PDA

View Full Version : 15 years since Harry Potter was released

Katzateer
08-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Doesn't seem that long ago. I can still remember reading the first book with my oldest - we would read the book out loud together every night for her school reading at home program(RAH).

By the time the second book came out we were in line at Kroger at midnight to snatch up 2 copies-one for each of us. I passed my copies on to my youngest when she was old enough to read them ( Stephanie was 3 when the first book came out and did not want to read them until she was around 10- once she read the first one she was hooked)

Fun times! Thanks J.K.Rowling for great family fun!

Ms. Mode
08-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Time flies, doesn't it....unless you have a Disney countdown going! :thumbsup:

LauraF
08-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Wow, time does fly!

I remember those came out while I was student teaching and it was all my class could talk about. :D

DisneyDog
09-11-2013, 07:47 PM
DH and I read all the books and DS read them when he was old enough. My rule was he could read them when he was capable of reading them himself, and he couldn't see the corresponding movie until he had read the book. He devoured them once he started. He finished them all by the time he turned 9.

So, last week, he turned 11, the same age Harry was when he got his Hogwarts acceptance letter. I used MS Word and created a Hogwarts acceptance letter for DS, included the seal in color on top of the letter, a watermark on the page, and even a wax seal outside. I left it on his bed, under the wing of his Hedwig stuff animal. He was thrilled beyond belief. It was a very fun birthday :party:

Katzateer
09-12-2013, 08:03 AM
DH and I read all the books and DS read them when he was old enough. My rule was he could read them when he was capable of reading them himself, and he couldn't see the corresponding movie until he had read the book. He devoured them once he started. He finished them all by the time he turned 9.

So, last week, he turned 11, the same age Harry was when he got his Hogwarts acceptance letter. I used MS Word and created a Hogwarts acceptance letter for DS, included the seal in color on top of the letter, a watermark on the page, and even a wax seal outside. I left it on his bed, under the wing of his Hedwig stuff animal. He was thrilled beyond belief. It was a very fun
birthday :party:

:thumbsup: Very cool!