PDA

View Full Version : Cars land

donnine
08-25-2013, 08:04 PM
After experiencing the CARS ride at Disneyland via You-Tube, I thought how wonderful that ride would be at one of the parks at WDW. I would like to see it replace the Indiana Jones Stunt Show or the Backlot Tour at Hollywood Studios. Thoughts, anyone? :mickey:

1983-1992 Off Property
1993-1995 Disney Drought:(
1996 Grovenor (Downtown Disney)
1997 Polynesian(Summer) and All Star Sports (Christmas)
1998 Off property with my HS Band (I was the Band Director)
1998 P.O. Riverside with my family
1999 Off property and P.O. Riverside (Summer and Christmas)
2000 P.O. Riverside
2001 P.O. Riverside
2002 Off property with the Band
2003 P.O. Riverside
2004 P.O. Riverside
2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2006 Off property with the Band
2007 P.O. Riverside
2008 P.O. Riverside
2009 P.O. Riverside
2010 P.O. Riverside
2011-present Disney Drought:(

markyv
08-25-2013, 10:57 PM
I like your idea. Let's replace the rest of the park too with the exception of TSM, RNR, and TOT.

DizneyFreak2002
08-25-2013, 11:28 PM
Not happening so don't get your hopes up... Star Wars is taking over Indy stunt show area... and RSR will not be coming to WDW...

The Horned King
08-26-2013, 05:59 AM
as awesome as it is. I would like to see something original not at any park. I love originals as it set's the parks apart. Mystic manor, journey to the centre of the earth etc.

Melanie
08-26-2013, 06:32 AM
As part of our Take It or Leave It segment 2 podcasts ago, I say 'leave it' on the duplicates. With the exception of a few classics, I like that there are unique offerings in each park.

DizneyFreak2002
08-26-2013, 10:51 AM
as awesome as it is. I would like to see something original not at any park. I love originals as it set's the parks apart. Mystic manor, journey to the centre of the earth etc.

Side note: Journey to the Center of the Earth/Mysterious Island was this close to getting the green light for DAK...

Melanie
08-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Side note: Journey to the Center of the Earth/Mysterious Island was this close to getting the green light for DAK...

Ahhhhhhh! What an incredible attraction/area. You are totally immersed. But honestly, it's one of the BIG things that makes DisneySea so incredible. I like the uniqueness.

DizneyFreak2002
08-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Ahhhhhhh! What an incredible attraction/area. You are totally immersed. But honestly, it's one of the BIG things that makes DisneySea so incredible. I like the uniqueness.

:thumbsup:

I don't know if Disney is about uniqueness in the domestic parks anymore... Star Wars is rumored to not be unique... I hope it is but won't hold my breath... I'm just glad TDO is not in charge of the project... We'd only get a DVC cart and Meet and Greet if they were...

BrerGnat
08-26-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm glad to hear that RSR will not be coming to WDW. I don't think any part of Carsland should come to WDW, personally. It is so unique and fits in very well in California. A lot of kids really buy into the fact that it is THE Radiator Springs. That's pretty cool.

I welcome anything Star Wars at DHS at this point. Tear down the backlot tour, indiana jones stunt show, Muppets, Streets of America. ALL of that can go, IMO.

donnine
08-26-2013, 12:58 PM
As part of our Take It or Leave It segment 2 podcasts ago, I say 'leave it' on the duplicates. With the exception of a few classics, I like that there are unique offerings in each park.

Yes, I know what you mean, however "Soarin' was a GREAT addition from California Adventure. I would like to see "Soarin over America"!!:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
08-26-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm glad to hear that RSR will not be coming to WDW. I don't think any part of Carsland should come to WDW, personally. It is so unique and fits in very well in California. A lot of kids really buy into the fact that it is THE Radiator Springs. That's pretty cool.

The rumor for DHS was a Cars dark ride, nothing like RSR, and several aspects from DCA's Cars Land, like Flo's, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree... I don't think Luigi's would have made the cut...

Yes, I know what you mean, however "Soarin' was a GREAT addition from California Adventure. I would like to see "Soarin over America"!!:mickey:

Well honestly, Soarin over California really makes no sense in Florida, especially since you are in WDW and end the flight in Disneyland... But, you won't see Soarin over America... You'll see Soarin Over the World...

GoBlueLacheta
08-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Well honestly, Soarin over California really makes no sense in Florida, especially since you are in WDW and end the flight in Disneyland... But, you won't see Soarin over America... You'll see Soarin Over the World...[/QUOTE]

Soarin over all Nations but mostly America

donnine
08-26-2013, 05:52 PM
The rumor for DHS was a Cars dark ride, nothing like RSR, and several aspects from DCA's Cars Land, like Flo's, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree... I don't think Luigi's would have made the cut...

Well honestly, Soarin over California really makes no sense in Florida, especially since you are in WDW and end the flight in Disneyland... But, you won't see Soarin over America... You'll see Soarin Over the World...

It might not make sense, but it is the most popular attraction at EPCOT.

DizneyFreak2002
08-26-2013, 06:48 PM
It might not make sense, but it is the most popular attraction at EPCOT.

Oh don't get me wrong, it is a good ride.... But flying over California in the middle of the Florida swamps makes no sense at all... But then again, neither will soarin over the world from the Florida swamps.. :) But I think soarin over the world will make much more sense in Epcot since the world showcase is across the lagoon... Make it digital, get rid of the film projection, and you have an even more world class attraction..

MNNHFLTX
08-26-2013, 06:48 PM
As part of our Take It or Leave It segment 2 podcasts ago, I say 'leave it' on the duplicates. With the exception of a few classics, I like that there are unique offerings in each park.I agree with you with one exception--I would LOVE it if they brought Crush's Coaster to an American Disney park. I only got to ride it once at Disneyland Paris (no Fastpass for this ride) and it was a total blast; I laughed the whole way through. I don't think it's a terribly complex ride, as the technology is the same as Primevil Whirl, just much, much better and smoother. So surely they could squeeze it in somewhere where I could ride it more often. ;)

tinkman
09-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I completely agree that HS needs tons of things but what I don't agree with is eliminating things that still draw huge crowds, like Indy. Sure, alot of us have seen it many times, but there are great number of people who attend that have never seen it before. I defiantly support change but not elimination. NY street is dead, needs replaced. Drew Carey never was good. HS needs expanded and re-imagined, not simple removal and replacement.