PDA

View Full Version : Week of Halloween

Scrappy2
08-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Ok we decided against Veterns Day weekend and booked the week prior. I now understand that is Jersey week. Now wondering if I should move up another week but that will be week of Halloween. We are only doing Saturday-Wednesday so we would be gone by Halloween. Any advice on either of these two weeks. My Annual Pass expires in Novembr so we are running out of time. I would really like a lower crowded week.

VWL Mom
08-16-2013, 07:06 AM
We've done Jersey week many times and always found it quite manageable., it does tend to get more crowded on Thursday but you'll be gone by then.

The crowds calendars on various sites seem to show slightly lower crowds the week before but not by much.

BugeyedMuggy
08-16-2013, 08:50 AM
When and what is Jersey Week?

Scrappy2
08-16-2013, 10:27 AM
From my understanding the New Jersey schools are out for a long weekend. I hear that you see a lot with NJ shirts on. I was not aware of it until I booked my vacation.

VWL Mom
08-16-2013, 10:53 AM
When and what is Jersey Week?

All public schools are closed Thursday and Friday so the teachers will attend the NJEA Convention in Atlantic City. Some schools are also closed on Tuesday for election day. Our district has half days on Monday and Wednesday so when I would pull my kids out they'd only miss one day total for the week.

The 2013 convention dates are Nov 7 & 8, the 2014 dates are Nov 6 & 7.

Not so sure about the NJ Tshirt thing?? That's news to me.

BugeyedMuggy
08-16-2013, 04:15 PM
All public schools are closed Thursday and Friday so the teachers will attend the NJEA Convention in Atlantic City. Some schools are also closed on Tuesday for election day. Our district has half days on Monday and Wednesday so when I would pull my kids out they'd only miss one day total for the week.

The 2013 convention dates are Nov 7 & 8, the 2014 dates are Nov 6 & 7.

Not so sure about the NJ Tshirt thing?? That's news to me.

Thanks for the help. We usually go early Oct and get the Columbus Day crowd. This is our 1st time end of Oct thru early Nov. Got a little worried we booked the wrong time.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-17-2013, 12:42 AM
At least NJ week is at the end of my week! We'll just have to go to the water park towards the end of the week. Or go shopping! Either way I'm sure it won't be as bad as what I've been used to in July or August.