PDA

View Full Version : California Grill/Fireworks

fanofdisney
08-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Yippee I got an ADR for 11/15 :party: I have not been to CG since 2002 and am very excited to see the update and try the new menu. I was surprised though that when I entered the date the only time choices I got where 7:20 and 8:50. I was hoping for an 8:00 reservation but took the 7:20. Unless we are seated late or our dinner takes quite a while we will be done before the fireworks start at 9:30, since it is a MVMCP night, where do we go to hang out to wait for the fireworks?

BugeyedMuggy
08-26-2013, 06:48 AM
Yippee I got an ADR for 11/15 :party: I have not been to CG since 2002 and am very excited to see the update and try the new menu. I was surprised though that when I entered the date the only time choices I got where 7:20 and 8:50. I was hoping for an 8:00 reservation but took the 7:20. Unless we are seated late or our dinner takes quite a while we will be done before the fireworks start at 9:30, since it is a MVMCP night, where do we go to hang out to wait for the fireworks?

They must be going fast. We put in 8pm on Oct 31st for Hallowishes and got 7:50 but that right at 6am online.

fanofdisney
08-26-2013, 10:13 AM
I thought the same thing this morning. I was at the computer at 5am CST and couldn't get 8:00. Well, at least we got ADRs :thumbsup:

Laughin' place
08-26-2013, 12:04 PM
I called about 8am Chicago time and got 740pm on 11/16. When I made the ADR, the castmember gave a lengthy speil about fireworks viewing. I believe she said that there were two locations now (the rooftop and one on the 4th floor, I believe). I also think she said that if you had a receipt for dinner at a different time that same night, you could be admitted to the viewing areas come fireworks time. You may want to check the details, but that is what I recall.
All that being said, I am so excited that I was able to get this ADR. My girlfriend and I will be getting engaged at CRT on 11/12 (or so I hope ;)) and Cal Grille will be our last night on what I hope is a very magical engagement trip. :secret:

bruin1344
08-26-2013, 01:29 PM

We were able to when we went in 2010. Also, they had a patio where you could watch the fireworks.

DisneyDINK
08-26-2013, 02:23 PM
I called in a bit later than planned, about 9:00am Pacific (12:00 Eastern), but I still managed to get a 7:35pm res for December 8th. I went to look for other times the following night and then my 7:35 time had gone away, (:oops:) but I just hit the back button a few times and I still was able to book it. It must have been in some virtual cart somewhere. Whew!

While I was at it I talked myself into booking the MVMCP (but not on the same night); a first for DW and me. That'll be a late night. I budgeted a good long nap in the middle of that day.

Susan A
08-27-2013, 01:44 PM
We watched the fireworks from the deck before our dinner reservation time. I think my husband got a drink and brought it out to the deck, but I'm not sure. This was in 2004.
I'm glad we watched from the deck before our meal. The windows in the restaurant were foggy, so viewing from inside would not have been good.

fanofdisney
08-28-2013, 02:31 PM
It sounds like a great place to watch the fireworks. I am really looking forward to it.:cloud9:

SBETigg
08-28-2013, 03:51 PM

At your table? Our dinners at California Grill always take at least two hours, usually around three. Linger, enjoy. It's not a place to eat and run.

Keneva
08-30-2013, 07:31 PM
At your table? Our dinners at California Grill always take at least two hours, usually around three. Linger, enjoy. It's not a place to eat and run.

I agree! This is one place you don't want to let anyone rush you thru. Do it slow. Get a drink, do an appetizer, enjoy every bite of your meal, try a bite of your partners meal, get a dessert, share deserts, have a cup of coffee and maybe after dessert do a nite cap. Our 7:20 res lasted to 9:40 and we sat at our window table and watched the fireworks. If you are not there for the fireworks, just keep your receipt and they will let you take the elevator back up to watch the fireworks on the deck. :fworks: