PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Princess Half Marathon Weekend

princessesmom
08-20-2013, 12:09 PM
I just realized this is going on toward the end of our trip. We are departing on Friday, February 21st, which appears to be the first event. I was planning to book a late breakfast at Akershus and then have a late lunch about 3pm before leaving for the airport. Is Epcot going to be crazy crowded that day? Should I rethink these plans?

Melanie
08-20-2013, 12:24 PM
It's a good general rule to stay away from Epcot on any day there is a runDisney event. This indeed is one that starts and finishes in the Epcot parking lot, so yes, I'd probably rethink your plans. Since it's the 5K that day, it will be clear going by 11am, so maybe just change your breakfast plans?

princessesmom
08-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Thanks, Melanie. We are staying at the Dolphin and will be walking over to Epcot that morning. I'm hoping that will mean it is less of a problem. I made a 9:15am ADR for Akershus. Hopefully things will be much calmer by the time breakfast is finished and we can do some things in the park.

mcjaco
08-23-2013, 08:58 AM
When my wife has run those events, we usually head back to the room for some R&R after she finishes, which I believe most runners do too.

We didn't find the park to be that crowded afterwards either. It's the Marathon weekend where it gets a little nutty.

Melanie
08-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks, Melanie. We are staying at the Dolphin and will be walking over to Epcot that morning. I'm hoping that will mean it is less of a problem. I made a 9:15am ADR for Akershus. Hopefully things will be much calmer by the time breakfast is finished and we can do some things in the park.

If you are entering via the International Gateway, you should be fine then. :thumbsup: