PDA

View Full Version : Cali Grill to Reopen

MOJoe
08-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Disney has announced that the California Grill will reopen on September 9th (my birthday:blush:). Reservations will be taken starting August 26th.
Sure would be nice to be there, but i have no trips planned till next year.
Enjoy!

cer
08-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Thank you for this information! :thumbsup:

disney obsessed
08-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Any idea what the new menu is?

VWL Mom
08-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Here's (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/08/reservations-for-california-grill-at-disneys-contemporary-resort-open-august-26/) some information on the new offerings. Sorry to see my favorite Pork Tenderloin is no longer on the menu but I'm sure some of the new items will be just as good.

fanofdisney
08-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Great news :clappy: Thank you for letting us know!:thumbsup:

thejens
08-20-2013, 12:11 AM
:mickey::mickey::mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
08-20-2013, 06:08 AM
So very happy. What time does online booking open in the morning? Is it 6 or 7 AM?

Katzateer
08-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Sooo happy!:cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-20-2013, 09:02 AM
Can't wait to hear some reviews on this one:thumbsup:

MOJoe
08-20-2013, 11:15 AM
So very happy. What time does online booking open in the morning? Is it 6 or 7 AM?

Pretty sure online booking begins at 6 a.m. ET, and the phone lines open at 7.
From what i have heard, WDW dining is expecting a crush of requests for ressies. :geek::wait:
So be patient.

Hammer
08-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Here's (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/08/reservations-for-california-grill-at-disneys-contemporary-resort-open-august-26/) some information on the new offerings. Sorry to see my favorite Pork Tenderloin is no longer on the menu but I'm sure some of the new items will be just as good.

It is mentioned in the article; the pork tenderloin and goat cheese polenta will still be there, in a smaller size, as part of "pork two ways", which includes pork belly.

VWL Mom
08-20-2013, 12:01 PM
It is mentioned in the article; the pork tenderloin and goat cheese polenta will still be there, in a smaller size, as part of "pork two ways", which includes pork belly.

I saw that, not so sure how I feel about the pork belly part though.

GoBlueLacheta
08-20-2013, 12:57 PM
I'll never forget being at Cali Grill, and we were looking between two bottles of wine in a certain price range. Asked for advice and they "offered" a similar bottle that had newly arrived but just happened to be $60 more expensive without mentioning that part.

Haven't been back since, but we are going to give it a try again this upcoming trip in January. Been twiddling our thumbs waiting to make our ADR. Glad we can soon.

Davy Crockett
08-20-2013, 07:49 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS! Our favorite "Parent's Night Out" retreat.

BugeyedMuggy
08-21-2013, 06:06 AM
I saw that, not so sure how I feel about the pork belly part though.

We had a Wahoo Salad (spell?) at AKL Jiko and it had pork belly as one of the meats in it. Thought it was strange but we love to try new things. Was one of the best apps we've had. Was a seasonal thing and last trip was not on the menu. Looking forward to trying it at Cali Grill.

DisneyDINK
08-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Hey Disney! PLEASE provide adequate staffing at WDW-DINE and beef up web/server support on 8/26.

Imagine 180 days of bookings for one of WDW's most popular restaurants all coming in in largely all at once. That'll spike traffic, right?

BugeyedMuggy
08-26-2013, 06:02 AM
So excited :cloud9: Just got a Cali Grill ressie for Oct 31st. Can't wait to see the new menu and we will be there for the Hallowishes fireworks.

Katzateer
08-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Got a seating for our first night in December:thumbsup::mickey:

Excited to see the new decor and sample the new menu!:cloud9:

cer
08-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Disney has announced that the California Grill will reopen on September 9th (my birthday:blush:). Reservations will be taken starting August 26th.
Sure would be nice to be there, but i have no trips planned till next year.
Enjoy!

MOJoe, just wanted to thank you again for the heads up on this! I really appreciate it and was able to secure a reservation this morning. :number1:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Okay, I saw the new menu on Disney's website. I have to say, I am not really impressed. The desserts are definitely not what I would expect out of CG and other than the sushi menu, the entrees look kind of blah. I'm sure I will be on the minority on this one, just my opinion.:(

Katzateer
08-27-2013, 10:17 AM
We are going for the desserts and hopefully they won't disappoint. They were fantastic before the remodeling and I love the presentation.

First night Kona's then dessert 2 hours later at CG! Then holiday Wishes from the balcony. Hoping for perfect weather for a perfect first night!

Isn't a cheap dessert - plan on about $20 a person with coffee or tea plus tip but a tradition for us.