PDA

View Full Version : Bus stop construction

moe513
08-25-2013, 05:46 PM
I just got back from WDW. It was wonderful.
I noticed they are doing some MK bus stop construction. Does anybody know exactly what they are doing? Are they added more bus stops or just moving the whole thing further away from the entrance. thx

Strmchsr
08-25-2013, 06:51 PM
They're just refrurbing and adding some bus stops.

Polynesian Dweller
08-25-2013, 08:30 PM
They are adding articulated buses which require longer loading areas. The new area is for those.

JerseyDad
08-26-2013, 07:51 PM
.....yes ...adding more bus stops ...so they can push POP's bus stop location even further away.:mad:

....where it's located now at MK ...makes it feel like we're doing the Bataan Death March at the end of the day.

cuteduck223
08-28-2013, 11:44 AM
I feel the same way about POP. We love to be there--except at the end of the day, or if we want to go to the room for the afternoon. It FEELS like a 2 hour walk, with stroller, crying kid refusing to ride in stroller, etc :(

JerseyDad
08-28-2013, 12:45 PM
I feel the same way about POP. We love to be there--except at the end of the day, or if we want to go to the room for the afternoon. It FEELS like a 2 hour walk, with stroller, crying kid refusing to ride in stroller, etc :(

.....yes ...it almost feels as if the POP guests are second class citizens. It's (in my book) not a real 'value' resort ...in the true sense of the word ...given all the different tiers of room rates etc. And yet ...when the bus stops are juggled around ...or another resort is added ....POP gets pushed to the back of the bus ....literally.

....when we walk to the POP bus stop at MK ....I almost feel like they should put it across the road in front of the Contemporary. Heck!!..it's practically in their front yard where it's located now!! And at least that way I could take the monorail to get to it!!!!!

MickeysBestPal
08-28-2013, 01:20 PM
They are adding articulated buses which require longer loading areas. The new area is for those.

AND, adding bus routes directly connecting between DHS and MK gates, and between DAK and MK gates.

Also, for buses to and between the Monorail Resorts when the monorail is not operating.

joonyer
08-28-2013, 01:51 PM
.....yes ...it almost feels as if the POP guests are second class citizens. It's (in my book) not a real 'value' resort ...in the true sense of the word ...given all the different tiers of room rates etc. And yet ...when the bus stops are juggled around ...or another resort is added ....POP gets pushed to the back of the bus ....literally.

....when we walk to the POP bus stop at MK ....I almost feel like they should put it across the road in front of the Contemporary. Heck!!..it's practically in their front yard where it's located now!! And at least that way I could take the monorail to get to it!!!!!

Well, to be fair, ALL of the bus stops are as close to the entrance to the MK as possible. Just look at an overhead map (Google, Bing, etc.) I agree that walking anywhere after a long day at MK, where you've already walked miles, is no cup of tea, but it's actually not that far from the MK entrance to the bus stops, even the new loop. It's about the same distance as from the entrance down to Casey's corner (end of Main St. Shops). For me, it's not he walk, it's the wait after you get to the bus stop that's really tiring at park closing time. :wait:

badjujue
09-02-2013, 09:23 PM
AND, adding bus routes directly connecting between DHS and MK gates, and between DAK and MK gates.

Also, for buses to and between the Monorail Resorts when the monorail is not operating.

from what I was told the stops for all the other parks will stay behind the TTC. all the value resorts will be put in the new section to accommodate the new busses which are longer to accommodate for the large volume of guest. this comes from a Disney cast member that is directly involved in the construction to move guest around.