PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Counter Service Question

AvonleaCF
08-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Just when I think I know all there is to know about planning, I come across something I'm not sure about. Glad Intercot exists for such times. :mickey:

So I got the meal plan for my upcoming trip (which I've done before), and I know at most locations it's pretty clear what the meal includes (speaking for lunch/dinner, when you can get a meal with a side, plus a dessert and drink).

But what about places like the Boardwalk Bakery or the French Bakery or Norway in Epcot? A lot of the pastries are good for a snack credit, but do the more expensive sandwiches count as a meal credit? Can you do, for example, the salmon sandwich in Norway and get it with a side, dessert, and drink and have it count as a meal? Anyone know of any places where you can't use your CS meal credits? I usually stick to the same CS locations every trip and want to branch out more this time around.

Thanks!

Arielfan98
08-12-2013, 04:32 PM
As may probably already know the menu will have a box with purple and white and a D and a P. I would recommend asking a CM at the CS location if the salmon sandwich in Norway counts as a meal credit. I looked up on the internet and it says all sandwiches are served with a side of salad and a fruit cup. So even if you have to pay for it it sounds delicious.

TheDuckRocks
08-13-2013, 09:11 AM
I found this:
Kringla Daily Chef's Selection - Gourmet sandwich served with a side of salad or fruit cup $8.99 - $9.99

Assorted Sandwiches/Savories Vary, but may include:

Norwegian Club Sandwich - turkey, ham, and bacon with Jarlsberg and Muenster cheese with fresh tomatoes, sliced red onion, and lingonberrry mayonnaise $7.99

Ham and Apple Sandwich with Jarlsberg and Muenster cheese $6.99

Roast Beef Sandwich with Jarlsberg cheese $7.99

Salmon and Egg Sandwich $7.99

Vegetable Torte with roasted mushrooms, spinach, potatoes, Jarlsberg and Muenster cheese $5.99

Fruit Cup $3.39

Mixed Salad $3.99

And according to the official DDP brochure:
Quick Service location includes 1 single serving - entrée, dessert, non- alcoholic beverage for lunch

From the 2 things I would guess that if the sandwich you wanted on the day you go is the Chef's special the side would be included but not on the other sandwiches.

Davy Crockett
08-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Download or print the most current dining plan brochure from Disney and look for the specific restaurant or resort you wish to dine at and it will list every participating dining location and if it is a CS OR TS. Other sites which can't be listed here will give you menu level detail as well.