PDA

View Full Version : Crazy first day of school

minnie04
08-20-2013, 10:20 AM
My Niece who started kindergarten yesterday broke he leg playing on the monkey bars :( Now she is in a cast (all the way up her leg) for 4 to 6 weeks.. What a crazy way to start the year off. I hope this isn’t a sign ..lol Thankfully her mom is a teacher at the school (also new there) so she wasn't alone.

She could use a little :pixie: We were (are) booked to go to WDW next weekend. Now I think it will be too uncomfortable for her. It has been so HOT, just not sure it would be worth the hassle for her.

DVC2004
08-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Definitely will be a memorable first day. Hope your neice heals up and feels better soon. It's funny how kids can sometimes get those injuries doing something fairly common, while other times they fall and you think for sure it is going to be bad and they are perfectly fine. My younger son once tripped over something and must have fallen just "right", fractured his wrist. Another time, wiped out bad on a skateboard and only had road rash. I thought for sure he would have broken something that time, but it was the trip on the grass that put him in cast!

Pixie dust on it's way for a speedy recovery!

minnie04
08-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah I know what you mean. I was wondering would the characters sign her cast?? I think that would be so cool for her to show her new friends in school. :mickey:

DVC2004
08-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah I know what you mean. I was wondering would the characters sign her cast?? I think that would be so cool for her to show her new friends in school. :mickey:

I bet they would if you bring a marker. That would be pretty cool and might cheer her up when she looks at it! :mickey: