PDA

View Full Version : Week of Thanksgiving

JennyAnne
08-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Thoughts? Would you do WDW during this week? We are limited on travel dates because of my job.

CynBeth
08-21-2013, 05:29 PM
We went a few years ago from the Sat before to the Sat after and had an amazing time. We went to AK on Thanksgiving Day. The day after Thanksgiving begins CP and Holidays Around the World at EPCOT. There is no MVMCP that week. You can experience Osbourne Lights at DHS and it's fun to resort hop.

VacationDisney
08-21-2013, 06:05 PM
We had friends go a few years ago during Thanksgiving week and they said "never again". :thedolls:They said the crowds in the all the parks were horrible. By the time turkey day came they simply stayed at the Wilderness camp ground, relaxed and had a turkey dinner.

These people are NOT Disney nuts so don't know how much one of us nuts would put up with. :secret:

Scrappy2
08-22-2013, 11:33 AM
We went last year from Saturday before till Saturday after. We had a great trip. Yes it is crowded just know that going in. No you will not be able to do everything just know that going in. We still had a wonderful trip. The parks and resorts are decorated and beautiful. The castle lights are beautiful. The Osborne lights are something you should not miss. We have done NYE, Memorial day, Sping break, Easter, summers, 24 hour night so we kinda knew what to expect with the crowds so we just went with the flow. WIth kids in school we mostly go crowded times. I actually only made reservations for one night for dinner. With the crowds if you have a ton of dinner reservations you sometimes end up chasing reservations and not enjoying the time in the parks. We just ate counter service on our time. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

yjgirl32
08-22-2013, 11:47 AM
We too went last year. We normally go in Sept or Early October so it was a lot more crowded than when we gone in the past, but as the previous poster has stated as long as you know going into your vacation you can plan accordingly. I loved it- we wanted to mainly the Holiday stuff so we focused more on that. Good luck and have a great time.

JMTStone
08-22-2013, 03:16 PM
I'll never do it again. I've never seen the park so busy. Fortunately we were on site and took breaks, taking advantage of short park visits.

I began taking my kids out of school instead. They're both good students and always made up the work.

Pop Centurion
08-24-2013, 01:05 PM
We went last year and even spent Thanksgiving day in MK. It get's pretty crowded but I wouldn't say it's unbearable. I'd recommend some sort of plan for the day of & into the weekend. Take the opportunity to experience all the holiday festivities around the parks. Night time is especially nice for obvious reasons. The music, decorations, and overall atmosphere puts you in such a festive mood. If the crowds get to be too much for you to handle, I'd suggest touring the resorts. There's some really beautiful decorations, trees, & ginger bread houses to be seen. I see so many people say "never again" but I would go again in a heart beat. Unfortunately funds are low this year so I will have to skip it.

buzznwoodysmom
08-24-2013, 04:41 PM
We have been twice for Thanksgiving, going again this year, and have never had a horrible time. While it was busy, it was not at all what I would consider unbearable. I think this particular week is often over exaggerated. Just my opinion! ;)

disneyfan1994
09-25-2013, 03:08 PM
I went a few times in the past over Thanksgiving and never had a bad experience or problem! Going again this year :mickey: