PDA

View Full Version : San Angel Inn and DDP

GrmGrninGost
08-29-2013, 09:48 AM
I am curious about using the dining plan at San Angel Inn. There is a traditional Mexican Dinner listed on one website's menus. Under that it has Disney Dining Plan in parenthesis. Does that mean DDP users HAVE to order the Traditional Mexican Dinner or is it just letting you know it is available for the plan? We are trying to decide which restaurants to pay out of pocket and which ones to use the dining plan with. This would definitely be a PoP if we had to order the traditional dinner. Thanks for any input.:mickey:

Bay Lake
08-29-2013, 10:06 AM
We ate here last year on the DDP and I ordered the Traditional Mexican Dinner, it is covered under the plan, but that is what you get no choices. My other family member chose items off the menu.

SBETigg
08-29-2013, 10:26 AM
It means it is covered if you choose to order that, but you can order anything off the menu. It does not mean that if you're on the dining plan, you have to order that.

Other restaurants have similar situations. In some restaurants, there are meal deals that include appetizer-entree-dessert and a lot of DP people are not sure if they can order them on DP, which is generally just entree-dessert-drink. So, the Dining Plan in parenthesis is just to make sure that people on the plan know it is an acceptable option. Any entree off the menu at San Angel Inn is allowed as a choice on the Dining Plan.

Arielfan98
08-29-2013, 11:48 AM
I recently ate there on my last trip. Depending on what dining plan you're one (I'm guessing the regular one with 1 TS and 1CS credit a day) you get one entree and one dessert with your meal. Yes, the 3 course meal is included if you would like to do that option (a steal if you paid for the regular DP) however, it is a pre-fixe and you would have to eat what they pick on that menu. This restaurant is ok, but I don't think it was any better than my local Mexican restaurant not to mention the salsa at SAI is not very good. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Disney Goof
08-29-2013, 12:46 PM
The ambiance is nice in this restuarant, but the food is not very good. I would skip it altogether.:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
08-29-2013, 03:50 PM
It means it is covered if you choose to order that, but you can order anything off the menu. It does not mean that if you're on the dining plan, you have to order that.

Other restaurants have similar situations. In some restaurants, there are meal deals that include appetizer-entree-dessert and a lot of DP people are not sure if they can order them on DP, which is generally just entree-dessert-drink. So, the Dining Plan in parenthesis is just to make sure that people on the plan know it is an acceptable option. Any entree off the menu at San Angel Inn is allowed as a choice on the Dining Plan.
Awesome! Thanks! :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
08-29-2013, 03:52 PM
I recently ate there on my last trip. Depending on what dining plan you're one (I'm guessing the regular one with 1 TS and 1CS credit a day) you get one entree and one dessert with your meal. Yes, the 3 course meal is included if you would like to do that option (a steal if you paid for the regular DP) however, it is a pre-fixe and you would have to eat what they pick on that menu. This restaurant is ok, but I don't think it was any better than my local Mexican restaurant not to mention the salsa at SAI is not very good. Hope this helps :thumbsup:
Is a great help! Thanks!:mickey:

Anthony007
08-29-2013, 06:06 PM
We at there for dinner on Aug 19th, I had the traditional Mexican meal, and it was the best meal of the trip. Beat out chef mickeys, BoG, Ohanas, and many others!

#1donaldfan
09-12-2013, 12:40 PM
The ambiance is nice in this restuarant, but the food is not very good. I would skip it altogether.:mickey:

I agree !! The atmosphere is incredible, but the food is terrible. We tried it twice and both times was horrible.......

SBETigg
09-12-2013, 12:44 PM
I agree !! The atmosphere is incredible, but the food is terrible. We tried it twice and both times was horrible.......

A lot of people say this, but we've always had good food and service. Except for one rubbery chicken incident. The rest of my meal was good, but the chicken had issues. Maybe it depends on what you order?

cer
09-12-2013, 12:55 PM
I stayed away from this place because of negative reviews and when we tried it we had a great experience. Like most of these things, you need to try it for yourself and draw your own conclusions. :)

JerseyDad
09-12-2013, 02:15 PM
...San Angel Inn was on our ADR list for 9 of 11 vists since 2004

....the food has unfortunately slipped in quality.

....a few yrs ago they changed up their menu with some "upscale dining" type dishes (including duck!) ...and then that went away. I think it was a "test' to see if people would go for food like that.

....now ..those 'upscale' dishes are served across the way at La Hacienda de San Angel. (we just ate their 2 weeks ago...very good ..as it was last year too).

...if you want the 'atmosphere' of San Angel Inn ...have a few margaritas in La Cava del Tequila ...do some shopping in the marketplace ...and do the the boat ride (repeat as needed):marg::marg::marg: