PDA

View Full Version : What to eat at Tony's Town Square?

Arielfan98
08-11-2013, 02:02 PM
I am leaving for Disney on Wednesday and I have heard very opinionated views on TTS. I went there last year with my mother and sister for lunch. This time we are going for dinner and I'm not sure what to order that is good. I wasn't a big fan of TTS but we cannot find any other 1 point restaurants while we are in MK. The reason I am struggling is because I'm an Italian-American from southern NY with high expectations from Italian food. I have read past posts about TTS and how the meatballs are great there (I ordered spaghetti and meatballs last time) but I wasn't overly impressed. I guess I want to know what is their most impressive entree there. I was looking into mushroom ravioli but still not sure :confused:

VWL Mom
08-11-2013, 02:13 PM
We ate there in June and I was skeptical going in because of all the bad reviews but it wasn't bad. had the Cannelloni, DH had the Lamb Shank, DS21 had the Cioppino, and DS18 had Chicken Parm. Not the best food we've ever had but everyone enjoyed their meals.

GoBlueLacheta
08-11-2013, 02:19 PM
The "in-park" dining outside of Epcot is really a few and far between so it is okay to say the least. We do return when looking for lunch in MK.

Their sauces really aren't all that bad and if it's not 9000 outside ( hate eating pasta when it's hot out) you should be able to enjoy most of their pasta dishes and it is somewhere inside the world that you can get pizza that doesn't taste like baked mickey ears.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Last time, DD and I both had the chicken parm, and it was fine. It wasn't amazing, but like any other chain-type italian place, maybe a bit better.

Arielfan98
08-11-2013, 11:00 PM
We ate there in June and I was skeptical going in because of all the bad reviews but it wasn't bad. had the Cannelloni, DH had the Lamb Shank, DS21 had the Cioppino, and DS18 had Chicken Parm. Not the best food we've ever had but everyone enjoyed their meals.

Does anyone know specifically if the lamb shank was good?

GoBlueLacheta
08-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Lamb shank is offered at many DW locations. I assume they probably go through the same suppliers and the only thing that may change is the way it is prepared.

I've enjoyed it at other DW restaurants.

mechanic
08-12-2013, 03:44 PM
the eggplant is very good.

clausjo
08-12-2013, 06:08 PM
I really enjoyed the mushroom ravoli when I was there in June.

Arielfan98
08-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the tips I'm leaving for Disney World tomorrow!!!

disneynarula
08-14-2013, 03:38 AM
This does not answer your question but have you considered one of the resorts on the monorail for dinner? We had dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe and enjoyed it very much. It was easy to get to from the MK.

We liked the quiet and relaxed atmosphere.

It also does not fill up so you can usually get a last minute ADR.

miltimo5
08-14-2013, 12:35 PM
i ate there last year and loved it.... the tomato and mozzerella salad was amazing...i had the lamb which was way to much to eat but very good ...and my first time having polenta which i loved :thumbsup: IMHO

Mfarquar
08-14-2013, 03:19 PM
This does not answer your question but have you considered one of the resorts on the monorail for dinner? We had dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe and enjoyed it very much. It was easy to get to from the MK.

I concur! Any of the resort restaurants on the monorail are far superior to Tony's IMO. As someone of Italian decent as well, I find Tony's food to be like considering Ramen Noodles to be authentic Japanese food. So, in this instance I'd be happier traveling to one of the resort restaurants or just doing a double point meal another night.

mechanic
08-14-2013, 04:17 PM
cond vote for tomato and mozzarella salad.

Arielfan98
08-21-2013, 10:03 PM

Unfortunately dining reservations are not in my control. Originally my family had planned to go to Kona Cafe that night but at the last minute changed to TTS due to location benefits. But thanks for the suggestion I will keep that in mind.