PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning Problem in Honda Odyssey

Mr. Brass Bonanza
08-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Greetings! I have a 2007 Honda Odysessy EX-L and the air conditioning no longer has cool air coming out. When I turn it up to a high temperature, it gets warm, but no cooling when I turn it down to cool...just regular air temperature like a fan...so I thought it was the refrigerant. I I bought one of those cans with the gauge assembly and tested the pressure before beginning, and the pressure is actually a little higher than it should be (70 psi...should be around 45-50 psi), and I can hear the air spit out when I disconnect the guage. So, it seems there is definitely refrigerant in there.

So...what do I do now? If there is more than enough refrigerant in there--which I assume because of the pressure--what can it be?

Thanks!

BrerGnat
08-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Take it into a mechanic. There are a lot of things that can cause this.

This recently happened to my husband's car (also a Honda). Turns out, it was a small part (forgot the name) that basically turns on and off the condenser. The part had become sort of warped, due to overheating, and it got "stuck" in the "off" position, so the fan was blowing, but the condenser was not kicking on and letting the cool air in. The part had to be replaced. It was not cheap but the AC is back to being fully functional again.