PDA

View Full Version : Treehouse Villas

Christine
08-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Hi gang!

My quest to stay at every Disney resort brought us to Disney's Treehouse Villas this weekend, and here I sit on the deck with my coffee to share a little about them.

The THV were not something that really appealed to me, but we decided to let my DD-13 have a sleepover / back to school party to justify the 3 Bdrm sleeps 9 space for our little family of 3.

I have to say- I am blown away by this resort! The attention to detail is fantastic! Everything I need is right here- they left nothing out.

The kitchen is appointed beautifully , including BBQ tools (we had a cookout last night).

The bedrooms and baths are so spacious, closets everywhere, plenty of seating.... It's truly a home.

I am a local resident and jut booked this for the night so we just stayed put and enjoyed the water views and decking, but if I was on vacation here I still think I'd be hard pressed to force myself out to go to the parks. It's so peaceful here!
The jacuzzi tub had me "happily trapped" inside for an hour at least! ;)

I've never thought that they look like much from the outside, but I assure you they are every bit the HGTV dream home inside! :thumbsup:

If you haven't had a chance to stay here, or question spending that kind of points on it, try it. Even for a night. It's so worth it!

Pics can be seen on ICOT's twitter page,link found on the home page.

Up next- GF in December and the quest is complete!!

LVT
08-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Thank you for the review. I had wondered if the treehouses were truly special.

VWL Mom
08-18-2013, 09:50 AM
The pictures do make the setting look very inviting! Do they all have the views of the water?

Mrs Bus Driver
08-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Thank you for the review. I had wondered if the treehouses were truly special.

Ditto :thumbsup:

Lindsey310
08-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Wow pleasantly surprised with the pics!! Can't wait to hear all about GF!! :mickey:

AgentC
08-18-2013, 11:44 AM
I've been loving your pictures Christine. I need to find a group to go with me so I can justify staying at the tree houses. :D

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Sounds awesome

Christine
08-18-2013, 01:23 PM
The pictures do make the setting look very inviting! Do they all have the views of the water?

No. They sit on a circle, like a donut so to speak. Probably 1/2 to 2/3 of The outer rim is water view.
The other part of the outer rim is woods view or golf course.

The interior circle shared the inner loop with the pool which is in the center. Likely not 4 houses that see pool view.
The rest see woods & other villas.

It really is a great resort. I didn't miss the food court or gift shop. It's a 3 minute boat trip to SSR for that if you wanted it.

Perfect scenario would be to have our sponsor Orlando Grocery Express to have everything you need brought right to you. No need to go to mug stations and wait your allotted time for a drink ;)
Ice maker is in the fridge, have all the water or soda you want. :)

I highly recommend your idea Cindy. That's the perfect idea - pool points or $$ with some other folks and share a villa. Room for everyone :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
08-18-2013, 03:43 PM
The best part of the Treehouse Villas? Peace and quiet... :)

Darbylew
08-18-2013, 05:14 PM
We always stay at POFQ so when we take the boat to downtown Disney we pass right by the tree houses. They always look so inviting and they are tucked away. Someday I would love to try them out but I think you have to be a DVC is right? Anyone have an answer? :confused:

Christine
08-18-2013, 06:13 PM
We always stay at POFQ so when we take the boat to downtown Disney we pass right by the tree houses. They always look so inviting and they are tucked away. Someday I would love to try them out but I think you have to be a DVC is right? Anyone have an answer? :confused:

Nope- you can stay on cash, don't have to be DVC :)

Iluvtink
08-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been dying to stay in the Treehouse Villas, but my husband is a bit reluctant. I just had to read him your review. Now he at least seems to be a bit more open to the idea. :mickey:

Christine
08-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been dying to stay in the Treehouse Villas, but my husband is a bit reluctant. I just had to read him your review. Now he at least seems to be a bit more open to the idea. :mickey:

You're welcome! I really hope you get to go- its breathtaking. :cloud9:

MyDisneyworld
08-20-2013, 03:32 PM
We have stayed twice and loved it both times. It's so relaxing and the pool is a hidden gem.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Patricia
08-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the pics and report, Christine.

Maybe a group of us should book one of these for the next Icot meet? :mickey:

Christine
08-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the pics and report, Christine.

Maybe a group of us should book one of these for the next Icot meet? :mickey:

Oooooo that's good thinking!!