we got to our room in Pensacola I went to the web site to activate it and put money in the account. It was very easy.

I used yesterday on the Polk Hwy after going out to where my apt is going to be. We were heading back to Kissimmee. Polk Hwy was so quick getting out Winter Haven. Much better than taking the regular roads.

faline
08-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Ok my friends, this is new to me and I hope you don't mind answering some questions. The Sun Pass sticker is only $5.00?

The sticker is $5.00 but that does not cover any of your tolls. In addition to having a sticker, you need to set up an account with Sun Pass and put money into your account. As you go through the tolls, the toll amounts will be deducted from the amount you put in your account.

barnaby
08-31-2013, 07:31 PM
I got my Sunpass for last years trip and just used it again this year. Total tolls were around $12.

steamboat willy
09-01-2013, 11:02 AM

I get my SunPass online at SunPass.com If you need to talk to a person there is a 800 number as well. Have your license number, your tag number and your VISA card number and it's really simple.
I had a balance left on from last year and it automatically transferred over to my new sticker. You can leave the original sticker on if you don't mind something the size of a big bandade up next to your rear view mirror.
As one of the PP said, it is about $6 bucks one way but I mean you literally drive straight to your DISNEY Exit without stopping. Get your Gas/Bathroom/Food out of the way before getting on in Sanford because it does cost some change (25 cents) I think to Exit the Greenway.
$4.99 for the sticker and then you can load with what ever amount you will need. I usually have $15 dollars on mine, that will cover the trip down and back with a little left over for next trip. Enjoy Da Ride. :thumbsup: