PDA

View Full Version : Earliest Ressies/Yachtsman's vs. Narcoosee's?

Main Street Jim
08-27-2013, 07:42 PM
OK, kiddos...time for some more dining questions...

1) What's the earliest time you can book for, say, Crystal Palace breakfast? Might be doing this on our first day in the parks.

2) Reading about all the 'steak" threads...*MMMMmmmmm*...having never really had one outside of Le Cellier at the 'World...I'm seeing Narcoosee's and Yachtman's seem to be the choices. Is it possible to get ressies at Narcoossee's and see the MK fireworks (I mean, can you see them from the restaurant, or thereabouts)? We could also time our meal to be ending around fireworks time and Monorail to the park.

3) Are either of the two above-mentioned places available on the dining plan? I haven't checked yet myself...:P

Capt_redshirt
08-27-2013, 08:52 PM
1) i think the earliest is about 8 am or so but check with the opening time for the park to be specific.

2) Im not sure ive not eaten At narcoossee's so i cant answer that

3) Yes to both yachtsman and narcoosee's they will be 2 TS points

spoiledraf
08-27-2013, 10:00 PM
There are window tables at Narcoosees where you could watch the fireworks from but....the is a wrap around porch/deck, not very wide, but enough for people to stand on right in front of your window view. If you really want to see the fireworks you should schedule dinner early enough to finish before Wishes start. Then go outside and watch from the deck. We been lucky once or twice and had a decent view but it's hit or miss. As usual they pipe in the music both inside and on the deck. Great restaurant. It's a must do for our family. And we'll be hitting the Yachtsman this trip as well.

Crystal Palace first reservation time is 8:05 am.

Your title ask which has earlier resevations. Narcoossees starts at 5:30, Yachtsman at 5:00

pox24
08-28-2013, 09:03 AM
No contest.... Narcoosee's!

SBETigg
08-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Narcoossee's is my favorite of the two, Narcoossee's and Yachtsman's. If you're into serious steak, you might be thinking Yachtsman. Not my favorite place, but they do have the glorious aged beef on display for you and many cuts to choose from. Narcoossee's has one steak dish and it's filet mignon (as they tend to be at Disney's Signature non-steak specialty places, and no complaints here). Narcoossee's is definitely not the main choice for steak at WDW. As I said, they do have a delicious filet, but so does every other Signature restaurant on property like California Grill (when it reopens) or Jiko or Artist Point or... well, see list of Signature dining. And if you really want great steak, focus on the steak, multiple cuts, go to Shula's (not on the dining plan).

At Narcoossee's, even if you have a window seat, you might prefer to step out to the deck for a better view of the fireworks. And if viewing is your goal, you might want to plan your visit within an hour of the fireworks time. They will plan your food service around the fireworks time and cover your food if you have been served and choose to step out. But if you prefer early dining, I believe they invite you to return to use their viewing decks later.

Also, if you didn't want to splurge for Signature Dining (two credits on the plan), you can find very good steak dishes at many of the restaurants on property. Like Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe, The Wave, Kouzzina, Raglan Road... the list is really long.