PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Fort Campers?

ToDisney
01-11-2009, 11:41 PM
After staying in the FW cabins, we have always wanted to stay again with a camper. Now we are getting our chance. My parents bought a 32ft TT. We get to try it out at FW in FEB!!!
My Questions:
1.) Does anyone know what loops are designated for the "full hook up sites"?

2.a) Other than the BYBBQ and Hoop dee doo, I have heard there is a all you can eat buffet at Trails End. Is that the only places to eat?
2b) Can you get a refillable cup? Where can you refill it?

3.) When making your ressies do you give the length of your trailer, or the total of the truck and trailer together??

Thanks in advance for any help!
I can't wait to get there!:mickey:

russk42
01-13-2009, 07:36 AM
i can answer some of your questions;
1--do you mean "water, electric, and sewer" when you ask about full hook-ups? all trailer sites have those; and preferred sites have cable and possibly internet. I'm sure someone else can identify the loops for you. FYI: last summer when i was there, we didn't get a site with cable; but we were able to get dozens of digital channels over the air, including radar weather, etc... the only channel we missed was the disney info channel which you get with the disney cable hook-up

2--you can order some items a-la-carte at the trails end; we've had pizza and nachos at the table. Don't know what else is available. There is a snack bar at the meadow pool, but it is not likely to be open in Feb.

2b --No refillable cups in evidence whenever ive been there.

3 submit the trailer length

ToDisney
01-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks Russ!
I did mean the water, elec, sewer hook up... I am hopeing someone will come along that can tell me some possible loop numbers. I know they have been doing a lot of upgrades there and I didn't know if that ment changes to which areas had what available. Did you have an antenna to get the extra weather channel? I would like to get that one.
So there is basiclly no counter service, just the buffet with a few extras. Nachos sound good!:thumbsup:
Thanks again for the rest of your help too!
:mickey:

Laughin' place
01-16-2009, 01:36 PM
I am sooo jealous. I have camped at FtW my whole life, and have stayed in the cabins 3 times.
The best loops (IMO) are 100-300. These are closest to the lake, main trading post, etc. If you are going next month, you may find your choices pretty limited, tho.
The buffet at Trails End is very good, many consider it the "best for your money " meal in WDW. There is an internal bus that drops off at WIlderness Lodge, so you may consider having a meal there.
No refillable mugs

scuttle66
01-16-2009, 08:02 PM
IMO the best loops are 1400 or 1800/1900. The 100-300 loop sites are very close together and difficult to back into with a large camper or rv. The 1400 loop is really close to the campfire/movie area and pool. Have fun! As for food, take the boat to the Wilderness Lodge for more food options. Very relaxing and definately worth the trip.

Perdita
02-23-2009, 06:55 PM
As for food, take the boat to the Wilderness Lodge for more food options. Very relaxing and definately worth the trip.

Or the boat to Contemporary for California Grill:blush::wine:

vetboy
02-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Not sure if this has changed very recently, but we have a stash of refillable mugs at home. We buy one every time we go.

My wife is the one to use it and it can definately be refilled at Trails End. I'm pretty sure she fills it at the stores also, but don't quote me on that one.

We were at the Fort in January and had a great experience at the new restaurant on the ground floor in the Contemporary - "The Wave" I think it was called. Also just a short boat ride away.

Joe

medic9016
02-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Not all loops are full hook-up. 1500 and 2000 are not because they do not have sewer. Once the refurbs on the loops are complete full hook-up category may go away, because all sites will now have cable TV. I think right now the only full hook-up sites are 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900. These have recently had cable TV added and may all be pet loops. The only preferred site are 100 , 200, 300(pet). The remaining sites are either closed or have been completed to be premium sites or soon to be converted .

squijee
03-02-2009, 09:21 AM
What loops allow pets?:puppy: