PDA

View Full Version : Episode 54 - Lightning and Flash Cubes

John
08-20-2013, 09:40 PM
The Cast: Carol Robert, Christine Warner, Ian Mitchell, John Yaglenski

- INTERCOT Insider Magic Recording Our Way.

- It's back to school time. Schools heading back early.

- John's never wanted to buy DVC more after his trip to Hilton Head.

- Trip Report from Disney's Hilton Head Resort - TOTALLY RELAXING!

- Christine's stay at the Treehouse Villas.

- Ian mentions his stay in the castle.

- Imagination Rehab? Odd signs point to the possibility.

- Euphemisms for thunderstorms

- Take It or Leave It - Extra Magic Hours. Still waiting on a creative original
theme song - it's up to you people! Disney World leave it, Disneyland take it
says Carol. Christine says leave it - they leave you for dead. John says if he's
alone - leave it but with the family - take it - but overall leave it. Ian says
leave it. The final score Leave it 3.5, Take it .5

- INTERCOT events & meets

- Discussion of Curbs in the Magic Kingdom

- Fastpass+

- Amazon Prime Moment

- K Cups Discussion

- Take It or Leave It feedback

- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

- Magical Journey's can handle all your Disney Specials!

- INTERCOT Cruise - Beginning of Summer - 2014?

- Park Schedules & Closures

>> Download Episode 54 Here! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2013/episode-54.asp)

Place your vote for Take It or Leave it at the top of this thread - and comment below along with any comments on the show itself!

Mommy2allgirls
08-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Sorry for starting the other thread I totally missed this. I will thank my bedtime pills for that! Anywhere here are my comments

Here's my position-with 5 kids we leave it. We like to take our time in the morning and like to leave when the kids are ready. Especially two with special needs there is no way we could make the extra hours no matter how much I would want to

If its just hubby and I which is rarely then we take it but only the nights

Ms. Mode
08-21-2013, 08:50 AM
We love the EMH in the morning! However, sometimes if the park has EMH in the morning we will go to one of the other parks....less crowded.

The evening EMH we rarely stay for; mainly because Ms. Mode is pooped after walking all day in the parks. :blush:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-21-2013, 10:58 AM
If the park we choose to visit that day has EMH we will definitely take it. I find that first hour the best time to ride those rides with usual long lines like Soarin, Toy Story Mania and the Mountains at MK. However we don't choose which park to visit based on EMH.

TinkerbellT421
08-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Being just DBF and I, we never really utilize EMH. There has been the occasional walk over to Epcot or stroll over to MK after 'OHana and then we realize hey the park is open later due to EMH, so we will ride a few rides, stroll around a bit but we never purposely plan around EMH, especially not morning EMH.

GMRO
08-21-2013, 03:03 PM
EMH - Take it.

We sometimes will chose the park with EMH, unless it's AK - then FORGET IT - if they are the late EMH's to end the day with. That is IF we have 2 parks in mind to visit that day. And if we have a pool day and elect to stay at our resort we can still get to a park later in they day if it has EMH too. Or if we just stay off property for the day and shop or sight-see, then we can still hit a park later in the day for EMHs.

We are not big on getting to the parks for EMH early. Unless we are on a tour. Rather just relax in the AM before starting the day.

No kids for us so we can run and hop all day if we want!!! ;)

Great pod-cast. Was getting that withdrawl feeling. Glad you guys got this cast on-line!!!

WHERE ARE YOU MEL!!!??? Running/Walking I hope! :)

JMTStone
08-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the great podcast.

We do NOT take advantage of the EMH in the morning and rarely take advantage of them in the evening. I have two daughters, 11 and 20. Neither of them are morning people. I agree with John. I want to sleep in on my vacation.

#runICOT... if it was the Everest Challenge we could take advantage of our ICOT Yeti. What about "I'm doing #runICOT: if lost and dehydrated, please return me to Jellyrolls in time for the INTERCOT meet and re-hydration"

I'd love to do an INTERCOT cruise. Castaway Cay podcast! Or at one of the adult nightclubs.

Hammer
08-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Leave it for morning EMH. I do not set an alarm when on vacation :sleepin: :alarm: !

Take it for Evening EMH! I love late nights in the parks!

Christine
08-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the great podcast.

#runICOT.. "I'm doing #runICOT: if lost and dehydrated, please return me to Jellyrolls in time for the INTERCOT meet and re-hydration"

Hahahaha!!!

I love hearing everyone's take it or leave it! :thumbsup:

Yungbuck73
08-22-2013, 03:13 AM
I agree with Carol. DLR extra magic hr is great. not really too crowded.
At WDW Early morning hr means BIG crowds.
Evening Extra magic hours can be good. We were at MK one day with hrs till 3am. I have a cool pic of Main Street @ 2:45 am, with about 25 people from flag pole to hub.

tinkwest
08-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Leave it. - from a Disneyland point of view where EMH is in the AM only.

IF (and that's a big if) I just happen to be awake and ready to go, I will go. It can be a very relaxing time to visit the parks. But I'm not going to set an alarm to get up and attend.

When the kids were little they were not interested in getting up early but thought staying up late was great so that's how we played it. They still remember the thrill of having a hamburger at midnight in Tomorrowland.

BriarRose0708
08-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Take it, especially morning hours! Park opening is the best time to get a lot of the major attractions done and out of the way. I suppose like everything else it depends on the time of year you're at WDW as I haven't seen a morning EMH super crowded but I've never been during peak seasons. Evening magic hours are ok but more crowded than morning I feel you have the same wait times as regular park hours. Although I've never been able to make it to 3 a.m. in a park!

Can't wait for #runICOT marathon weekend, I just saw the shirts on the facebook page! Love it!

wildernesslady
08-22-2013, 08:56 PM
We leave it in the AM. I can't remember the last time we even made it to a rope drop. Actually I think it was DL since we were on east coast time. Occasionally, we will stay for nighttime EMHs. If the kids are with us, we usually are back at the resort in the evening for pool time.

ryca1dreams
08-23-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm only halfway through this episode, but I love the conversation as I always do.

John, I'd be happy to come up with some original "take it or leave it" theme music. Give me a week or two.

Epc0tphr34k
08-26-2013, 07:50 AM
I like the idea of EMH but truthfully haven't used them in at least 4 yrs.
As far as Imagination goes, I believe the recreation film of Imagination was part of honoring Tony Baxter, at least that was my understanding anyway. Though I would love to have it restored. Like Ian, its something I am sad my son won't get to see other than in youtube videos

mickeyman42
08-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Leave it! we always avoid the EMH park. the AM EMH are too early, and the PM EMH are too late for my kids. EMH seem to just make that park more crowded from people without hoppers trying to take advantage of the EMH "perk." maybe when my kids are older and are able to be out in the parks late into the night/early am then maybe we would use EMH but until then I say leave it!

also I just thought that this could really be dependent on when you travel to WDW. I mean, if you go during the slowest seasons when the parks close at 8 or 9 I could see using EMH from 8-11 or 9-12, but if you go during the peak seasons when the normal park hours are until say 11pm or later I could see that being too late...hmmmm interesting..

jennbunn
08-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Take it. My son and I had so much fun this past may at the magic kingdom during extra magic hours. We had a boat all to ourselves on pirates , walked onto big thunder, little mermaid,astro orbitor and had a small maybe ten minute wait for space mountain. I do agree with Christine about the lack of food and drink. I just wanted to get a small snack and the only places we could find open was the confectionary and the plaza ice cream parlor. Normally I would love a late night sweet snack but I was wanting something more savory.

mjm
09-03-2013, 04:06 PM
imagination ride.
Wasn't one of the rumors as to why it was changed was because Eisner didn't like Dream Finder and Figment?

Captain EO.
I saw it back in '93. I like Michael Jackson, but he just wasn't the right fit. I couldn't get by his high breathy voice. It just didn't work for me.

I'm not even sure why they brought it back. I've heard people say that "Honey, We shrunk the audience" was old, nobody knew what the movie was anymore. But the effects were great. When we were there in 2001, my daughter and her friend were screaming, and so were a lot of people as the mice "ran" by.

If the story is good and the effects are good, does it matter that people don't remember the movie?

Fastpass testing.
Maybe they want to test it under the worst conditions.
I agree, you don't need fast passes everywhere!

Take It or Leave It: Extra Magic Hours
I wonder if your answers are affected by the fact that all of you can go to Disneyland or Disney World every 1 to 2 years?

I haven't been able to go back since 2001. I didn't stay on property and I don't remember if it was available to everyone then, but when I go back, I'll certainly take advantage of Extra Magic Hours so I can leave the park in the afternoon and go back later.

I do agree that it would be nice if they offered more food options. It sounds like you don't have much available.

Septbride2002
09-03-2013, 08:03 PM
My kids are early risers. I haven't slept past 7a.m. in the last 7 years. 7 YEARS PEOPLE!!! Vacation is no different for us - the difference is we tend to take a nap in the afternoon so the kids can go late into the night. So since we are up and moving usually before 7 - we take advantage of EMH - especially for MK & Studios. We haven't really done an evening EMH - but I'm not against them. That is usually a park we avoid because it seems more crowded to me.

dpamac
09-03-2013, 09:57 PM
I just finally caught up. Episodes aren't interesting if I'm not on them.

I'm Leave It on EMH, except for specifically targeting parks that don't have them.

That being said, I honestly miss the days when they were a wrist-band event. You paid extra to get access to late night hours. I really wish I could remember what they called them though. E-Ticket Hours? E-Ride? You're Tired and We Want Your Money? I was a big advocate of those...The way EMH are now they are just as crowded. The ticketed event made it a little more exclusive. Fewer rides, but also a limited amount of people. Magic Kingdom only, but it made you feel special to have access to the park with such low attendance. I remember feeling very privileged to be able to really feel the magic of MK at night with so few people.

Melanie
09-04-2013, 06:57 AM
That being said, I honestly miss the days when they were a wrist-band event. You paid extra to get access to late night hours. I really wish I could remember what they called them though. E-Ticket Hours? E-Ride? You're Tired and We Want Your Money? I was a big advocate of those...The way EMH are now they are just as crowded. The ticketed event made it a little more exclusive. Fewer rides, but also a limited amount of people. Magic Kingdom only, but it made you feel special to have access to the park with such low attendance. I remember feeling very privileged to be able to really feel the magic of MK at night with so few people.

E Ticket Nights. And yes, they were awesome.

Urbss
09-12-2013, 03:35 PM
E-Ticket Nights: Wish they would bring those back. My wife and I did one of those on our honeymoon in '97 and loved it. I would be okay with them doubling the amount of people and charging $25/person. I think Disney would be okay with making an extra $50,000 a few nights a week.

Anyway, LEAVE IT!!!!! We use touring plans and try to look at crowd levels for each park and also which park has EMH. I try to avoid the parks that have EMH. I don't find the morning hours to give us much of an advantage and with a 8 year old and a 2 year old, we like to get back to the resort in the evenings. So, I guess saying the the E Ticket nights were awesome is somewhat of a contradiction, but I'll stick by my "LEAVE IT".

I will say that Carol made a great point about Disneyland - I would use the extra morning hours to see Cars Land.

Carol
09-13-2013, 08:44 AM
I will say that Carol made a great point about Disneyland - I would use the extra morning hours to see Cars Land.Thank you. :thumbsup: John says I cheat when having two answers. :fresh: