PDA

View Full Version : Campfire & Movie at FW

DizneyDoug
05-24-2008, 09:40 PM
My family is going in July and we have a 5:00pm ADR for Hoop-Dee-Doo. I am looking for information on the campfire and movie at FW Campground from those who have experienced it as I think it might be fun for my DD's (7 & 4) after dinner. Is it worth it or should we plan to go somewhere else?
Thanks in advance for any help.

sisterdisco
05-24-2008, 09:58 PM
You can call Fort Wilderness Resort on July 1st and get the monthly schedule, and find out what movie is playing the night that you will be at HHD. You can also get the time as well.
We have done this twice in the past, and it was nice....There was a marshmellow roasting pit....It was like a drive in movie w/o cars.
You will need to take one of the internal FW buses to get to the campfire from the HHD.

WDWdriver
05-24-2008, 10:18 PM
One of our friendly moderators might come along soon and move this thread to the Camping Forum. That's where all the Fort Wilderness experts hang out. But in the meantime.....

Your HDD dinner show will end at about 7:00. The campfire lighting is at 7:30, and the sing-a-long starts at 8:00 so you can easily make it to the outdoor amphitheater in time to experience everything. You can walk (10 minutes) or take one of the internal buses. After the sing-a-long you will be entertained by our nutty friends, Chip & Dale, followed by the start of the evening movie.

You asked if it is worth it. Yes, it is certainly worth it since it is entirely FREE! And it is a relaxing and fun way to end the day. My only hesitation would be whether it adds too much to your evening, especially for the 4 year old. The movie will run until about 10:30 and you can expect a journey of at least an hour to get back to your resort.

SgtTigger
05-26-2008, 09:23 PM
As ron said yes it is worth it..... it is free....

You get to spend time with chip and dale and a sing a long and then a movie.....

If the kids get tired you can always leave the movie.........

:cop: :tigger:

1DisneyNut
05-27-2008, 05:42 PM
The kids will love it. They have a concession stand that sells marshmallow roasting or smores kits (but you can bring your own if you wish).

Janmac
05-28-2008, 12:02 AM
We enjoyed the show and meal at Hoop De Doo Revue but after the show ended we were in need of some serious decompressing. More stimulation was furthest from our minds and we were mostly adults, with a couple of teenagers.

While It's a lot of fun the show is very high energy and very loud. Your four year old might be ready for some quiet time.

Perhaps you can work in the campfire and movie another time. Or maybe do only the campfire/sing along.

Also, it's somewhat difficult to plan on the movie since you won't know what movie will be playing til 1 July.

Jan