PDA

View Full Version : biergarten question...

Capt_redshirt
08-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Is tipping required at buffets like the biergarten? and what is the general percentage that most give

Scar
08-23-2013, 03:46 PM
If your party is under 6, tipping is not "required" at any restaurant. However, there are servers that work very hard there, so yes, your normal tipping routine including percentage would be appropriate.

SBETigg
08-23-2013, 04:02 PM
The servers don't have to take your order or bring your food, but they actually do a lot in bringing your drinks, tending refills, and removing plates. We still tip 20 % or more on buffets, just like we do for regular table service restaurants, but I have heard of people tipping as low as 10 % on buffets, and the norm is probably 15 - 18 %.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Not required unless party of six or more but it is expected and to me appropriate to tip

Jared
08-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Is tipping required at buffets like the biergarten? and what is the general percentage that most give
Tipping is appropriate at all table-service restaurants, including buffets. I understand why some guests feel strange tipping the traditional 18% at buffets -- it seems like the servers are required to do considerably less work. That certainly might be true.

Still, I always tip as much as I would at a regular table-service location. Here's why: Buffet servers are paid on the same pay scale as table-service restaurant servers. To Disney, it is considered the same job. As a result, they are just as dependent on tips as their full-service brethren. They didn't choose their job placement. They deserve to be treated the same way.